Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Honda City IDSI 2005 Horrible Consumption, DIRE NEED OF HELP>>>

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City IDSI 2005 Horrible Consumption, DIRE NEED OF HELP>>>

    Hi Fellow Pakwheeler's,


    I recently bought a 2005 City IDSI(M/T). At first I was astounded by the fuel economy of this car, I did 440 Kilometers From Peshawar to Faisalabad with more than half a tank of fuel left(I did fill the tank up to the brim though) I was driving at 110k/hr average all the way without A/C.

    Now the issue i am having is that my car's fuel economy got worse and worse over time. Last time i made the same trip of 440 Kilometers I just had less than quater of a tank full without the A/C. I have checked my average in the city and it is simply horrible!!, around 8K/L(Mind you this is with the AC on)

    After a lot of searching here on Pakwheels I took it to a mechanic and had the following done.

    1-Throttle body cleaned.
    2-Tappet adjustment.
    3-Spark plugs checked.
    4-Checked ECU, Twice!.
    5-New Air Filter(several times).
    6-Oil Change(several times).
    7-Oil filter (several times).

    I am seriously considering the option of at least adding a CNG kit now but i know it will be a nightmare, or at most sell out the car.

    Kindly help me out, i'd really appreciate it.

    Regard's,

    Dr.Shahab

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    msabbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,483
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Would suggest to take the car to a Honda dealer in your area and let them have a look at it. It might need to be connected to the Honda diagnostic tool to see if any of the sensors are malfunctioning. If a sensor is not sending the right information to the Engine Control Unit (ECU), it may not be adjusting the engine parameters optimally. Also start the car and check outside the car to see there is any fuel smell to indicate a fuel leak.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    Would suggest to take the car to a Honda dealer in your area and let them have a look at it. It might need to be connected to the Honda diagnostic tool to see if any of the sensors are malfunctioning. If a sensor is not sending the right information to the Engine Control Unit (ECU), it may not be adjusting the engine parameters optimally. Also start the car and check outside the car to see there is any fuel smell to indicate a fuel leak.
    I played around with the car at first like reaching the RPM limiter 1st and 2nd gear more than a couple of times, maybe that created the issue?

    Nope no smell as such, I've heard those Honda dealership's are a rip off. But i guess i don't have a choice now do i?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    msabbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,483
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabmr View Post
    I played around with the car at first like reaching the RPM limiter 1st and 2nd gear more than a couple of times, maybe that created the issue?

    Nope no smell as such, I've heard those Honda dealership's are a rip off. But i guess i don't have a choice now do i?
    You are right about not having a choice about going to the 3S place. Think of it this way, if you went from one mechanic to another daily spending both time and money vs. going just to one place and spent the money you would have going to various mechanics, 3S is cheaper in my book.

    If the engine is health to begin with, revving the car to the max should not have such an effect on it.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    You are right about not having a choice about going to the 3S place. Think of it this way, if you went from one mechanic to another daily spending both time and money vs. going just to one place and spent the money you would have going to various mechanics, 3S is cheaper in my book.

    If the engine is health to begin with, revving the car to the max should not have such an effect on it.
    Yeah man i guess it makes sense. You are right i guess i will pay them a visit too, Thanks for the help Mate.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    You are right about not having a choice about going to the 3S place. Think of it this way, if you went from one mechanic to another daily spending both time and money vs. going just to one place and spent the money you would have going to various mechanics, 3S is cheaper in my book.

    If the engine is health to begin with, revving the car to the max should not have such an effect on it.
    Yeah man i guess it makes sense. You are right i guess i will pay them a visit too, Thanks for the help Mate.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    msabbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,483
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabmr View Post
    Yeah man i guess it makes sense. You are right i guess i will pay them a visit too, Thanks for the help Mate.
    Welcom. Do post your findings here. It will help other City owners.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    The reason abbasi sb implies on going to 3S is not just qualification, its also due to knowledge base. About a month ago I was contacted via this website by a user in islamabad who has some version of a mercedes with the little v6, I think it was the 2.4 litre one.

    anyways long story short - the reason was to procure intake manifold gaskets - I thought about it really hard because the intake gaskets are available easily - then came the real story.

    The owner's mechanic did the "desi tune up" - he removed the throttle body and washed it (somewhat acceptable) and sealed it up with bathroom sealant RTV (bad) - then he further disassembled the whole intake manifold and washed it with petrol and yanked out a little pipe that is part of the vacuum chamber inside the manifold. This guy was looking for the gasket that goes between the two halves of the intake manifold.

    Sadly - they dont exist as service parts, the gasket becomes a plastic like material when cured after assembly for the first time and remains sealed up its entire life. The manifold is cast magnesium and has an array of flaps and runners that make the elastic torque of the engine.

    Point is that.

    No matter how much stupid the mechanics at the MB dealer (shnwz ltd) are - they would have never disassembled the manifold - because they have the knowledge base to refer to. So no matter if its 3S or independant mechanic - the person should atleast study the machine data first.



    end was that he had to buy a working condition used manifold (his car was OK to begin with - he just thought it would be a good idea to have a general toon up)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,957
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so for efi cars, if it aint broken, don't fix it
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    so for efi cars, if it aint broken, don't fix it

    study the machine data first then apply the knowledge.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The reason abbasi sb implies on going to 3S is not just qualification, its also due to knowledge base. About a month ago I was contacted via this website by a user in islamabad who has some version of a mercedes with the little v6, I think it was the 2.4 litre one.

    anyways long story short - the reason was to procure intake manifold gaskets - I thought about it really hard because the intake gaskets are available easily - then came the real story.

    The owner's mechanic did the "desi tune up" - he removed the throttle body and washed it (somewhat acceptable) and sealed it up with bathroom sealant RTV (bad) - then he further disassembled the whole intake manifold and washed it with petrol and yanked out a little pipe that is part of the vacuum chamber inside the manifold. This guy was looking for the gasket that goes between the two halves of the intake manifold.

    Sadly - they dont exist as service parts, the gasket becomes a plastic like material when cured after assembly for the first time and remains sealed up its entire life. The manifold is cast magnesium and has an array of flaps and runners that make the elastic torque of the engine.

    Point is that.

    No matter how much stupid the mechanics at the MB dealer (shnwz ltd) are - they would have never disassembled the manifold - because they have the knowledge base to refer to. So no matter if its 3S or independant mechanic - the person should atleast study the machine data first.



    end was that he had to buy a working condition used manifold (his car was OK to begin with - he just thought it would be a good idea to have a general toon up)
    absolutely 1000000000% right that is horrible story of ever mechanic in pakistan.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •