Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By talhabinomar
  • 1 Post By Ravager
  • 1 Post By naseemfaraz

Thread: City 2006, Petrol consumption too high

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajidcompk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default City 2006, Petrol consumption too high

    Dear members

    i have 2006 Honda City, CNG consumption is ok but on petrol its totally out, only 9km/litter.

    when i took this car, it has problem of Pick/speed and consumption, so i changed Fuel pump, get tappit setting,
    with this pick issue and performance is resolved and CNG consumption is optimized.

    but on petrol its still same. i filled tank Full and then drive 200-300 KM then refill again and take the average, its between 9-9.5 km/L.

    i drive in Islamabad, daily trip is average 50Km and average speed is 60 Km/H. only 4 signals on my way so cant say its due to traffic jam or long wait on signals.

    please advise
    and also mention some good workshop/mechanic from where i get it repaired.

    is it worth to take car to Honda Calssic in I-10?

    thanks


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    aoun556's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidcompk View Post
    Dear members

    i have 2006 Honda City, CNG consumption is ok but on petrol its totally out, only 9km/litter.

    when i took this car, it has problem of Pick/speed and consumption, so i changed Fuel pump, get tappit setting,
    with this pick issue and performance is resolved and CNG consumption is optimized.

    but on petrol its still same. i filled tank Full and then drive 200-300 KM then refill again and take the average, its between 9-9.5 km/L.

    i drive in Islamabad, daily trip is average 50Km and average speed is 60 Km/H. only 4 signals on my way so cant say its due to traffic jam or long wait on signals.

    please advise
    and also mention some good workshop/mechanic from where i get it repaired.

    is it worth to take car to Honda Calssic in I-10?

    thanks
    its manual or vario?

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajidcompk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Manual transmission

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,471
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    then surely it is very low. wait for gurus to reply

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Ravager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,025
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Plugs.. Throttle body service.. Fuel filter.. Engine oil.. Injector cleaner.. Lastly try refilling from caltex super market.. Do all these and then tell me the response..

    Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajidcompk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    except Injector cleaner did remaining thing. using Zic A+ engine oil.
    and getting fuel from PSO F7 markaz.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    mag88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajidcompk View Post
    except Injector cleaner did remaining thing. using Zic A+ engine oil.
    and getting fuel from PSO F7 markaz.

    Are you using advancer? Tune your car (and timing) on petrol with out advancer and then on cng after installing advancer(with out air passage blocking) making sure its off on petrol and when idling on cng. Make sure the emulator also properly disconects the injectors and disables the fuel pump in cng mode.

    The clip4 plus/clip5 3 in 1 is a good product as it encodes the O2 sensor into LEDs. (And simulates to ECU to avoid Check engine light). Personally i will an advise extra lamda sensor to be installed in exhaust pipe in cars which do not have this sensor to ECU in the petrol setup. Google pakwheels for details.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    rashid81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    982
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Plugs.. Throttle body service.. Fuel filter.. Engine oil.. Injector cleaner.. Lastly try refilling from caltex super market.. Do all these and then tell me the response..

    Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Bro, whats going on in ur DP at first sight i thought its....

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    naseemfaraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go to Madani Auto Tech, Shop 53/54 National Market Satelite Town Rawalpindi and there will be a person gulzab he knows the car specially EFI like no one. i had the same problem he will help you surely. his number is 0345 5899957

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    sajidcompk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i got my car tuneup, on petrol from Enercon Melody, fill the fuel from Caltex Super market but max average is 12km/L

    how to improve it.
    i have same model 2 cars in my family and being drive in same situation, they didnt do anything special after CNG loadshedding but their average is 14-15KM/L

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •