Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City IDSI 2005 Messup

Dear all experts, please get me out of the following situation:
    I have city 2005 idsi. purchased it by trusting somebody and without showing it to someone. I recently learnt that its engine has been changed with imported engine(Kaabli) and its ECU is of an automatic car while the car itself is manual transmission.
    Problem I am facing is that it is consuming too much petrol (5KM/L and 12 KM/Kg of CNG), since I have recently purchased therefore thought that it requires tuning but nobody is ready to tune it. It emits white smoke from silencer after initial startup and plugs have oil on the tips. One mechanic told me that you should get its head faced. One electrician asked me to replace the assembly, ECU and wiring set.
    Since car is missing therefore throttle body needs replacement as recommended by one mechanic.
    Guys do not know what to do. Members from Rawalpindi/Islamabad are requested to guide for the proper mechanic so that I can identify the problem and move to the solution. or the guys who have changed their assembly or ECU are requested to guide me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no good news that I can give you. White smoke and oil on tips means that your head gasket is dead. On top of it you have manual car with auto ECU.......man it hurts because I had same situation. This thread is going to be looooooong I if you have stamina and dedication

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    There is no good news that I can give you. White smoke and oil on tips means that your head gasket is dead. On top of it you have manual car with auto ECU.......man it hurts because I had same situation. This thread is going to be looooooong I if you have stamina and dedication

Well I have to show patience because I want to get the problem fixed. As you mentioned that you was having the same problem of Auto ECU and manual transmission then what did you do?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution is simple but costly....get manual ecu, get wiring checked and get you engine's rings, head gasket and valve seals checked....and repaired..... and lastly to make your car fulfil legal requirements get your engine registered to your car's chasis.....if not already done.....cost could touch upto 100k...

Sent from my LG-LU6200 using PW Forums mobile app
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Solution is simple but costly....get manual ecu, get wiring checked and get you engine's rings, head gasket and valve seals checked....and repaired..... and lastly to make your car fulfil legal requirements get your engine registered to your car's chasis.....if not already done.....cost could touch upto 100k...

Sent from my LG-LU6200 using PW Forums mobile app
    100k?

Fresh kabuli engine is for 40000rs maximum. And engine over papers will cost you not more than 5K.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kamranzafar781 View Post
    I have city 2005 idsi. purchased it by trusting somebody and without showing it to someone. I recently learnt that its engine has been changed with imported engine(Kaabli) and its ECU is of an automatic car while the car itself is manual transmission.
    Problem I am facing is that it is consuming too much petrol (5KM/L and 12 KM/Kg of CNG), since I have recently purchased therefore thought that it requires tuning but nobody is ready to tune it. It emits white smoke from silencer after initial startup and plugs have oil on the tips. One mechanic told me that you should get its head faced. One electrician asked me to replace the assembly, ECU and wiring set.
    Since car is missing therefore throttle body needs replacement as recommended by one mechanic.
    Guys do not know what to do. Members from Rawalpindi/Islamabad are requested to guide for the proper mechanic so that I can identify the problem and move to the solution. or the guys who have changed their assembly or ECU are requested to guide me.
    These issues can be solved but first tell me is the engine transferred on the book. If yes then didnt u checked the book for engine change or matched the engine #, chassis # with the car?
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    100k?

Fresh kabuli engine is for 40000rs maximum. And engine over papers will cost you not more than 5K.
    I am not sure but i really doubt that one can get good L12 for 40K with an ECU these days
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @afnan.bashir, @babarhyd, @muradi, @NiGhTShAdE for your responce and suggestions. Well the most optimal solution is to purchase kaabli assembly and ECU with wiring set, but big question arises that how to check the compatibility of ECU and engine because these two goes hand in hand for the optimal performance of the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take your trusted mechanic and electrician with you. Most of the times the mechanics knows the part code of almost all the spares, and they know how they look like and what are their designs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the first step should be come face to face with the person who sold you the car!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i went to buy a car owned by friend's friend. when they showed me chasis no on books, i insisted on showing me engine no. and everyone laughed like a fool. they said nobody checks engine no. but i still insisted and checked and verified Engine no. i am sorry u learnt it hard way.
    for now get current engine checked. and then you can decide what is feasible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

white smoke usually means ur engine's is life is over..

i will try to find another engine with manual ecu and try to do a swap.. it will cost u money but thats the best solution i believe..
    "I have never won a debate with an ignorant person" Hazrat Ali (RA)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @afnan.bashir, @babarhyd, @muradi, @NiGhTShAdE for your responce and suggestions. Well the most optimal solution is to purchase kaabli assembly and ECU with wiring set, but big question arises that how to check the compatibility of ECU and engine because these two goes hand in hand for the optimal performance of the car.
    First make sure that swapped engine is L12A1 and not L12A.... for ECU you have to get it changed there is no other solution...to make sure you are buying correct ECU i would recommend you to have a look at L12A1's manual ECU of any other car and note down all that is written on it and then compare it to the one that you will buy.... and for engine just show it to a good mechanic first ....maybe just changing rings, head gasket and Valve seals will solve the problem....this would reduce your expenditure....Dont go staright for buying kabli engine unless there is no other solution....there would be no gurantee that new kabli engine would be Ok ...you may again end rebuilding it.....and lastly pay some agent to get engine registered to you car when all is rectified...you may need to pay some extra bucks as you would not be having Engine reciept i assume....
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

firstly check which engine has been installed in your car
    secondly its a very difficult task to find the correct ECU as mots of the engines imported are along with A/T ECU
    thirdly if the engine change isnt mentioned on the registration book get the engine changed with a proper setup and you'll be good to go
    Honda City parts arent that expensive so dont spend more than 30-40k on a complete engine with everything intact
    i know of a person in KHI who imports engines and parts (I usually buy stuff from him) i'll inquire the price of a complete engine for you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get your engine no and Google for ECU number when getting new engine
    Make sure they match. Don't trust shopkeepers on this.

93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if engine no# not mention on book you ll have a opportunity get clam car price n expenses. jan chura lo to behter hai warna lakh rupy laga k b is k masly hal nai hon gy, engine change transmission change ecu chang, ye sari chezen already is ki lakh rupya market gira chuki hen. apny 7 sal k experience par mashwara day raha hu, agy apki marzi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Never ever trust anybody...beware of such wolfs you may encounter again.....batter to accompany someone well experienced.

''Creativity is contagious, pass it on''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its v hard to find manual transmission wth manual ecu in kabli engines. all of them are wth auto transmission.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

idsi engine is not costly ....i remember once mechanic told me its of rs 17000 to have kaabli assembly .. much more u will get it around rs 20k to 22k (rough idea)....

secnd thing ...idsi engine assembly is less costly that people often install new assembly rather than to repair ring pistons and other thingss....

i saw local vendor yesterday that selling electric generator which run on idsi engine ...sensors were attached there to work for the engine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Take your trusted mechanic and electrician with you. Most of the times the mechanics knows the part code of almost all the spares, and they know how they look like and what are their designs.
    You are right but now I am aftraid to trust anyone to get rippped again. I will only trust the mechanic who has done such type of swaps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List