Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CVT Start Clutch Calibration - The AUTEL Way

ALHAMDULILLAH

I had been looking for a bi-directional scan tool since long and been saving up for it. Finally the much awaited tool arrived yesterday. And I thought of sharing it with fellow members along with posting the first tool application.

The Steermatic battery had completely drained in the past couple of days and the ECU forgot about the CVT start clutch calibration. Sadly this happens everytime if the battery is disconnected or it completely discharges.

So instead of the old "drive upto 60 and decelerate method" suggested in ESM, I thought of putting the tool to some use.

But before I proceed, I must thank the one person who made it possible for me to decide. Without his input, I would have ended up with a wrong choice or some chinese clone.

The one and only, our teacher, our automotive mentor, our guru and our respectful elder brother @Xulfiqar bhai.

Thanks alot Xulfiqar bhai.

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457460

----------------------------------------------------

Okay here we go

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457456

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457457

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457458

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457459

Proof of Product Authenticity (Online Registration)

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457455

Now the Calibration Procedure.

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457461

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457462

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457463

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457464

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457465

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457466

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457468

CVT Start Clutch Calibration  The AUTEL Way -1457469

Question: So whats my point:

The point is: when your CVT starts giving poor idle in D (excessive vibarations), and idles itself all fine in N, you would want to calibrate you r transmission start clutch. Most Honda dealerships and some "gheroo-program" mechanics advise throttle body service, engine/tranny mounting replacements, valve body replacements and what not.

However, its just a couple of steps in procedure to get it back on road hassle free.

Happy CVT driving. Cheers

JazakAllah
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA,

Hope you are well. Just read your thred on CVT Clutch. Is it possible that I can bring my Steermatic for a diagnostic test? I think it's fuel consumption is high. The guys at Honda are totally clueless. I shall be happy to pay for this. Kindly let me know. Is the Red Lady still with you?

Kind regards

Anis
    life is but wheels!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by incognito59 View Post
    AOA,

Hope you are well. Just read your thred on CVT Clutch. Is it possible that I can bring my Steermatic for a diagnostic test? I think it's fuel consumption is high. The guys at Honda are totally clueless. I shall be happy to pay for this. Kindly let me know. Is the Red Lady still with you?

Kind regards

Anis

Dear Anis Bhai,

Assalam o Alaikum.

My sincere appologies for replying late. I just walked by this page and saw your msg.

At the moment, I am not in Lahore. Please email me (through PW email) your Whatsapp No. I shall forward you further details.

With Warm Regards
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Walikum Salaam,

Thanks for your response. I tried to PM you through PW but got this message:

Rustam54 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Anis

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Dear Anis Bhai,

Assalam o Alaikum.

My sincere appologies for replying late. I just walked by this page and saw your msg.

At the moment, I am not in Lahore. Please email me (through PW email) your Whatsapp No. I shall forward you further details.

With Warm Regards
    life is but wheels!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Probably off-topic but...

Do you know if your maxidas can mess around with base ignition timings or not? If not, any diagnostic tool that you know can do it?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA to everyone. I faced a slight issue this morning with my I-dsi Vario. The shift lock was not releasing when i pressed the brakes so the gear wasn`t releasing and stuck in P, i switched off the car for a while started it again and the issue went away. what is the problem is it related to transmission of shift lock mechanism?
    @rustam54 Sir if you could help me out with this
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    Probably off-topic but...

Do you know if your maxidas can mess around with base ignition timings or not? If not, any diagnostic tool that you know can do it?
    Nothings off-topic as long as the intent is genuine.

The answer to your question is "NO"

Scan tools generally cannot modify base level timings and fuel map. They can help you plot what is already configured inside. So have an idea whats going on at different rpms and engine load.

Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    AOA to everyone. I faced a slight issue this morning with my I-dsi Vario. The shift lock was not releasing when i pressed the brakes so the gear wasn`t releasing and stuck in P, i switched off the car for a while started it again and the issue went away. what is the problem is it related to transmission of shift lock mechanism?
    @rustam54 Sir if you could help me out with this
    Brother, your problem can have multiple reasons.

1. It can be that the solenoid simply got stuck mid way, while you tried to pull shifter before it could engage.
    2. It could be that the shift lock solenoid is failing.
    3. It could be that the brake switch (connected to rear brake lights) is having an intermittent failure.
    4. It can be a electrical contact issue in the wiring.

But i am guessing that it was normal. You can open up the center console yourself and observe the operation. The lock solenoid is mounted right below the shifter. Start car, press brake pedal, the solenoid should engage. Release brake and it should return and lock shifter movement.

Please do post us back with your result.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I remember the new City 1.3 ran really bad when they were launched, so a few users here shared how they went to honda and honda guys retuned the ecu ignition timing and stuff. I'm thinking they must've reflashed with updated/modified ecu maps or maybe just tinkered around with base timings. JDM vehicles don't give much mileage because of 88 ron fuel whereas Japs use 92 ron minimum.
    My intent on asking was if we could lower base ignition timing by something like 5-8 degrees then cars wouldn't be dumping so much fuel for knock prevention, and so finally maybe they would run as economical as Japs advertise in their fuel consumption figures.

A dream I guess.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, your problem can have multiple reasons.

1. It can be that the solenoid simply got stuck mid way, while you tried to pull shifter before it could engage.
    2. It could be that the shift lock solenoid is failing.
    3. It could be that the brake switch (connected to rear brake lights) is having an intermittent failure.
    4. It can be a electrical contact issue in the wiring.

But i am guessing that it was normal. You can open up the center console yourself and observe the operation. The lock solenoid is mounted right below the shifter. Start car, press brake pedal, the solenoid should engage. Release brake and it should return and lock shifter movement.

Please do post us back with your result.[/QUOTE]
    @rustam54 Things have been very bad with my Honda , there are multiple problems with it. There is a constant sound of humming coming from the gear box i`ll record and post it here,please let me know if i can. Plus the shift lock solenoid is stuck again i don`t know what the problem is. when i press the brake the brake lights don`t light up aswell please give me an idea what the problem is so i can visit a work shop as i don`t want to add more problems by just judging it on guess. Waiting for your reply Thanks.
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by typeN View Post
    Things have been very bad with my Honda , there are multiple problems with it. There is a constant sound of humming coming from the gear box i`ll record and post it here,please let me know if i can. Plus the shift lock solenoid is stuck again i don`t know what the problem is. when i press the brake the brake lights don`t light up aswell please give me an idea what the problem is so i can visit a work shop as i don`t want to add more problems by just judging it on guess. Waiting for your reply Thanks.
    Brother, if the brake lights are not working, for sure this is a sign of Brake Pedal Switch input

Which is vital for engaging and disengaging the Shift solenoid as well as for start clutch. Please inspect your brake switch on immediate basis, it either requires repositioning by adjustment nut Or requires to be replaced.

Regarding humming, I am afraid that can lead to many other problems. Please share your CVT oil maintenance schedule. Contact @syncview and @capsat for tell-tail signs of a failing CVT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, fix that brake light switch.. Then move on
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa guys, i own a 2006 steermatic, it has done 72k on odo meter..i m the first owner of the car and car is maintained by Authorised Honda dealership! By some time an issue has arised. The car sort of shudders when you start moving (from stationary), once its moving the transmission performs superb, no noise or vibrations.
    I have tried to read about this problem on pakwheels but failed to conclude a solution....
    Plz help me out if this first clutch calibration thing can solve my problem?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AjRaja View Post
    Aoa guys, i own a 2006 steermatic, it has done 72k on odo meter..i m the first owner of the car and car is maintained by Authorised Honda dealership! By some time an issue has arised. The car sort of shudders when you start moving (from stationary), once its moving the transmission performs superb, no noise or vibrations.
    I have tried to read about this problem on pakwheels but failed to conclude a solution....
    Plz help me out if this first clutch calibration thing can solve my problem?
    When was the last cvtf replaced ?.
    Did u chk foundations / mountings and front lower arm rubber bushes of the car were they ever got replaced?.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PW Forums mobile app
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    When was the last cvtf replaced ?.
    Did u chk foundations / mountings and front lower arm rubber bushes of the car were they ever got replaced?.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PW Forums mobile app
    Lower arm bushes and shocks mount rubber was changed! Foundations were in prefectly good condition so they were not replaced... cvtf was replaced 2.5-3 years ago.... i am going to replace it now but i dont think its going to solve my problem!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

User Tag List