3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch

Honda Atlas cars Pakistan limited is planning to launch new Honda City 2014.The variants will be same as before 1.3 City and 1.5 City aspire. The car will be launched with same specifications as of Honda Thailand except the push start and e-con. The car will be Launched any time after the end of June.

Attached Images Attached Images      

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by taha1210 View Post
    yaar auto ki economy nhe achi hoti.. talking about 9.5kmpl, my 2013 gli (1.3m/t) gives around 10. considering that, 9.5 with auto tranny doesnt seem bad.
    Disappointment is not in fuel economy but in sluggish performance. I believe 1000 cc auto cars can easily maintain 120kmph on motorway and their pedal response is much linear.

Roshan on the run!
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r0shu View Post
    Being an owner of the current generation City 1.3 auto transmission since 2012. I rate it in the following manner:

Pros:
    1. Good shape
    2. Better fit and finish as compared to previous generation
    3. Direct steering
    4. Bolstered, relatively hard seats (some people consider them uncomfortable so it can be a con for them)

Cons:
    1. Poor drivetrain (combination of engine and transmission). Car struggles to maintain speed on motorway as the transmission and engine are not quite compatible. 5 speed auto tries to keep the car in low rpms howeever engine is not tuned to have enough torque in low rpms. Torque shows its evidence after 3k rpm and then the icing on the cake, car never crosses 4.5k before up shifting. Hence the whole 100 hp experience turns into a very confusing experience.
    2. Air conditioning is not very effective in Lahori summers. Especially when you park the car under sun in June/July for an hour or more it take good 30mins to cool the cabin.
    3. Fuel economy is not impressive either. The max I've achieved in summers in city driving is 9.5km/l and on motorways it's around 12. On the other hand if I compare it to the Altis, that I own, being 1.6 it gives similar figures with much better drive and performance.
    4. Car's stability on high speeds is bad. As said before the steering is direct, reponsive and has just the right weight. But on the other hand car sways with the lightest of cross winds.
    Any given day I would rate previous generation of city much better than this. On paper it had alot less power but it was much better on road.

As far as performance, air conditioning and economy are concerned the car has been diagnosed by mutilple honda dealerships for no issues. Plus I have compared it to other same gen automatic citys of friends and relatives and they're all the same.

Worst part is I bought this car after reading all the amazing reviews on pakwheels and I'm disappointed.

Let's hope the new one turns out to be better. But Honda needs to do a lot if they want to attract back unhappy customers like me.

Roshan on the run!
    I agree with every word in the review except for the mileage part which in my case is quite better.
    Honda city 2014  pakistan launch -1445146
    it has dropped greatly now. before the use of the app it was greater than 15kmpl in winter. and note that these are actual figures not the ones recorded form the meter.

Because of the reasons mentioned in the review, esp the stiff suspension, i highly dissatisfied with my car. wont be buying the next city unless it has a durable and soft suspension like the corolla.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    I agree with every word in the review except for the mileage part which in my case is quite better.
    Honda city 2014  pakistan launch -1445146
    it has dropped greatly now. before the use of the app it was greater than 15kmpl in winter. and note that these are actual figures not the ones recorded form the meter.

Because of the reasons mentioned in the review, esp the stiff suspension, i highly dissatisfied with my car. wont be buying the next city unless it has a durable and soft suspension like the corolla.
    I second you as fuel average of my 2011 manual city was 14km/l in city cruise.
    Rest is 100% my experience too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ptvgrind View Post
    I second you as fuel average of my 2011 manual city was 14km/l in city cruise.
    Rest is 100% my experience too.

You're getting this fuel avg as you have a manual transmission, mines an auto tranny. I can get a max around 11kmpl in winters in city driving by hypermiling.

Roshan on the run!
    Honda City i-VTEC Prosmatec - Worst car ever!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cons:
    1. Poor drivetrain (combination of engine and transmission). Car struggles to maintain speed on motorway as the transmission and engine are not quite compatible. 5 speed auto tries to keep the car in low rpms howeever engine is not tuned to have enough torque in low rpms. Torque shows its evidence after 3k rpm and then the icing on the cake, car never crosses 4.5k before up shifting. Hence the whole 100 hp experience turns into a very confusing experience.
    2. Air conditioning is not very effective in Lahori summers. Especially when you park the car under sun in June/July for an hour or more it take good 30mins to cool the cabin.
    3. Fuel economy is not impressive either. The max I've achieved in summers in city driving is 9.5km/l and on motorways it's around 12. On the other hand if I compare it to the Altis, that I own, being 1.6 it gives similar figures with much better drive and performance.
    4. Car's stability on high speeds is bad. As said before the steering is direct, reponsive and has just the right weight. But on the other hand car sways with the lightest of cross winds.
    Any given day I would rate previous generation of city much better than this. On paper it had alot less power but it was much better on road.

As far as performance, air conditioning and economy are concerned the car has been diagnosed by mutilple honda dealerships for no issues. Plus I have compared it to other same gen automatic citys of friends and relatives and they're all the same.

Worst part is I bought this car after reading all the amazing reviews on pakwheels and I'm disappointed.

Let's hope the new one turns out to be better. But Honda needs to do a lot if they want to attract back unhappy customers like me.

Roshan on the run!
    I donot agree with the poor drive train part ..I own 1.3 manual and power delivery at all rpms is decent .. but again may it is be becoz it is manual also Honda Ivtec is a rev happy engine ... have taken it till 6000 rpms with ease

Yes it sways becoz it is lighter

Econony of manual is JUST MARVELLOUS ! .. I am not exaggerating and neither am I relying on cluster guage .. I easily get 200+ kms with 1500 worth of petrol ( 13.84 ltrs ) with in Islamabad ... I think 1.3 cannot be more fuel efficient then this !!!

I think it is the auto tranny and the lahire traffic which has the adverse effect on mileage

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You're getting this fuel avg as you have a manual transmission, mines an auto tranny. I can get a max around 11kmpl in winters in city driving by hypermiling.

Roshan on the run!
    Agreed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda city 2014 --- pakistan launch

Roshan on the run!
    I get 10.5 plus on my civic prosmatec 2013 in city with AC on and normal drive no hypermiling.. Whereas 12 plus with AC on in city on my manual city 2010 and i dont feel it under powered whereas a friend of mine has auto city and he also complains of being underpower and low fuel economy

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I forgot to mention. Mine is 2009 model automatic.

The consumption is good probably cuz I drive on islamabad expressway most of the time. Daily running is 50km

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard there is no new shape of city coming in pakistan for next two years. Honda is only changing some specification including rear new lights etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard there is no all new city coming to pakistan for next two years.... honda is only changing some specs with rear light changes...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Being an owner of the current generation City 1.3 auto transmission since 2012. I rate it in the following manner:

Pros:
    1. Good shape
    2. Better fit and finish as compared to previous generation
    3. Direct steering
    4. Bolstered, relatively hard seats (some people consider them uncomfortable so it can be a con for them)

Cons:

Roshan on the run!

Your Auto Transmission has contributed to atleast 50% of these issues.
    Somewhat agree to the poor drivetrain..
    Suspension is really hard though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xeeshan161 View Post
    Honda Atlas cars Pakistan limited is planning to launch new Honda City 2014.The variants will be same as before 1.3 City and 1.5 City aspire. The car will be launched with same specifications as of Honda Thailand except the push start and e-con. The car will be Launched any time after the end of June.
    I doubt they'll introduce the parking sensors here..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its really cool,,,can you please share if available,what will be the tentative price of this 1.5 Honda with auto transmission.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear ObIqbal,,,Very useful info shared by you,,,Can you please share your comments as I am confused and need to decide between Honda 1.5 and Toyota GLI 1.6,in auto transmission....I mean which will be better option to buy keeping in mind features and price.

Thanks in advance for yours and other friends valueable suggestions in this regard.

Thx,
    Ahsan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the corolla xli gli launch date is 2 august. that means we might get the new shape of city this year in oct-dec

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ChaudhryBabu View Post
    Dear ObIqbal,,,Very useful info shared by you,,,Can you please share your comments as I am confused and need to decide between Honda 1.5 and Toyota GLI 1.6,in auto transmission....I mean which will be better option to buy keeping in mind features and price.

Thanks in advance for yours and other friends valueable suggestions in this regard.

Thx,
    Ahsan
    My personal preference is Asipre, but 1.6 GLi auto is a very good car too. Infact, it is more comfortable, less noisy and a bigger feel. On the other hand, I don't like the front seats and its not fun to drive. With Aspire, you are in control (till a certain speed)..

Sorry for going off topic ~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aspire 1.5 is cheaper than standard 1.3 Gli with so much goodies like bigger engine, alloys, leather setas, navi

Ex-Factory Price (Pak Rs.)*

Manual Transmission 1,658,000
    Prosmatec Transmission 1,800,000
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please letme know if city new model is coming or not. I want to buy prosmatic but waiting waiting and waiting.. i went to showroom few days back and come to know now city new shape is not coming but they are changing some rear lights may be by Oct - Nov 14. ???? Any news

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir as per my information from the owner of one of the honda showrooms, the new model not coming before last quarter 2015. At the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad.H View Post
    Sir as per my information from the owner of one of the honda showrooms, the new model not coming before last quarter 2015. At the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    but everyone is saying december 2014 or jan 2015

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List