3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch

Honda Atlas cars Pakistan limited is planning to launch new Honda City 2014.The variants will be same as before 1.3 City and 1.5 City aspire. The car will be launched with same specifications as of Honda Thailand except the push start and e-con. The car will be Launched any time after the end of June.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Well, i don't believe this that Honda Atlas will skip this model because the new model does not support 1.3L engine. So, what Honda Atlas will do if next generation model (2019) does not give 1.3L engine?
    Tab bhi phir yahi city chalegi jesse mehran chalti arahi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all need to make some corrections and give some further information:-

1. The current PKDM shape Honda City was offered in two countries in 1.3 only - Pakistan and Philippines (in Philippines 1.3 was offered only in base variant, most variants were 1.5)
    2. Secondly City/Grace and Honda Jazz/Fit have almost similar platforms and 1.3 is already available for new gen Jazz/Fit/City platform.
    3. Honda can easily fit 1.3 engine in it. It is not a big deal auto companies often alter specs to suit individual markets.

Hence, 1.5 engine is not the reason it is being not launched here. Please have a look at PAMA sales current PKDM gen CITY's highest sales so far have been recorded this year since its launch. Sales figures are climbing for the city, they are making good profit .. Honda Atlas's profits have also increased this year. ( u can verify this from their financial figures)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Govt should support local industry.
    Support local industry. ? It is already being supported a lot by the government. The big 3, especially Paksuzuki, does not even want government to allow new assemblers. Do remember Paksuzuki sends its profits back to Japan.

I agree it is good to support an auto industry but the one like ours is taking unfair advantage of government incompetence and corruption. The biggest automaker , Paksuzuki, is manufacturing globally obsolete cars that do not meet any safety standards. They are still dumping 1980s era technology in Pakistan. These vehicles have no export potential whatsoever and by offering the same model for 30 years they have caused technological stagnation of the industry.
    These Japanese firms are not even transferring technology to Pakistan. Only local car offering dual airbags is Civic which is out of reach of most people anyway.

Yes , support the auto industry but only if it provides quality vehicles that offer safety features critical for passenger safety. The industry should be subject to strict safety standards and provide modern vehicles not 1980s junk.

Also are you aware Paksuzuki has influence to the extent that it has modified the upcoming auto industry development policy to cancel mandatory model replacements, mandatory safety features.

Furthermore, the worst thing is they are against the government giving any sort of incentives to new entrants like volkswagon or chevrolet to enter Pakistan. they do not want any competition as it would be against their domination and in favor of consumers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    Support local industry. ? It is already being supported a lot by the government. The big 3, especially Paksuzuki, does not even want government to allow new assemblers. Do remember Paksuzuki sends its profits back to Japan.

I agree it is good to support an auto industry but the one like ours is taking unfair advantage of government incompetence and corruption. The biggest automaker , Paksuzuki, is manufacturing globally obsolete cars that do not meet any safety standards. They are still dumping 1980s era technology in Pakistan. These vehicles have no export potential whatsoever and by offering the same model for 30 years they have caused technological stagnation of the industry.
    These Japanese firms are not even transferring technology to Pakistan. Only local car offering dual airbags is Civic which is out of reach of most people anyway.

Yes , support the auto industry but only if it provides quality vehicles that offer safety features critical for passenger safety. The industry should be subject to strict safety standards and provide modern vehicles not 1980s junk.
    Thumbs Up. Right on the money post.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Yes raj ke lootophir. The cartel at any cost should be abolished, Mehran has been same ever since, XLi does not even has power windows and costs 1,650,000 . Anywhere else in the globe people might not even look at such scrap in this price. Duties should be reduced by most, It will not only put inflation down, but will also raise purchasing power of people and force the local producers to put in quality and features in their products rather than looting people. Government just supports the cartel.
    As you said, govt just supports the cartel. But i said, govt should support local industry. So supporting a cartel is a different thing and supporting the local industry is different thing.

Govt should allow other brands to enter and break the monopoly of these 3. This is what i want to said.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As you said, govt just supports the cartel. But i said, govt should support local industry. So supporting a cartel is a different thing and supporting the local industry is different thing.

Govt should allow other brands to enter and break the monopoly of these 3. This is what i want to said.
    Local Industry itself is cartel that wont let new entrants grow up. Government's best option is to lower duties

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay guys it's a false rumor that next City won't be launched due to 1.5 Engine only.
    Many of my close friends are in Honda. And i'm talking about high end officials including some of the GM's. (Sorry I won't be mentioning any names due to certain reasons) That's exactly the reason why i am going to explain this fake rumor with logic here:
    When current Gen of City had to be launched. They did a lot of working for Pakistan and were actually thinking of launching it as a 1.5 i-Vtec as 1.3 was not available. So after all the research and analysis, Atlas finally decided to find a solution for getting a 1.3 instead of 1.5 and the result was, Honda global gave Atlas an option that if Atlas is willing to bear and share the cost of development, they can design and produce a 1.3 specifically. To which Atlas agreed. The massive hike in price was simply due to the same reason as well. Honda Atlas had to recover that investment so there was a price hike and despite that Atlas was selling it at a little less than it's cost. Most of you may remember the price was decreased in 2010 to promote sales. It took them a few good years to even come close to break even of the investment Atlas put in.
    So exactly the same way next City will probably share a 1.3 i-Vtec once again with minor tweaks like they were given to R18 in 8th Civic and 9th Civic with same engine. The platform will be altered and we possibly will get the new shape in a smaller engine just like before. So a request to my brothers who are putting up self made rumors which are absolutely pointless: please don't misguide other fellow members while showing off that ure some Guru unless you have an authentic report. Every Honda rep is saying they will launch the next City in 2016. They may be lying about time but the point is, not one of any dealers or official has said that they "WILL NOT LAUNCH NEW SHAPE CITY"
    So peace out please.
    It will be here sooner or later and the word NO MODEL CHANGE is an impossibility.

E200/Prado/Civic9th/Civic8th/Rolla/Passo/Beetle65

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Okay guys it's a false rumor that next City won't be launched due to 1.5 Engine only.
    Many of my close friends are in Honda. And i'm talking about high end officials including some of the GM's. That's exactly the reason why i am going to explain this fake rumor with logic here:
    When current Gen of City had to be launched. They did a lot of working for Pakistan and were actually thinking of launching it as a 1.5 i-Vtec as 1.3 was not available. So after all the research and analysis, Atlas finally decided to find a solution for getting a 1.3 instead of 1.5 and the result was, Honda global gave Atlas an option that if Atlas is willing to bear and share the cost of development, they can design and produce a 1.3 specifically. To which Atlas agreed. The massive hike in price was simply due to the same reason as well. Honda Atlas had to recover that investment so there was a price hike and despite that Atlas was selling it at a little less than it's cost. Most of you may remember the price was decreaded in 2010 to promote sales. It took them a few good years to even come close to break even of the investment Atlas put in.
    So exactly the same way next City will probably share a 1.3 i-Vtec once again with minor teeaks like they were given to R18 in 8th Civic and 9th Civic with same engine. The platform will be altered abd we possi

Rather than spending on such stuff they should work on what is available globally and easily

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rather than spending on such stuff they should work on what is available globally and easily
    Unfortunately its our tax structures that force the average Pakistani consumer to think "token zyada ho gaa" and lately "withholding tax bhi zyada ho ga" and which in return forces such companies to keep the demands of consumer in mind for their own interest, profits and sales figures they want to achieve. I assure you more than 60% of City buyers would have bought a Corolla GLi instead which would have been a serious disaster for Atlas.
    These are the exact reasons why 1.5 Neo was discontinued, 1.5 Steermatic was a flop, 1.3 Aspire had to be introduced again after it became 1.5 Aspire only.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^What a stupid country we live in. At least we 'might' enjoy a bit of benefit with cars moving towards turbocharged smaller engines. Lower tokens and other charges. The Civic this time could be a massive success!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unfortunately its our tax structures that force the average Pakistani consumer to think "token zyada ho gaa" and lately "withholding tax bhi zyada ho ga" and which in return forces such companies to keep the demands of consumer in mind for their own interest, profits and sales figures they want to achieve. I assure you more than 60% of City buyers would have bought a Corolla GLi instead which would have been a serious disaster for Atlas.
    These are the exact reasons why 1.5 Neo was discontinued, 1.5 Steermatic was a flop, 1.3 Aspire had to be introduced again after it became 1.5 Aspire only.

Witholding wala tou abhi chakar chala hai token bhi abhi zyada hua. Imo its more to do with people thinking ke 1300cc petrol kum khaye gi without knowing body to power ratio element

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Witholding wala tou abhi chakar chala hai token bhi abhi zyada hua. Imo its more to do with people thinking ke 1300cc petrol kum khaye gi without knowing body to power ratio element
    That is why i said "lately" as the WHT is a cherry on top now. And even though token has now increased but previously as well the ratio and jump between 1300 & 1301 onwards was percentage wise more. And yes ure absolutely spot on right upto a massive extent about people don't knowing the power to weight ratio elements as well. So all these teeny bits add up in the mind of our majority public.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is why i said "lately" as the WHT is a cherry on top now. And even though token has now increased but previously as well the ration and jump between 1300 & 1301 onwards was ratio wise more. And yes ure right upto a major extent people don't know the power to weight ratio elements as well.

People even here buy Mira ES just because they feel 660cc gives a good average, However it gives same average as my civic 8th gen manual

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    ^What a stupid country we live in. At least we 'might' enjoy a bit of benefit with cars moving towards turbocharged smaller engines. Lower tokens and other charges. The Civic this time could be a massive success!
    You never know the selfish idiots deciding these things may think its a good idea to add criteria of horsepower to increase revenue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People even here buy Mira ES just because they feel 660cc gives a good average, However it gives same average as my civic 8th gen manual
    But maintenance of Mira is lower than 8th gen Civic.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You never know the selfish idiots deciding these things may think its a good idea to add criteria of horsepower to increase revenue.

Or you never know Honda Atlas launching Honda Civic in same 1.8L r18 because people might think 1.5 is not powerful or turbo laa ke gaddi da bii waj jawe ga :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But maintenance of Mira is lower than 8th gen Civic.
    Oh really? Civic is a local car, And model that was a hit from 2006 till 2012, Parts are easily available,Even kabli parts are every where, I dont think Mira spare parts will be that easy to find while civic has everything easily available, And imo its a myth that its too tough or heavy to maintain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wonder if limiting power output of global City 1.5l engine to 1.3l equivalent via ECU programming could have impact on duties and taxes?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post

Also are you aware Paksuzuki has influence to the extent that it has modified the upcoming auto industry development policy to cancel mandatory model replacements, mandatory safety features.

Furthermore, the worst thing is they are against the government giving any sort of incentives to new entrants like volkswagon or chevrolet to enter Pakistan. they do not want any competition as it would be against their domination and in favor of consumers.
    Tou yeh faw company ayee tou hai lets c what it does

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by carlover11 View Post
    Tou yeh faw company ayee tou hai lets c what it does
    Faw? Seriously??? It can't ever come close to Big 3.
    We don't need stuff like faw. We rather need things like Mitsubishi, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, Ford & Nissan etc at least that can actually compete with the big 3. And if people think Kia, Hyundai & Mitsubishi came they were flop and stupid cars, well they were not. It was our local group of company that ruined them.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List