3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch

Honda Atlas cars Pakistan limited is planning to launch new Honda City 2014.The variants will be same as before 1.3 City and 1.5 City aspire. The car will be launched with same specifications as of Honda Thailand except the push start and e-con. The car will be Launched any time after the end of June.

Attached Images Attached Images      

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1597145

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1597146

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1597147

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1597148

Out of nowhere this happened today, no dent no scratch no even a single dot. Car has not moved since yesterday, and today when the rain started removed the car cover and notice this happened.

Has anybody else faced similar issue, the car is city prosmatec 1.3
    (Facelift) Bought in Nov back in 2014.

Now cannot open the passenger door properly as it clinges with the fender what to do ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adlshahid View Post

Out of nowhere this happened today, no dent no scratch no even a single dot. Car has not moved since yesterday, and today when the rain started removed the car cover and notice this happened.

Now cannot open the passenger door properly as it clinges with the fender what to do ?
    Take to 3S dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adlshahid View Post

Check the screws of the fender at the bottom. It might have fallen off.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why is honda city 1.5 not listed on honda pakistan site under price and specifications. was it never there or did they remove it ??? plus i was thinking of buying the toyota altis 1.6 but as i will arrive in pakistan in a week and would need a car to go around the toyota people said that the car would take at least 4 months for delivery whereas the honda people said that i can get it in around a month. so should i just go for city 1.3 (still afraid that the new shape is about to launch and i am going to end up buying the old shape just before the launch)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uzair.muftee View Post
    why is honda city 1.5 not listed on honda pakistan site under price and specifications. was it never there or did they remove it ??? plus i was thinking of buying the toyota altis 1.6 but as i will arrive in pakistan in a week and would need a car to go around the toyota people said that the car would take at least 4 months for delivery whereas the honda people said that i can get it in around a month. so should i just go for city 1.3 (still afraid that the new shape is about to launch and i am going to end up buying the old shape just before the launch)
    It's there under Aspire section.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uzair.muftee View Post
    Buy what is available. If you are more concern about new shape, buy corolla by paying premium.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    First of all need to make some corrections and give some further information:-

1. The current PKDM shape Honda City was offered in two countries in 1.3 only - Pakistan and Philippines (in Philippines 1.3 was offered only in base variant, most variants were 1.5)
    2. Secondly City/Grace and Honda Jazz/Fit have almost similar platforms and 1.3 is already available for new gen Jazz/Fit/City platform.
    3. Honda can easily fit 1.3 engine in it. It is not a big deal auto companies often alter specs to suit individual markets.

Hence, 1.5 engine is not the reason it is being not launched here. Please have a look at PAMA sales current PKDM gen CITY's highest sales so far have been recorded this year since its launch. Sales figures are climbing for the city, they are making good profit .. Honda Atlas's profits have also increased this year. ( u can verify this from their financial figures)
    There is no new 1.3 petrol engine either for FIT or CITY. The 1.3 you probably are referring to is a diesel. There is a 1.2 petrol engine though but it is less powerful (66KW) than the current model 1.3 in Pakistan (73KW)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would rather have Honda Atlas launch the new fit with 1.2 ltr engine and one with 1.5 hybrid engine. They are already preparing to introduce the 1.5 ltr turbo in new Civic. Just ditch the City altogether. It no longer makes sense.

FIT would be cheaper and hybrid version could become a bestseller with fuel consumption of 25-30 Km/ltr. I am sure they can bring the hybrid version of FIT for the price of current base model city.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    There is no new 1.3 petrol engine either for FIT or CITY. The 1.3 you probably are referring to is a diesel. There is a 1.2 petrol engine though but it is less powerful (66KW) than the current model 1.3 in Pakistan (73KW)
    Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1598819
    Please see above (?t?B?b?g | Honda) ... 1.3 I-VTEC is still being deployed all over the world in multiple regions. The new 1.5/1.3 IVTEC in newer gen city/fit is very similar to the older 1.3/1.5 IVTEC used in pkdm city/old fit-city (in other regions). Many cars by Honda use same or similar engines (with common parts and designs) to minimize cost and achieve economies of scale. It is not difficult to fit a 1.3 engine in current gen city. previously 1.3 was only made available for Pakistan and Philippines

There is a lot of speculation on Pakwheels which is not related to reality on ground and simply the opinion of people.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City 2014 Pakistan launch -1598819
    Please see above (?t?B?b?g | Honda) ... 1.3 I-VTEC is still being deployed all over the world in multiple regions. The new 1.5/1.3 IVTEC in newer gen city/fit is very similar to the older 1.3/1.5 IVTEC used in pkdm city/old fit-city (in other regions). Many cars by Honda use same or similar engines (with common parts and designs) to minimize cost and achieve economies of scale. It is not difficult to fit a 1.3 engine in current gen city. previously 1.3 was only made available for Pakistan and Philippines

There is a lot of speculation on Pakwheels which is not related to reality on ground and simply the opinion of people.
    Its the same engine we have in current model city. It cant be fitted in the new city or we would had the new model on the roads by now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    Its the same engine we have in current model city. It cant be fitted in the new city or we would had the new model on the roads by now.
    This reason is incorrect, CITY and FIT use the same platform. The real reason for new model at this stage is known only to the Atlas Honda management and even dealers are not revealed such information at early stages. The current gen PKDM city got its highest sale recorded in 2015 since launch. with Jan 2015 over 2000 units were sold in Pakistan (check PAMA - Pakistan Automotive Manufacturers Association). Various sources on Pakwheels which give reliable info have however reported that due to rising sales of City and lower sales of Civic dealers in their meeting with Honda Atlas management had recommended continuation of the current model.

If you read my previous post correctly both 1.3 and 1.5 IVTEC (current gen fit/city) are similar to last gen but with modifications made for better fuel economy. Fitting a 1.3 IVTEC into new city is not exactly rocket science. I would request you kindly not to discuss this matter further with rumor based information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The new city (sixth gen) has a L15Z1 petrol engine in petrol variants as an option, and our city has L15A7. Though the changes are minor, they still are there. If you believe Honda motor Co. it adds about 1KM of efficiency per liter of fuel consumption IIRC and uses more plastic bits (read: cheaper to make and easier to break)

The L15Z1 was introduced in 2013, while the L15A7 was introduced about 8 years before that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This reason is incorrect, CITY and FIT use the same platform. The real reason for new model at this stage is known only to the Atlas Honda management and even dealers are not revealed such information at early stages. The current gen PKDM city got its highest sale recorded in 2015 since launch. with Jan 2015 over 2000 units were sold in Pakistan (check PAMA - Pakistan Automotive Manufacturers Association). Various sources on Pakwheels which give reliable info have however reported that due to rising sales of City and lower sales of Civic dealers in their meeting with Honda Atlas management had recommended continuation of the current model.

If you read my previous post correctly both 1.3 and 1.5 IVTEC (current gen fit/city) are similar to last gen but with modifications made for better fuel economy. Fitting a 1.3 IVTEC into new city is not exactly rocket science. I would request you kindly not to discuss this matter further with rumor based information.
    Bhai jaan jo CKDs Atlas nay procure ker lee hayn who bik jayn gee to new model tub launch hoga
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New City is expected at the end of 2016. Sources : Honda DriveIn and Honda Quaideen.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
    The new city (sixth gen) has a L15Z1 petrol engine in petrol variants as an option, and our city has L15A7. Though the changes are minor, they still are there. If you believe Honda motor Co. it adds about 1KM of efficiency per liter of fuel consumption IIRC and uses more plastic bits (read: cheaper to make and easier to break)

The L15Z1 was introduced in 2013, while the L15A7 was introduced about 8 years before that.
    Thanks for the details, that's what I have been saying. Both are similar designs but the newer version is more fuel efficient and improves on the L15A7.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Bhai jaan jo CKDs Atlas nay procure ker lee hayn who bik jayn gee to new model tub launch hoga
    I don't know if this is applicable still now. But until some time back if you looked at newer CITY units in showrooms they have products with recent date of manufacturing dates (i.e seat-belts and there are few things inside the hood with manufacturing dates on them) which possibly shows the components are still being imported from Thailand ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda announced for upcoming Civic (new mdel)

mean for now,Honda's main focus on Civic launch in 2016.

so other side,this action made City's new shape more delay now.not it?

wt u think guys?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List