Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Honda City 2004 Restoration Plan!

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default Honda City 2004 Restoration Plan!

    Guys,

    I am getting a beat up 2004 City from a colleague. I am planning to restore it but wan't a little idea about the parts i require so that i can calculate the buying price.

    The car needs,

    1. Inner/Outer CV Joints
    2. Shocks Absorbers/Springs
    3. Bushes etc.
    4. EPS is not working. Steering is shaky, so i am thinking may be complete rack.
    5. Windscreen
    6. Radiator
    7. Coolant Pipes
    8. Vario Gear box is beat up and shaky... 24-40k kharcha as per estimate from Friends Motors
    9. Front/Rear Bumpers

    Anyone who has been through this process, i need tips and approximate figure i should keep in mind so that i dont run into wierd surprises.

    Similar Threads:

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Engine seems ok. It is last on the priority list. I still havnt checked the compression but it does not reduce any oil and there also no sign of smoke from tail pipe.
    Just check all the belts, pulley and bearings for noise and engine /brake fluids etc.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    First decide whether u will use new parts or used parts Abdul hamed guys will install whatever you will tell them.

    If you want to keep the cars for 5 years or more go for new suspension stuff otherwise junk stuff.

    After suspension repair Abdul Hameed will tell u if there is still play in the steering or not.

    EPS sensors and whole EPS assembly with kit is available for 15K for JDM FIT /Aria at Shershah.
    For the time being its a project car. I already have two cars for home use. A 7th Gen Civic & 02'City Exis. I'll have to see what shape it takes and then decide weather to keep it or ditch it.

    I will def. contact you for help with EPS, Rack & Gear...

    Talking about steering racks, I have a slight problem with my Civic's rack. It does not lock equally on both sides. Like it takes 2 turns on left and 1 1/2 on right. Checked with good alignment shops and Afzal, they think its not a problem. Threads on tie rods are even and the rack is firmly in place where it should be. I have no idea whats stopping a full turn. Wheels do not hit anywhere, the steering just stops turning earlier on one side.

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Just check all the belts, pulley and bearings for noise and engine /brake fluids etc.
    Brakes need some work, probably new discs as service as it skids to the left on hard braking.

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,958
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    I still hav'nt received the car. Doing research meanwhile.

    Any idea how much would a kabli rack cost me ?
    Can you please pm me how much your getting it for
    I'm also going to get my cars suspension done in a few days will go and get a price idea of parts and labour tomo

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,958
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Brakes need some work, probably new discs as service as it skids to the left on hard braking.
    I also experience the same in my car could be due to the bad suspension and rear negative camber

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fahadwizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,383
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Can you please pm me how much your getting it for
    I'm also going to get my cars suspension done in a few days will go and get a price idea of parts and labour tomo
    Check bradpit's post if you're looking for a rack.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    For the time being its a project car. I already have two cars for home use. A 7th Gen Civic & 02'City Exis. I'll have to see what shape it takes and then decide weather to keep it or ditch it.

    I will def. contact you for help with EPS, Rack & Gear...

    Talking about steering racks, I have a slight problem with my Civic's rack. It does not lock equally on both sides. Like it takes 2 turns on left and 1 1/2 on right. Checked with good alignment shops and Afzal, they think its not a problem. Threads on tie rods are even and the rack is firmly in place where it should be. I have no idea whats stopping a full turn. Wheels do not hit anywhere, the steering just stops turning earlier on one side.
    No problem but you must have to align the rack at the center so it should go in both directions equally.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,958
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    So my dad got our City's front suspension fixed
    the front shocks(kabli) were replaced along with outer CV joints and all rubber bushings were replaced and left rear hub was also changed as its bearing went bad all in all 14.5k was the final bill and the rear hub costed 1.6k
    The car now runs really smooth and all the noises are gone but still the is a bit wobbly at speeds of 80-90 the suspension guy said that your cars tyres are old and worn
    we got the work done from Shahjee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •