Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Power windows of my car

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Power windows of my car

    Aoa Everyone!

    Need experts advice regarding power windows of my car (Honda city vario).The speed of power windows has been decreased.Almost 1 month back i took my car to power windows expert.He replaced all the channels of windows.No doubt there was a massive improvement but again they'ad become very slow.

    I read in some forum about this problem.Someone wrote,if power windows get less electric current,their performance effect badly.(His point was valid)So,is there any way to check if its getting enough electric current or not?


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bump..

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    bro, direct connection from Battery to the relay solved my problem.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    bro, direct connection from Battery to the relay solved my problem.
    Thanks bro..I am kinda NILL in this sense.Can u guide me how to do that?

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am also facing similar kind of issue,driver side speed is good,rest r fine but front passenger side is very slow,what might be the issue?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    lazers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How old is the car ?
    FJ

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,472
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Yaar 7 saal purani gari hai. Relays check karwah lo.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mehran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Lightbulb WD-40 first...

    Or first try some WD-40. Spray it down the window sides by holding back the rubber weather stripping. Then move the windows up and down a few times. If this helps then great, if not then you can start checking what the other PW members have suggested.
    :-)

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehran View Post
    Or first try some WD-40. Spray it down the window sides by holding back the rubber weather stripping. Then move the windows up and down a few times. If this helps then great, if not then you can start checking what the other PW members have suggested.
    i tried that few times,works fine,gives a speed boost but after sometime its same thing

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    supraman2jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,700
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So what's the problem if they're shutting slow? Don't mess with the PW system, there are small delicate parts in there. If you mess something up, you wont find replacement parts very easily or cheap. Personal experience.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,004
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Aoa Everyone!

    Need experts advice regarding power windows of my car (Honda city vario).The speed of power windows has been decreased.Almost 1 month back i took my car to power windows expert.He replaced all the channels of windows.No doubt there was a massive improvement but again they'ad become very slow.

    I read in some forum about this problem.Someone wrote,if power windows get less electric current,their performance effect badly.(His point was valid)So,is there any way to check if its getting enough electric current or not?
    Maybe your battery is not enough powerful and replacing it may do the job

    Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Always respect your parents

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Thanks bro..I am kinda NILL in this sense.Can u guide me how to do that?
    for all who are facing this issue, DONT use any wd40 or whatever. its useless.

    Ask electrician to install relay and provide it current from main cable rather than coming from the switches.

    Its 100% working and good. i have done it with my car as well. all other things invain. wd40 or whatever. all invain.


    Try this trick and it will work in sha Allah
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    i tried that few times,works fine,gives a speed boost but after sometime its same thing
    Bhai try out my suggestion. direct current from main cable to relay. improves drastically, you will be amazed i am sure.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    awais.9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    69
    Posts
    11,927
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    Bhai try out my suggestion. direct current from main cable to relay. improves drastically, you will be amazed i am sure.
    well i dont know whats the standard system but u r suggesting to direct the current from power windows cable to relay,dont know where relay is located though
    khair will ask a mechanic to do that if u can explain it a little more so i can tell mechanic what to do
    though i think its something wrong with just this mirror,as not only it slow but sometimes it just stops before its completely closed

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racerali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,065
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro your problem is that after 5,7 years door glass and its run channel needs adjustments as yesterday me did D.I.Y on my ride wd 40 gives boost but after some time it becomes more worse so me adjust glass alignment and install a new run channel because is 2000 Honda civic (13 years old ) in your case do some alignment by using factory service manual because local mechanic makes it more worse
    Thanks

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks alot..I've tried WD40 formula but koi kaam nahi hua..I am dead sure there is some issue with power supply of windows..Kyu ke ek dam se speed kum hui and i cannot find the power windows relay of my car(honda city vario-07) :s..

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    well i dont know whats the standard system but u r suggesting to direct the current from power windows cable to relay,dont know where relay is located though
    khair will ask a mechanic to do that if u can explain it a little more so i can tell mechanic what to do
    though i think its something wrong with just this mirror,as not only it slow but sometimes it just stops before its completely closed

    dekhain bhai, relay ko current chahiya na working kay liya ??? to bus woh current app main power say day do usay. dont give it current from the cable which is coming from switches. tell him kay battery say direct kar do darwazay.


    the relays will be in door, incase they are installed already. if not then you will have to install.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Thanks alot..I've tried WD40 formula but koi kaam nahi hua..I am dead sure there is some issue with power supply of windows..Kyu ke ek dam se speed kum hui and i cannot find the power windows relay of my car(honda city vario-07) :s..
    aray yara, told you. wd40 is nothing. relay koi mushkil nai bhai. if you would be here in lahore , i would have given you. i took a few from BILAL gunj. relay is around 120-150 depending upon your location.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    aray yara, told you. wd40 is nothing. relay koi mushkil nai bhai. if you would be here in lahore , i would have given you. i took a few from BILAL gunj. relay is around 120-150 depending upon your location.
    Brother jub windows direct battery se operate hongi toh i dont think ke relay ki zaroorat peraygi.Btw thnks a lot for being vey helpful .

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Brother jub windows direct battery se operate hongi toh i dont think ke relay ki zaroorat peraygi.Btw thnks a lot for being vey helpful .
    yahi to trick hay na bhai. direct konsa wire app battery say laao *** ? kisi main cable say hi ani hay aur relay us main bhi jaan dalay gi if any issue. but you have a valid point if one wants to omit relays.
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •