Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By speedster_101
  • 1 Post By jehanzeb109

Thread: City 2013 performance issue

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default City 2013 performance issue

    I got a 2013 Honda city with 40,000+ kms on its dial, recently I am facing an issue when i reach 5th rpm in third gear car starts jerking & couldnt gain more speed as fast as it goes earlier... P.s no issue in first two gears car hits them with its max, but 3rd and onwards.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What could be the issue and best possible solution? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Anyone got any idea? Reply please


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Change spark plugs and check the fuel pump.
    Sent from my HTC 8X Windows Phone using Tapatalk
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default City 2013 performance issue

    I asked a technician at honda fort, He said spark plugs life is 100,000 kms...Is that true?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    Change spark plugs and check the fuel pump.
    Sent from my HTC 8X Windows Phone using Tapatalk
    As i heard they r good for only 25k to 30k kms?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    san91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    319
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killermirza View Post
    I asked a technician at honda fort, He said spark plugs life is 100,000 kms...Is that true?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    no bro, they are good for only 20,000 kms. And they also cost alot, 1100 per piece i think.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhawaleed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,812
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I don’t understand, that you are complaining and have not done most fundamentals of the maintenance work. (Spark Plugs Cleaning). It should be cleaned after every 4-7k and replaced after 20k and no car I know is above this rule.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Honda City i-VTEC comes equipped with iridium plugs and as per the owner's manual, they should be replaced at 1 lac Kms.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    engineer_shazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killermirza View Post
    I got a 2013 Honda city with 40,000+ kms on its dial, recently I am facing an issue when i reach 5th rpm in third gear car starts jerking & couldnt gain more speed as fast as it goes earlier... P.s no issue in first two gears car hits them with its max, but 3rd and onwards.
    problem must b your fuel pump or your coils,

    check it or replace it......problem will be guaranteed gone............

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Honda City i-VTEC comes equipped with iridium plugs and as per the owner's manual, they should be replaced at 1 lac Kms.
    can you please send me complete manual plz....either pdf or scaned... thankx in advance

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engineer_shazz View Post
    problem must b your fuel pump or your coils,

    check it or replace it......problem will be guaranteed gone............
    I think i should start with changing my fuel filter, Nd its the 2nd most expensive thing in city :-/


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    engineer_shazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killermirza View Post
    I think i should start with changing my fuel filter, Nd its the 2nd most expensive thing in city :-/


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    y r u going for new 1? go to plaza , magziline is full of these things , u can find coils, pump and filter with brand new condition......

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    jehanzeb109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I own city IVTEC 2009. Its 72000km on odo original. I have cleaned fuel filter at 60000km. Before going for new filter get it clean. Secondly spark plugs and tappets adjustment is also essential.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    moizmalik12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    same happening with my 2010 civic. 60K driven . replaced the NGK plugs with NGK plugs again .. still it is not going plus m facing the pickup issue too . so i just got a STP fuel injector cleaner and fueled it 2 times (JET PETROL). i hope it ll work .. now i have also mixed 1.5K hi octane with supreme
    ---- MoiZ MaliK <3 ----

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhangul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Age
    23
    Posts
    751
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moizmalik12 View Post
    same happening with my 2010 civic. 60K driven . replaced the NGK plugs with NGK plugs again .. still it is not going plus m facing the pickup issue too . so i just got a STP fuel injector cleaner and fueled it 2 times (JET PETROL). i hope it ll work .. now i have also mixed 1.5K hi octane with supreme
    CNG installed or not ?
    Have you checked the condition of your fuel filter ?
    Also get the condition of your catalytic converter checked.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jehanzeb109 View Post
    I own city IVTEC 2009. Its 72000km on odo original. I have cleaned fuel filter at 60000km. Before going for new filter get it clean. Secondly spark plugs and tappets adjustment is also essential.
    How can i check its condition and clean myself?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    killermirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It*


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •