Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda city manual transmission - hard gearshift

Dear all

I got a Honda city 1.3 manual transmission in march. I have driven 5000km. Since beginning the gear shifting is hard, specifically the shifting back and forth between 1st and 2nd gear and down from 3rd to 2nd gear is hard. It feels like I have to push against some obstacle to shift gears. I complained to Honda dealer Honda south in Karachi after 1000km. The first two times I sent car, they just did road test and said there is no problem. The third time, I took the car they kept the car for 3 hours. They said that they bled the clutch and it should now be ok.
    I still feel that shifting in 1st and 2nd gear is hard. I have driven local assembled manual Suzuki and Toyota cars and feel that Honda city gearshifting feels abnormal.
    I would like to know the experience of other Honda city users.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I drove it maybe 2011 or 12 experience was good no hard shifting . Must be a problem with ur unit.

Sent from my SC020 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghaxanfer View Post
    Dear all

I got a Honda city 1.3 manual transmission in march. I have driven 5000km. Since beginning the gear shifting is hard, specifically the shifting back and forth between 1st and 2nd gear and down from 3rd to 2nd gear is hard. It feels like I have to push against some obstacle to shift gears. I complained to Honda dealer Honda south in Karachi after 1000km. The first two times I sent car, they just did road test and said there is no problem. The third time, I took the car they kept the car for 3 hours. They said that they bled the clutch and it should now be ok.
    I still feel that shifting in 1st and 2nd gear is hard. I have driven local assembled manual Suzuki and Toyota cars and feel that Honda city gearshifting feels abnormal.
    It didnt feel abnormal.

Sent from my SC020 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1st gear springs out

an addition in my observations, sometimes when in first gear, when I shift to second, the gearshift springs out of place. I noted that first gear is very hard and difficult to shift to and from. I also note that the car is knocking in first gear and very poor pickup in first gear.
    I would appreciate any comments from Honda city users or experts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tell them to adjust the selector correctly - if they fail to repair this write to AH motorcars and tell them that they need to repair their faulty unit.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghaxanfer View Post
    Dear all

i also bought city 2014 yes its gear shifting is different from other cars its not very smooth .... im just rying to get used to it ..i think there is no use of taking it to honda ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Xulfiqar

thanks for your reply. Though its been a while but hope you can respond again. I try to explain the problem to Honda South but they dont seem to want to understand it. Each time they go for a test drive and say there is no problem in car. I even mentioned and asked them to check the selector but they are not willing to even take the car into workshop for checking it. Just do test drive and say we will contact Honda and ask for their second opinion. Now I have had this car for nearly a year and drove 16000km. Car has very poor pickup on slopes. Cant drive it up a slope without it turning off once. from 1st to 2nd gear, sometimes it shifts with a jerk like a jumping out feeling.
    I dont know if this is just a driver comfort problem or a problem that can turn into breakdown or major problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A category of stocks containing firms that provide financial services to commercial and retail customers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I.have a 2009 model. I also experienced the same problem. The Honda guys outrightly rejected anything wrong with my vehicle. I then went for a manual transmission oil change and voila! The hard gear grinding problem was gone. I had the oil changed when the car had accumulated roughly 10,000 kms. Since then, no problems!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List