Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City( New) Battery Issues

AoA to everyone.
    Happy to be amongst you people and this forum its my first thread.
    My honda city 1.3 which I brought In December note that Its brand new ,Is showing some peculiar battery draining problems .I had to manually power the Battery two times with another battery to get it to start once that happened I was taking almost a day or two to start it so that the battery doesn't go dead so now due to the fact I couldn't start it for 3 days the batteries gone dead again.I called the tracker people they said they would check but didn't .My question is that One> The roots of this problem as a brand new car with no key less entry (Alarm system) and other modifications like sound system (Only tracker). My main question is that Is it okay for the tracker to have such an impact on the car? as my car had been used by a driver whom I didn't trust much but my father did so is it possible that he might have tampered on something? The only reason I didn't concerned much when this happened once and the second times because when that happened the car was out without starting for a week (almost) so this time it happened it was Just 3 days.
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

make sure the driver did not sell the new battery in exchange to a crap used one
    see how much is consumption when everything switched off through meter

get the tracker wiring checked.wiring might be short somewhere
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    make sure the driver did not sell the new battery in exchange to a crap used one

You mean the voltmeters and stuff?
    Tracker wiring should be the issue I think thanks bro .Should I go to the honda center or get it checked by the tracker people?
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post

Man the driver doing it is most unlikely but I checked the battery from the mechanic he said it was fine .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes through voltmeter

tracker people would be quick/specific as they know which wires they cut and where they placed the device
    electricians would keep guessing
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need replies plz any other person who would like to say anything?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Call the tracker company. I had a similar problem in my gli 2012. And they changed the whole device and rechecked wiring. All is okay till now.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hondakapankhaa View Post
    I need replies plz any other person who would like to say anything?
    I had to change my 1.5 aspire's battery after exactly one year of purchase.. went dead all of a sudden. Was fine at night, wouldn't start in the morning. I doubt it's your tracker or whatever, my car's stock, no tracker or anything. Battery was never run empty. I have a feeling Honda is somehow giving subpar batteries in the city. A battery is supposed to last at least 2-3 years if taken care of properly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hondakapankhaa... It happened two times with my Honda City Aspire 2012 in last 2 years....when suddenly car won't start in the morning. Both times, it did start after 2 hours or so. Still don't know why it did what it did....and I've not changed its battery till now.

However, I wonder why would you let anyone mess up with your brand new car's original wiring? Mine is as stock as it was from the day one. Only thing I added were the floor mats. No one has been allowed to mess up with its plastics leave alone the wiring. You may already have voided the warranty of your car as tempering of wiring makes warranty void, including the tracker et el.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by invincible_doc View Post
    Call the tracker company. I had a similar problem in my gli 2012. And they changed the whole device and rechecked wiring. All is okay till now.

Which tracker co you used bro.Falcon-I one I using, I had about 3 complaints and every time they said we are gonna come to check it and they don't but then now I decide to take it to their Office In Islamabad instead

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by delta View Post
    I had to change my 1.5 aspire's battery after exactly one year of purchase.. went dead all of a sudden. Was fine at night, wouldn't start in the morning. I doubt it's your tracker or whatever, my car's stock, no tracker or anything. Battery was never run empty. I have a feeling Honda is somehow giving subpar batteries in the city. A battery is supposed to last at least 2-3 years if taken care of properly.
    I heard honda is using old batteries in new cars yes ,It might be true .I used a 2010 city which had the fuel meter problem when the car goes to reserve and then you refuel it ,It shows the tank is full :@ Even when you have only got for it 10 liters of Petrol ,I thought that the defect would've been corrected in new models .But sadly the 2013 one has the same problem and now you don't really know what to do when your tank shows its full all the time when it Isn't. It comes down but it stays on the full side so you can at least know a little bit :@
    anyone experience this ?
    besides honda's Manuel engine hatch for which closing it feels if you close a nuclear silo missile door the other thing which suck is the meter problem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    @hondakapankhaa... It happened two times with my Honda City Aspire 2012 in last 2 years....when suddenly car won't start in the morning. Both times, it did start after 2 hours or so. Still don't know why it did what it did....and I've not changed its battery till now.

However, I wonder why would you let anyone mess up with your brand new car's original wiring? Mine is as stock as it was from the day one. Only thing I added were the floor mats. No one has been allowed to mess up with its plastics leave alone the wiring. You may already have voided the warranty of your car as tempering of wiring makes warranty void, including the tracker et el.
    bro me say ur car cursed because i never hear a car battery going down and then getting back up itself .There's a additional battery might've been out in ur case i think .I took out my city a few weeks back and after Jump starting it we covered about 4 Km I accidentally switched off the car so we had to Jump start it again .which tells me its a weak battery problem ?.... Changing battery work for u bro?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard honda is using old batteries in new cars yes ,It might be true .I used a 2010 city which had the fuel meter problem when the car goes to reserve and then you refuel it ,It shows the tank is full :@ Even when you have only got for it 10 liters of Petrol ,I thought that the defect would've been corrected in new models .But sadly the 2013 one has the same problem and now you don't really know what to do when your tank shows its full all the time when it Isn't. It comes down but it stays on the full side so you can at least know a little bit :@
    anyone experience this ?
    besides honda's Manuel engine hatch for which closing it feels if you close a nuclear silo missile door the other thing which suck is the meter problem
    our 2012 city shows no such issue with the fuel gauge, get your car checked
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro me say ur car cursed because i never hear a car battery going down and then getting back up itself .There's a additional battery might've been out in ur case i think .I took out my city a few weeks back and after Jump starting it we covered about 4 Km I accidentally switched off the car so we had to Jump start it again .which tells me its a weak battery problem ?.... Changing battery work for u bro?
    I am still using the first battery the car came with from the Honda guys. Never changed it but did experience that 2 times it failed to start in the morning ....and after 2 hours or so when I tried again, it started as if nothing happened, a few months back. Never had that problem again and still don't know the reason. But in my case, the car's battery seem new.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    our 2012 city shows no such issue with the fuel gauge, get your car checked
    As I said I drove two cars and found out the problem in both ..But That doesn't seem a problem Honda can't solve

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    I am still using the first battery the car came with from the Honda guys. Never changed it but did experience that 2 times it failed to start in the morning ....and after 2 hours or so when I tried again, it started as if nothing happened, a few months back. Never had that problem again and still don't know the reason. But in my case, the car's battery seem new.
    What I mean by Used battery was re-Engineered made again resurrected ones that were dead ...My battery is also shiny new Sir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trakker is designed to drain battwry after 72 hours.

My uncles altis was parked at my house becuase he went for hajj. After five days, I came to the car to find out that the battery is completely dead.
    Replaced it with my generators battery and it started flawlessly. The altis battery was still kn generator duty. After exactly 7 days I realized the genny's battery is dead too.
    But my dad's gli's battery stayed flawless and it did not have Trakker.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What I mean by Used battery was re-Engineered made again resurrected ones that were dead ...My battery is also shiny new Sir
    oh Sir Ji...I also said the car didnt start at all that too in the morning.....I thought it was battery.... but could be something else entirely who knows....as even Honda guys couldn't diagnose anything. Just shared my experiece and I still beleieve it was battery ...may be due to winter season or somehting.... oh and yesssss......it was new n shiny n glossy when I got the car from honda guys.....not anymore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which tracker co you used bro.Falcon-I one I using, I had about 3 complaints and every time they said we are gonna come to check it and they don't but then now I decide to take it to their Office In Islamabad instead
    Mine is TPL. And i had the most pathetic experience when this drain issue happened. No response from them and kept asking me to bring car.
    Then i contacted CEO myself and problem was investigated and the unit was replaced instantly with no battery drain.
    Ideally it should not drain the main battery. But the unit was faulty. Since they install refurb units. So get it checked once.
    Although i know someone having 2010 city and just got 3rd battery few days back. So am not sure what is wrong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omarabdullah022 View Post
    Trakker is designed to drain battwry after 72 hours.

My uncles altis was parked at my house becuase he went for hajj. After five days, I came to the car to find out that the battery is completely dead.
    Replaced it with my generators battery and it started flawlessly. The altis battery was still kn generator duty. After exactly 7 days I realized the genny's battery is dead too.
    But my dad's gli's battery stayed flawless and it did not have Trakker.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

Not first time i hearing tracker draining car batteries ,but bro i guess alien no talk to us thats why ,we suck making tracker and batteries for car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List