Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City overheating

Salam,
    The latest problem in my car Since the last 3 weeks the car tends to overheat reduce water and water boils in the reservoir after a drive of more than 10 mins. the red light starts blinking and i stop the car at the nearest fuel station or commercial area which in Karachi isnt very far
    The car has no coolant (tap water) T stat valve is installed and fans are direct and A/C wasn't used
    Now i showed it to a mechanic here in my area he said that the pipe which goes from the water pump to engine block is leaking and needs replacement he touched the lower part of the pipe (where it goes into the engine block) and water was on his finger i checked it too but yesterday when i went to plaza to get the pipe replaced the mechanic said that your fan isnt working (1 out of 2 was working) because its shroud was broken and the motor was bad so replaced the entire thing with a kabli one we went from Saddar to nursery to drop off the person I went with and after going like a few meters ahead the stupid red light started blinking and water was again boiling
    After getting a replacement fan for 4k im really pissed apparently their is no leakage but still the water the water level decreases and the starts boiling
    what could be the problem ? And because the stupid car doesnt have a heat guage im not sure about the temperature

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    What special treatment does a car require that is driven at max 10 km's a day ? since 2 years we have spend more 60k on this stupid car
    Tyres,suspension,battery miscellaneous parts have been replaced
    regular maintenance oil changes are done
    every 2/3 days i check all oils fluids air filter is cleaned every week washed and waxed every week
    Also i was going to flush the cooling system and fill it with coolant but the heat up issue came out of nowhere
    I went to get the work done 2 days ago but still no improvement
    Really ? You call that proper maintenance ?

battery and tyres have to be replaced whatsovever. They are wear and tear items. Same goes for the suspension bushings, ends etc.

The oil you were using was not recommended for this engine. It was too thick.

Every 2-3 days you check all the fluids if they are on their level. Apart from doing that you also have to change them after specific running.

Washing and waxing has nothing to do with mechanical maintenance.

You have been running the car on salty tap water. That ****** up your cooling system. And you are saying that proper maintenance ?

Seems like you still have the mentality of most of pakistanis "Chalti ka naam gaari". Being a pakwheeler you are not supposed to think that way. You are supposed to learn from here. We have many marvelous members here who teach us proper way to maintain our cars. The waste their precious time visiting and writing here for us. There are discussions about every aspect of car. There are DIY's so that you can understand how to do it. There are reviews of what products to use.

What is the usefulness of that knowledge if you don't avail it and apply it. You disappoint me brother. You are supposed to be better than this being a pakwheeler.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother u have surely burnt ur gasket. Dont waste time on other thngs and change the gasket.
    Speed Costs Money... How Fast Can U Afford To Drive...???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine overheating burns all components (if driven after overheating) engine will/may require complete overhaul

"Never forget the favours done for you.Always forget the favours you've done for others"
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    Really ? You call that proper maintenance ?

battery and tyres have to be replaced whatsovever. They are wear and tear items. Same goes for the suspension bushings, ends etc.

The oil you were using was not recommended for this engine. It was too thick.

Every 2-3 days you check all the fluids if they are on their level. Apart from doing that you also have to change them after specific running.

Washing and waxing has nothing to do with mechanical maintenance.

You have been running the car on salty tap water. That ****** up your cooling system. And you are saying that proper maintenance ?

Seems like you still have the mentality of most of pakistanis "Chalti ka naam gaari". Being a pakwheeler you are not supposed to think that way. You are supposed to learn from here. We have many marvelous members here who teach us proper way to maintain our cars. The waste their precious time visiting and writing here for us. There are discussions about every aspect of car. There are DIY's so that you can understand how to do it. There are reviews of what products to use.

What is the usefulness of that knowledge if you don't avail it and apply it. You disappoint me brother. You are supposed to be better than this being a pakwheeler.
    I know about periodic maintenance And i know the consequences of running a car on tap water i got radiator flush and coolant aswell but returned the coolant as it would go to waste because of a water leak
    Brother I have other cars too they have more mileage than this City and are older too so but they are reliable because both are Toyota
    If this car had a heat guage i would have known the engine temp. but no this car has a stupid light that goes on at 119-120'C so how am i supposed to know that the car is heating ?
    Why isnt 10w-30 good for the car ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a 99 model City and I sold it after a mileage of 172K, not a single issue with engine. Met the second owner after 1.5 yrs and the car was still running just fine. Then I owned a City 2007 and sold it after running 82K, again not a single issue .

I always use recommended engine oil from Honda and a coolant.

It could be just that its yr bad luck.
    FJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man you gotta replace those metal pipes at the back. Get the system serviced cehck if tstat is working fine. Reinstall everything and check for overheating. If it continues, u might have to open up the head. while at it, throw a new cap or try any 1.1 bar cap from one of your other cars.

If you continue to overheat it, u will eventually wreck the engine, which is easy to do on this particular car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    Man you gotta replace those metal pipes at the back. Get the system serviced cehck if tstat is working fine. Reinstall everything and check for overheating. If it continues, u might have to open up the head. while at it, throw a new cap or try any 1.1 bar cap from one of your other cars.

If you continue to overheat it, u will eventually wreck the engine, which is easy to do on this particular car.
    Where exactly are those pipes located ?
    A mechanic told me that this pipe is causing the leak this goes from the water body to engine block
    Honda City overheating ! -1408209

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually the car is a 2004 model and has 132k km on the odo
    Oh...I dont know but ive used zic A+ 5w-20 in all my cars from day one and my Apv has crossed 170k , still engine is strong

"Never forget the favours done for you.Always forget the favours you've done for others"
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
    I had a 99 model City and I sold it after a mileage of 172K, not a single issue with engine. Met the second owner after 1.5 yrs and the car was still running just fine. Then I owned a City 2007 and sold it after running 82K, again not a single issue .

I always use recommended engine oil from Honda and a coolant.

It could be just that its yr bad luck.
    My car was used and abused by the first owner Our first mistake was buying it
    This car has been bad karma every other month something goes bad :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ha! You Sound like @kalia who said about one ov his cars' Previous owner, 'I asked only one question and he told me only One thing and that was also a lie.'

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Ha! You Sound like @kalia who said about one ov his cars' Previous owner, 'I asked only one question and he told me only One thing and that was also a lie.'

no seriously the car was in very poor state when we bought it the previous owner was a friend of my dad and he urgently wanted to sell this car but we could have gotten it checked before buying and the car was sold with a pack of lies on basis of trust
    after giving us the car he left for Multan on his almost brand new (just bought) Axio and the car had an accident in interior Sindh all happened with in a few hours

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lying While selling, even through Metre Reversing, always comes Back to you worse than ever. Allah is watching silently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know about periodic maintenance And i know the consequences of running a car on tap water i got radiator flush and coolant aswell but returned the coolant as it would go to waste because of a water leak
    Brother I have other cars too they have more mileage than this City and are older too so but they are reliable because both are Toyota
    If this car had a heat guage i would have known the engine temp. but no this car has a stupid light that goes on at 119-120'C so how am i supposed to know that the car is heating ?
    Why isnt 10w-30 good for the car ?
    So you accept now that the car was abused by the previous owner. What is the fault of the car you are calling stupid. You yourself said that it was running on 20w-50 previously before change to 10w30. I saw your other thread of noisy brakes. You did not change the brake pads for long time and that screwed the discs. Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes whatever car it is. If you dont treat it well, it will give up on you.

Although i do strongly agree with you that removing the temp guage by Honda is really stupid. One does not notice if the car is overheating and when your eyes notice the red light, the damage had already been done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think your gasket is fried. Do one thing, pop the hood, open the radiator cap and crank up the car. If water is forced out the cap with hii pressure, you my friend have a bad head gasket.
    "Being between arabs, you call it "Jimmss Yukaan Sagheer", or GMC yukon." - Xulfiqar.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So you accept now that the car was abused by the previous owner. What is the fault of the car you are calling stupid. You yourself said that it was running on 20w-50 previously before change to 10w30. I saw your other thread of noisy brakes. You did not change the brake pads for long time and that screwed the discs. Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes whatever car it is. If you dont treat it well, it will give up on you.

Although i do strongly agree with you that removing the temp guage by Honda is really stupid. One does not notice if the car is overheating and when your eyes notice the red light, the damage had already been done.
    yeah i admit the Corona was my fault previously was used by my brother but he went to Lahore for studies so car remained parked since the past year and me being a college student couldnt maintain it because of my studies but now im free so fixing her up
    Actually i called the City a stupid car because of being a bit tricky and the no heat gauge and I DIY most of the stuff on my car like cleaning TB,changing plugs flushing radiator etc and its not easy doing it on the City but thats my personal opinion about my car
    I got the alternator replaced last DEC and the procedure was very time consuming and hectic the mechanic had to remove the radiator loosen up the A/C compressor to access the bolts holding the alternator and the right side wheel and the part was a bit expensive too
    where the alternator on my Corona was changed with in 15-20 mins and I was good to go and the replacement alternator was easily available and cheap too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    I think your gasket is fried. Do one thing, pop the hood, open the radiator cap and crank up the car. If water is forced out the cap with hii pressure, you my friend have a bad head gasket.
    So i removed the radiator car (the water level was a little bit lower then the mouth of the radiator) cranked started the car no water came out turned off the car (couldnt record the video)
    2nd try : added very little water (again didnt fill it till the mouth) started the car water did come out but not with high pressure
    The video

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So i removed the radiator car (the water level was a little bit lower then the mouth of the radiator) cranked started the car no water came out turned off the car (couldnt record the video)
    2nd try : added very little water (again didnt fill it till the mouth) started the car water did come out but not with high pressure
    The video
    Is the thermostat removed ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is the thermostat removed ?
    No because when i tried to flush the engine block water wasnt going through until the engine was started and the green light went away

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Incase the head gasket is shot what are the symptoms ?
    The car drives perfectly fine and there no oil in the radiator and no water or whitish gunk on the dip stick

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Incase the head gasket is shot what are the symptoms ?
    The car drives perfectly fine and there no oil in the radiator and no water or whitish gunk on the dip stick
    Your gasket is fine if it's not throwing water out. In some cases, water does not mix with oil when you have a bad gasket, so don't just rely on that symptom only. It can be oil in coolant or vice versa, it can be air in the coolant and coolant in the combustion chamber, depends on the engine design.

Get your radiator checked, change if necessary, get a T stat installed, put your fan on auto, caltex coolant, all new pipes, and bleed all the air out. I bet you the problem would go away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List