Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rustam54

Thread: Blinking D light with permanently lit ABS and Handbrake light on 2007 Honda City

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Blinking D light with permanently lit ABS and Handbrake light on 2007 Honda City

Hi. I am new to this forum and tried posting earlier but can't see my post. Hope i don't get banned for double post.
    So here's my story. I bought a fairly used 2007 1.5L Honda City with CVT transmission and the 7 speed mode. The vehicle was previously involved in an accident but was fixed up pretty well. Car has 60,000 odd kilometers on the odometer.

The D light on the dashboard blinks when the the car is driven and the ABS and handbrake lights stay on permanently as well. The D light keeps blinking irrespective of the gear the car is in until the ignition is switched off and on again. However, it resumes blinking as soon as i accelerate past 35 - 40 km/hr.

Another issue is that the car seems to be applying engine braking on its own between speeds of 30km and 20km when i take my leg off the accelerator. The deceleration between these speeds is very strong and can be felt. It feels as if the car is braking when my foot isn't on the brake. After decelerating below 20km/hr, the car starts coasting normally again and rolls along fine.

In the morning when i start the car, the RPM shoots up normally to 1500-2000 rpm and starts coming down gradually. When i engage the reverse gear to back out, RPM drops to about 500. When i then try to switch from R to D, RPM shoots up to 1500 before settling back down to about 800. When this happens, there is a small delay(about a second) before vehicle starts moving forward. At this point the D light doesn't blink until i accelerate to about 30-40km/hr.

I have scanned the car and got P1887 which stays something about VSS and torque converter being stuck on. I have changed the gearbox fluid to CVTF fluid and checked the resistance of the VSS. I even swapped the VSS on the transmission and they seemed to be fine.

My mileage in the city sucks a bit (7km/L). Haven't done highway driving yet. Is there any way i can sort this code out? My mechanic says its my ABS module, another says its an electrical fault. yet another said it doesn't matter since my check engine light is not on. Anyone had this type of issue and how was it resolved? Waiting for your informed answers. Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the D blinking is the "check transmission" light - you need to scan that to see the error.

The ABS can be scanned and coded out to see what is failing.

The handbrake light will also be lit if your brake fluid level is low or if a problem exists in ABS
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

removed
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@9icetoo

The code you mentioned for the subject vehicle is not what your mechanics have diagnosed.

The ESM I have also covers the L15A engine thats supposed to be in your vehicle of model 2007. I am pasting all the diagnostic guide so that you can have a better understanding. I hope it helps you in any way possible

EDIT:

Basically this covers the ECU side of trobleshooting. you have to scan the ABS module codes and then paste them here for better understanding and further action

DTC Troubleshooting: P1887 (53-1)

DTC P1887: Problem in VABS Circuit

For KB, KE, KG, and KQ Models

NOTE:
    ?Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
    ?The illustration shows the example of connector terminal arrangement; connector terminal arrangement varies with the models.

1. Check whether the ABS DTC is indicated.

Is the ABS DTC indicated?

YES - Perform the ABS troubleshooting for the indicated DTC, and recheck for DTC P1887 after troubleshooting
    NO - Go to 2.

2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
    3. Check for continuity between PCM connector terminals A23 and body ground, and between A24 and body ground.

Blinking D light with permanently lit ABS and Handbrake light on 2007 Honda City -1464965

Is there continuity?
    YES - Go to 4.
    NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminals A23 and A24, and ground (G101), or repair poor ground (G101).n

4. Lift up the vehicle, and allow the wheels to rotate freely.
    5. With driving the vehicle, measure the voltage between PCM connector terminals A18 and A23 or A24.

Blinking D light with permanently lit ABS and Handbrake light on 2007 Honda City -1464968

Is there pulsing voltage between 0-5 V?

YES - Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good PCM, replace the original PCM.n

NO - Go to 6.

6. Disconnect ABS control unit connector.
    7. With driving the vehicle while lifting the vehicle up, measure the voltage between ABS control unit connector terminal No. 15 and body ground.

Blinking D light with permanently lit ABS and Handbrake light on 2007 Honda City -1464969

Is there voltage?

YES - Check for loose terminal fit in the ABS control unit connector
    NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminal A18 and ABS control unit
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just FYI guys, the 2007 PKDM City doesn't have ABS.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by memphis View Post
    Just FYI guys, the 2007 PKDM City doesn't have ABS.

Dont worry. The ESM's dont contain PKDM or JDM segregation. They usually have all the target regions of the vehicle model and clearly highlight the similarities among variants as well as differences.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow. Thanks xulfiqar, rustam54 and memphis. I can perform these tests myself actually. I was so scared that my transmission was going bust. I will perform the tests towards the end of the month and update you. Thanks once again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my colleague faced blinking D light issue in vario.He told me that mechanic cleaned some sensor which was malfunctioning n problem was resolved.i dont know sensor name exactly but its somewhere outside gearbox.i will confirm you after asking him

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for this post, I am also having the same problem, changed the CVTF, my car also drops power and the same RPM discontinuity problem, one of the person told about stepper motor in transmission. I haven't resolved my issue yet but one of the authorized person told me about stepper motor, have you resolved the issue?

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Having same problem d light linking also handbreak light is continue and code is 53-1

Honda airwave with 7 speed mode

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List