Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: honda city low compression test.need help

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default honda city low compression test.need help

    Aoa i tested my 4 cylinders of my car honda city 1999 with d15b2 engine yesterday then mechanic told me 4 cylinder have low compression of 110 psi ... it was shocking for me though car is old but no smoke no water reduction no bubble in radiator no oil burning and reduction.... even i used to drive 90km/h at 2nd gear in 8-9 seconds ....then what could be the issue ? test was done after valve clearance and throttle body cleaning but engine was cold at that time and i dont know mechanic opened tha throttle or not ... is it possible to get low values with engine conditions? or something went wrong

    second : tunning k bad car ko accelerate kero to pehle 1 sec ka sans ya stall type kuch behave kerti hai aur phir acceleration se nikalti hai .... what could be the issue ?

    NOTE :: during tuning parameters are set to:
    spark advance at 16 degree and
    intake valve : 0.008 in
    exhaust valve at : 0.009 in


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,329
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Healthy engines should have compression above 100 in each cylinder with no more then 10% variation in all of them. When you see a low compression on a cylinder then put a teaspoon of oil into plug hole and retest if reading jumps then your piston/rings are worn out if not then valves are bad, if it is only low in one cylinder then head gasket is leak on that cylinder.
    Speed, fuel consumption, smoke or oil reduction cannot exactly tell you the engine condition, only a compression test will show you the results.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Healthy engines should have compression above 100 in each cylinder with no more then 10% variation in all of them. When you see a low compression on a cylinder then put a teaspoon of oil into plug hole and retest if reading jumps then your piston/rings are worn out if not then valves are bad, if it is only low in one cylinder then head gasket is leak on that cylinder.
    Speed, fuel consumption, smoke or oil reduction cannot exactly tell you the engine condition, only a compression test will show you the results.
    4 cylinder have the same reading of 100-110 psi .... is it possible that with 4 cylinder at 100 psi engine accelerate 90km/h in second gear at abt 9 second ..? i dont know if mechanic wot throttle or not

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,329
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    Aoa i tested my 4 cylinders of my car honda city 1999 with d15b2 engine yesterday then mechanic told me 4 cylinder have low compression of 110 psi ... it was shocking for me though car is old but no smoke no water reduction no bubble in radiator no oil burning and reduction.... even i used to drive 90km/h at 2nd gear in 8-9 seconds ....then what could be the issue ? test was done after valve clearance and throttle body cleaning but engine was cold at that time and i dont know mechanic opened tha throttle or not ... is it possible to get low values with engine conditions? or something went wrong

    second : tunning k bad car ko accelerate kero to pehle 1 sec ka sans ya stall type kuch behave kerti hai aur phir acceleration se nikalti hai .... what could be the issue ?

    NOTE :: during tuning parameters are set to:
    spark advance at 16 degree and
    intake valve : 0.008 in
    exhaust valve at : 0.009 in

    I have seen a D15B2 engine having about 100k kms on odometer and with 180 180 170 170 compression, it did use bit oil i think it was valves and i read somewhere on internet that 150 compression on this engine shows weak rings.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmm ... what should i do to know if it is valves or ring piston and what wud be the cost to fix it... @ahmedraja1996

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,329
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    hmm ... what should i do to know if it is valves or ring piston and what wud be the cost to fix it... @ahmedraja1996
    The reading you told shows that rings and piston are bad. About the cost i cannot tell anything you can go to a good workshop and have a fresh compression test over there and calculate the cost of repair, how much KM's has engine done? Usually people here swap engines but if you overhaul it properly it can easily go for another 2-3 lakh kms with proper maintenance. A pakwheeler overhauled his D16 Vtec in Civic 97-98 and he is very satisfied with it.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    above 300000km

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,329
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    above 300000km
    Then for sure your engine needs overhauling.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if engine needs overhauling then i will drive as it is ... i will think later to overhaul the engine

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,329
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    if engine needs overhauling then i will drive as it is ... i will think later to overhaul the engine
    Your vehicle your choice

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    searchingeyez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks for ur concern to me

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Retest from someone else
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    argtr65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,645
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Keep it running until you face any problem.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •