Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oil Change for my 2013 (Dec) 1.3 I-vtec city M/T

Hello
    I wanted to know which engine oil should I change to and when I should ?Considering engine friendly and better mileage please give me a clue to what engine oil is .Like keeping a check on it with the engine fuel stick thing. I know a few facts though but i wanted to get it straight from the experts .PS my car is almost 1900 km driven

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car-bonized View Post
    Man I would like to know what kmpl are you getting ,and wot grade of oil filter? and this stuff is really top class but I think in Pakistan one should stick to the desi stuff made to last in Pakistani conditions.as In other countries like US the speed limit is a serious thing .Which in Pakistan isnt among various factors as we know
    My city is used inside city for very short trips. The car is kept on idle for alot of time when parked in the parking lots waiting for family. Plus, after the construction of new Kashmir Highway, i like to floor the car there. So even with flooring on kashmir highway, being an automatic and with alot of idling time i manage to get around 10kmpl. But with light foot driving and no idling one can get around 14 very very easily.
    there isnt much cost difference between this and desi stuff so why put your car on stake? This costs 3900-4000 for a can.
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was my first oil chang e. My car has done around 10,000km now. Used thai made original honda filter this time. Will drain the oil at 8000kms running. Next time will get an oil filter like this.Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1408085242.815081.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  161.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums mobile app
    Honda Civic Fb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    My city is used inside city for very short trips. The car is kept on idle for alot of time when parked in the parking lots waiting for family. Plus, after the construction of new Kashmir Highway, i like to floor the car there. So even with flooring on kashmir highway, being an automatic and with alot of idling time i manage to get around 10kmpl. But with light foot driving and no idling one can get around 14 very very easily.
    there isnt much cost difference between this and desi stuff so why put your car on stake? This costs 3900-4000 for a can.
    bro I know liqui is a top brand and price isnt a issue ,But lemme see if hondas genuine performs poorly for me then I shall switch . but if what you saying is true then i wont get good mileage either because my car is being used for short periods too its only used for college in DHA .I cover about 6 to 7 kms in a day week till fridays

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as a matter of fact Liqui Moly claims on its website that this oil can last upto 40,000kms.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

Liquid Moly (LM) is definitely one of the very best commercially available lubricant brands here in Pakistan.

We should all be aware that we DO NOT have very high quality oil filters available here, which is why we cannot blindly follow the LM specified oil change intervals, whether listed on their website, or advised to us locally.

Malaysian company, LePpon has been penetrating the market, and have personally used their oil and air filters in my own cars as well as friends' automobiles, and can sincerely recommend this company, at least at this moment in time, for good, long lasting quality on oil and air filters.

Also attaching the proper excerpt here FM the LM website for the 5W-30 Special Tec (this oil we are using in Japanese 660cc cars, local Suzuki Swifts, Honda Civics, Corollas), all with nothing but praise for it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by argus View Post
    Liquid Moly (LM) is definitely one of the very best commercially available lubricant brands here in Pakistan.

We should all be aware that we DO NOT have very high quality oil filters available here, which is why we cannot blindly follow the LM specified oil change intervals, whether listed on their website, or advised to us locally.

Malaysian company, LePpon has been penetrating the market, and have personally used their oil and air filters in my own cars as well as friends' automobiles, and can sincerely recommend this company, at least at this moment in time, for good, long lasting quality on oil and air filters.

Also attaching the proper excerpt here FM the LM website for the 5W-30 Special Tec (this oil we are using in Japanese 660cc cars, local Suzuki Swifts, Honda Civics, Corollas), all with nothing but praise for it!!
    This was my first oil chang e. My car has done around 10,000km now. Used thai made original honda filter this time. Will drain the oil at 8000kms running. Next time will get an oil filter like this.Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1408085242.815081.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  161.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums mobile app
    bosch oil filters are very long lasting. they can last upto 10,000 miles as shown in the caption in the above image.

Honda Civic Fb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK, so where can one source these here?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but oil filter shouldn't be a issue for me because the change interval on my cars maintenance schedule book said the interval wasn't near.Are you guys suggesting I should change my oil filter too ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List