3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch

Honda Atlas cars Pakistan limited is planning to launch new Honda City 2014.The variants will be same as before 1.3 City and 1.5 City aspire. The car will be launched with same specifications as of Honda Thailand except the push start and e-con. The car will be Launched any time after the end of June.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Because people in Pakistan prefer resale over life,for them buying car is an investment.Buy a corolla every one says it has best Reeeeeesaalee.The steel grade used for local manufacturing is substandard as compared to imported cars i.e JDMs.There is no safety in these cars.Also adding my perspective is independent of any fanbase.These cars are death magnets and our government is doing nothing about it.Atleast let manufacturers import airbags at 0 duty of customs so that consumers at our end have a better chance of survival in case of an accident.
    You are almost there. Now tell me why Corolla has resale ?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Civic sales have droped around 30% after the launch of corolla.People are buying grande instead of civic.

City sales are virtually unaffected as compared to 2013.But PAMA doesnot display data for jan-may which still does not give a good approximation of sale trend.

Corolla sales after new model launch have increased by 80 percent.

The only reason people are going for current city is that they have to pay less for more.People who are not cash strapped are going for rolla.
    Agreed......my budget didn't allow Altis 1.6! However City is much better then xli and gli!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah1913 View Post
    Don't need to buy the navigation card! The card would be given to you by the dealership free of cost on car delivery! The multimedia system has four speakers! Two infront and two in rear! You have to convert video files to .avi (xvid) format with mp3 audio to play video files thru usb! It has automatic Bluetooth connection with your cell phone! Good navigation and even small shops of small cities are available in maps!
    Thanks for the info :-) but last time i went to showroom i didnt see any usb port or aux connector on da navi system!
    If possible can u give me some advice/tips when purchasing the city!!! :-) hope u dont mind!

and sorry for late response!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by geforce911 View Post
    Thanks for the info :-) but last time i went to showroom i didnt see any usb port or aux connector on da navi system!
    If possible can u give me some advice/tips when purchasing the city!!! :-) hope u dont mind!

and sorry for late response!!!
    There is no aux connector but you get ipod, usb and interenet connectivity cables, you weren't able to see them coz they are comming out if the glove box.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys Nayi City agar launch nahin ho rahi to phir hum sab ko samajh jaana chahiye ke iske peeche koi wajah hai...Agar abhi nahin to agle saal ke aakhir tak ya phir 2017 mein to har haal mein aajayegi na...Aur time guzarte bhi to pata nahin chalta na...So get your hopes high for 2016 or 2017 but afsos to zaroor hai ke is saal kyun nahin aa rahi!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    You are almost there. Now tell me why Corolla has resale ?
    plz tell me why altis has bad resale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    plz tell me why altis has bad resale
    Because Altis had fewer buyers in the past. Not anymore though
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so is it final new city is not coming this year?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If they 6th gen next year than they will definitely change to earthdreams ....
    Fingers crossed lets hope for the best ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fingers crossed dear!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can i change the lights of the ac panel.... orange is so not good plus can't stand having two colors in the interior speedo is blu ac panel is orange. Next week I'll be installing after market screen + camera can i change the bulbs to blue and remove the old ones? are there any after market bulbs available if not can i install new corolla blue bulbs? Please help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    Not just dashboard Overall Gli is a better car as compared to City.. Despite that city has all features and is comparatively cheaper, more people prefer Gli.. Why is it so?? Think abt it...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Janab please tell us the advantages of having Toyota GLI over City. I am using 1.3 manual and i have traveled alot i.e. 20,000 km in just 8 months. Not even a single problem i have faced. During this time I have traveled hilly areas, local traveling on carpeted as well rough roads and long route traveling via motor way as well GT road at high speeds around 100-150km/hr with 5 adults on board and full trunk. Car is solid as a rock, very powerful. All Pakistani cars are made from the same material. It's brakes are perfect, acceleration is perfect, handling is excellent, consumption is very good 18.5km/ltr on GT road. Whatelse you need in 15 lakh car? I don't know why people buying 1.5 version when 1.3 is so powerful? Buy Honda City Std 1.3 and use the extra money to cover fuel and maintenance expenses. You won't be able to pay a single penny for next two years if you save 1.5 lakh initially. I used to say this alot;

New Toyota XLI = New Honda City + 2 years of fuel
    New Prius = New Honda City + 10 years of fuel

About market value: New Honda City comes in 1.5 mio and 2010 model is selling at 1.3 mio, so i guess its market value pretty obvious. People might say that City sold at 1.3 and xli sold at 1.4. But xli cost you 1.5 more initially too. So in the net, Honda City wins.

For those who say that Toyota has 4 wheel disc brakes and they are as good as ABS. I would say, come on yaar. ABS is not just about brakes, its about driving style too. You can turn your car while applying brakes. You cannot do this with 4 wheel disc brakes . ABS changes your driving style completely. Especially in cities like Lahore where anyone can run on road infront of you. I have saved many lives since I bought it .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saqib369 View Post
    Janab please tell us the advantages of having Toyota GLI over City. I am using 1.3 manual and i have traveled alot i.e. 20,000 km in just 8 months. Not even a single problem i have faced. During this time I have traveled hilly areas, local traveling on carpeted as well rough roads and long route traveling via motor way as well GT road at high speeds around 100-150km/hr with 5 adults on board and full trunk. Car is solid as a rock, very powerful. All Pakistani cars are made from the same material. It's brakes are perfect, acceleration is perfect, handling is excellent, consumption is very good 18.5km/ltr on GT road. Whatelse you need in 15 lakh car? I don't know why people buying 1.5 version when 1.3 is so powerful? Buy Honda City Std 1.3 and use the extra money to cover fuel and maintenance expenses. You won't be able to pay a single penny for next two years if you save 1.5 lakh initially. I used to say this alot;

About market value: New Honda City comes in 1.5 mio and 2010 model is selling at 1.3 mio, so i guess its market value pretty obvious. People might say that City sold at 1.3 and xli sold at 1.4. But xli cost you 1.5 more initially too. So in the net, Honda City wins.

For those who say that Toyota has 4 wheel disc brakes and they are as good as ABS. I would say, come on yaar. ABS is not just about brakes, its about driving style too. You can turn your car while applying brakes. You cannot do this with 4 wheel disc brakes . ABS changes your driving style completely. Especially in cities like Lahore where anyone can run on road infront of you. I have saved many lives since I bought it .
    Kindly elaborate two points; Myth or reality about city's very hard and stiff suspension and seats as compared to corolla. Secondly ground clearance is high enough for speed bumps or not?
    These are the two most important points which have kept me away from thinking to buy city so far.
    Looking forward to your honest opinion about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
    Kindly elaborate two points; Myth or reality about city's very hard and stiff suspension and seats as compared to corolla. Secondly ground clearance is high enough for speed bumps or not?
    These are the two most important points which have kept me away from thinking to buy city so far.
    Looking forward to your honest opinion about it.
    its true that suspension is rock hard and its an honest opinion as I own city present shape since 2010.
    Seats and Ground clearance are ok.. acceptable
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    its true that suspension is rock hard and its an honest opinion as I own city present shape since 2010.
    Seats and Ground clearance are ok.. acceptable
    Depends though. If you're using a City after a Corolla the difference will be huge. I personally prefer stiffer suspension but that'll probably go away with age and a bad back.

Sent from my uPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You forgot to mention two things. Free stiff muscles and back pain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adlshahid View Post
    can i change the lights of the ac panel.... orange is so not good plus can't stand having two colors in the interior speedo is blu ac panel is orange. Next week I'll be installing after market screen + camera can i change the bulbs to blue and remove the old ones? are there any after market bulbs available if not can i install new corolla blue bulbs? Please help
    +1

Sent from my SM-G900H

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saved lives? Use I pehle kitno ko Mara hai bhae
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My dear brother you seems to be a very die hard fan of city :-). I bought city aspire 1.5 in last year october after selling my 2013 civic due to some cash need at that time, but honestly I didnt like city at all. Sold it just after a month just 4k driven for loss of almost 70k just in a month used for 1650k. Its suspension is rock hard, I have change tires to 195/65 still better but really annoying on bumpy roads. After 100km/hr car is stable but u dont feel scure and driving position is high. I took my civic to 190 and it feel soo stable and under control. Now I bough new corolla GLI although it is not satble as civic but way better than city. Too spacious soft suspension feel very stable till 150km/hr after that I miss my civic alot in handling. But you can say corolla is a passenger's car. Very comfortable. Soo in comfort driving pleasure and room space city is no where near city.

Regarding ABS, its a good feature but it give u false sense of security. U know with ABS active car steering remain under control but it increases breaking distance. And ABS has nothing to do with driving style. Im using ABS enable cars since 2009 but in all those year may be my ABS got active 3 4 times in actual emergency breaking situation. Nai tu sirf soak or check karnay kay liay he full break marta ta.

Khair everyone has its own liking disliking and preference but for me current city is not a good choice if u have enough resources to buy a GLI. Yes city has awesome.fuel economy and a decent shape.

Hopefully new city comes with better options and earthdream and cvt transmission but u never know like toyota ha launched same old vvti engine in its 1.3 variant s.

Also im not sure but only new civic and corolla comes with EBD and ABS. City dont have EBD (not sure).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems New city k shuqeen finger crossed hi kartay rah jain *** aur corolla ki uplift ya new shape aa jay gi...City k shauqeen hazraat say dili hamdardi aur afsoos ka izhaar....honda is playing really poor with you guys....Honda is leaving no stone unturned to divert their potential customers towards Toyota but brand loyality of Honda Customers is too strong and trust is unshakable...Tallian aur 21 topon.ki salami...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List