2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default city 2009 AT knocking sound

My vehicle (automatic transmission) is giving knocking sound on initial acceleration at low gears
    What to do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    really? I am saying cuz I took my auto to honda centre in RWP and they said it was done for manuals only. How did the upgradation effect your car? please share. and the cost?
    There is no cost. Its done free when cars used to be in warrenty. Now they present excuses not to do.

And for effects, you may browse the following post.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-a#post2716657
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    The question is how often will it require you to fill high octane. Its not available everywhere.

Did you goto Honda 3S??
    yes i did....i went to honda point....they said pakistani fuels have low octane value so the timing doesn't correspond with what is given by the ECU and it is common in this model....resulting in knocking....what i suggest is just fill 10 liters of high octane after every 5 or 6 tank top fills of patrol.... moreover free ECU upgrade is not available anymore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamadbashir View Post
    yes i did....i went to honda point....they said pakistani fuels have low octane value so the timing doesn't correspond with what is given by the ECU and it is common in this model....resulting in knocking....what i suggest is just fill 10 liters of high octane after every 5 or 6 tank top fills of patrol.... moreover free ECU upgrade is not available anymore
    I am sorry to say but Honda have presented a cover up story.

They are saving their time by sending people into more costly solutions

I am writing this below procedure so that you or anyone else e.g. @Retaliator may know how to deal with this

Call Honda Customer Service:
    Business hours: 9-00 am - 6-00 pm
    By Phone: +92-(0)300 8402 509

Narrate them your issue and state how unhappy you are with the problem. And also tell them how users who had upgrades are happy with the results. The Customer Relations officer is a friendly person.

They will ask you your whereabouts and also arrange a followup call from technical team if they themselves cant understand the matter. They even have authority to delegate field engineers to help you out. The engineer will schedule a meet with you as per his visit schedule (i.e. which dealership he'ld be visitng the following days). He's gonna do a test drive. Regardless of what he diagnoses, ask him to upgrade. He gives the green signal for upgrade. The dealerships without his consent dont do that. He supervises the activity.

Please follow the steps, and gather some tactics to get your work done tackling the excuses. I find the HIGH OCTANE solution to be unrealistic for a PKDM assembled and aftermarket supported car.

EDIT: IF YOU GO TO DEALERSHIPS AGAIN & AGAIN, THEY WONT ENTERTAIN YOU UNLESS YOU CALL BIG PAPA TO HELP YOU OUT.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List