1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 99 extremely poor fuel economy

I have bought this honda city exi first gen a week ago,its a 1.3l carby engine ...overall condition of the car is extremely clean and the car has been driven on petrol from the first day with original 130k kms on the clock...what I dont like about this car is its fuel economy ...I hardly got 150kms from a RS3000 worth petrol ...I noticed its giving alot of black smoke on a cold start which eventually disappears but you can fell the smell of unburnt petrol coming out of the exhaust ..I went to the mechanic and he checked the plugs which were to my surprise ORANGE in colour ...mechanic was like every thing is okay and dont let someone touch the carburator and ruin it completely and blah blah ...another thing I noticed was slight jerks while shifting the gear from 1st to 2nd which I guess has something to do with the carburator ...someone please advice me what to do as I couldnt afford to drive it daily petrol ...I have plans to convert the car to cng and got a kit lying around but I want the car first to be completely set on petrol ..