7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Weird issue of stalling

Aoa dear members ... i have honda city exi when i press pedal slowly to move car from idle it behave mm... consider i m releasing cluth with 1000-1.5k rpm pedal:

half second uthti hai phr half sec breath leti hai ya aise kaho slow ho jati hai aur phr set ho jati hai aur accelerate kerti ahi ..... phr ni breath leti jab tk speedcar near 0 km/h na ho ....... yeh masla ziada tar still car se car move kerne k doran ata hai ... agr pedal aggressive do still car mai to lag nahi kerti aur kafi acceleration k sath nikalti ahi ....

what could be the issue ?? why it take breath after moving ? and cng pe rpm 200 pe ajata hai ac k sath uska b guide ker den !! is it some air leaking during cng rpm down or some thing else

thanks in advance

Note:: car is tunned 2 days ago tested by scanner ..no cel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No understand the physics, see lets suppose that for every one round for crank pulley your cam moved about 2 cycles, with the increase in diameter of crank pulley this ration would change and for every one round of crank pulley your cam would now move more than 2 cycles say 2.5.

Even if you adjust the timing by distributor or by teeth you have altered the ratios which will eventually effect the timing of opening valves for intake and exhaust.............

Question: Was the mechanic a methamatian ? did he calculated how far should be the TDC Mark from notch for change in diameter of new pulley? definately answer is going to be NO. So install OEM Part.

Ya to milta na ho kahin se be........... ab milta ha to phir koi aur lagana ziate gare se
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    afnan really thanks for your concern ... i changed crank pulley and mechanic put the pulley which is differ in design with original crankshaft pulley i said to put the same pulley but mechanic said it is all right to use this pulley (i was sad coz due to differ in diameter i would not able to set ignition timming or tdc by rotating pulley )

Second :
    diameter of crankshaft pulley is also different .. i tested it while setting timming mark UP at top, mark of tdc on new crankshaft pulley was some degree before the nib at timing cover compartment

i hope u have understood and third on your behalf i unplug iacv harness idle went to 1500 and while iacv plugged in rpm is at 800 ?? is there any problem with idle screw?
    i will appreciate your answer with all of my questions
    afnan i unplugged the iacv turned the idle air bypass screw rotate closewise till the end but rpm was at 1200 not at 500

btw i have broken my tps wiring

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

afnan crankshaft pulley is not connected to cam shaft ..pulley is connected to steering pump , ac and alternator ...infact cam gear is connecting to another pulley in timing belt compartment which moves with the crankshaft.... i also attached the picture of cam shaft and pulleys related to cam

let me know ur opinion
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Changing the diameter of Crank Pulley you are altering the ratio. So your mechanical timming is bad, it could be a disaster for engine so get it sorted immediately and install OEM Part.

When you pull the IACV Grip adjust the RPM to 500 then reset ECU then plug back ECU will automatically adjust RPM. If not then set them to required. But first change the pulley

Dont trust mechanics on these common physics things. If someone says bahi you have A Negative Blood group, but wo mil nahi raha , Bakre ka blood charha deta hoon Blood he ha wo be so it will not work.........
    Change in diameter of crank shaft pulley will not affect on engine timing, but it can affect on alternator,power steering pump,water pump and A/c performance.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all correct the tps wiring,then remove distributor cap and clean the assembly including rotor and inspect the distributor cap for worn out.If the problem remain persist then clean crank senor and check its coupler for proper connection and slightly retard the ignition timing.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@searchingeyez Sorry i dont thing what i was imagining while having that thought. You are correct. and @argtr65 pointed out correct. It would not effect engine timing as it is linked with timing belt.

1. Work out your TPS wiring. Most liveky it would solve your problem.
    2. Reset the ECU
    3. If does not work out then above setting technique.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@afnan.bashir now.plz.guide me when i unplug rpm stuxk at 1500 then i rotate the idle.screw till the end but rpm went to 1200 not at 600 is there some air vaccum leakage? Guide me

Sent from my SHW-M110S using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Suspect a Vacuum Leak.......

Watch Youtube Videos for How to find Vacuum Leak. If you are in Lahore you may visit me or @syncview........

If you have Vacuum Leak then un accounted air enters the System causing change in Air to Fuel Ratio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't understand the reason behind changing the crankshaft pulley with a non oem one?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Suspect a Vacuum Leak.......

Watch Youtube Videos for How to find Vacuum Leak. If you are in Lahore you may visit me or @syncview........

If you have Vacuum Leak then un accounted air enters the System causing change in Air to Fuel Ratio
    i watched the video to spray carb cleaner i will definatey go for it very soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    I don't understand the reason behind changing the crankshaft pulley with a non oem one?
    bro mechanic intstalled this for 2000 ... if its working fine then dont want to spend money on that for now ... it will change all setting of ignition and other parameters

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

going back to oem pulley won't affect the ignition timing at all

but again, why was the pulley changed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe you are confusing the belt drive pulley with the timing pulley, if the lower timing pulley was wrong size - the engine would never fire due to extremely bad timing.

If you have changed the belt drive pulley with another design part then make sure its actually meant for your engine - the pulley aka harmonic damper is actually a shock absorber for the crankshaft vibrations (4 cyl engines are not smooth)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I believe you are confusing the belt drive pulley with the timing pulley, if the lower timing pulley was wrong size - the engine would never fire due to extremely bad timing.

If you have changed the belt drive pulley with another design part then make sure its actually meant for your engine - the pulley aka harmonic damper is actually a shock absorber for the crankshaft vibrations (4 cyl engines are not smooth)
    @Xulfiqar thanks for your reply... i m.attaching my pullies original one and installed one by mechanic ....the pully in image having belt upon it is the pulley which mechanic installed in my car and secnd image of pulley is the pulley which came with my genuine honda city pulley

Is there any difference..?

Secnd question ... when i release clutch at 1sr gear and normal rpm..... car moves little..... then breath or reduce speed for 1 sec and then moves normally...why car breath ..... gari 1st gear mai chal k backward push hgi phr normal chalti rahegi.....

3rd question i tried to adjust rpm by idle bypass screw .when i unplug the iacv rpm shoot to 1500 i tighten the screw till the end (screw was tighten fulley at that point) but rpm is at 1200 not 550....is there vaccum leak or is it normal?car is on petrol n warm condition however rafiator fan was not kicked

Plz if u could answer my all question with littl detail ... thanks in advance

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really it does that? but how see its a disk how can it help dampning vibration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

afnan i know its also called harmonic damper ... i dont know how but it does....it reduces engine vibration ...may be it dampen the shocks of compression stroke or what i dont know exactly but it is harmonic damper is confirm...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes the crank shaft pulley on one side and flywheel/clutch // flexplate/torque converter on the other act as a system that dampens the crankshaft pulses and smooths out the engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you see a thin ring near the little holes that are drilled into the pulley, the ring is vulcanized rubber sandwich that smooths out the engine firing pulse and relieves the brake shocks from the compressor, alternator etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    @Xulfiqar thanks for your reply... i m.attaching my pullies original one and installed one by mechanic ....the pully in image having belt upon it is the pulley which mechanic installed in my car and secnd image of pulley is the pulley which came with my genuine honda city pulley

Is there any difference..?

Secnd question ... when i release clutch at 1sr gear and normal rpm..... car moves little..... then breath or reduce speed for 1 sec and then moves normally...why car breath ..... gari 1st gear mai chal k backward push hgi phr normal chalti rahegi.....

3rd question i tried to adjust rpm by idle bypass screw .when i unplug the iacv rpm shoot to 1500 i tighten the screw till the end (screw was tighten fulley at that point) but rpm is at 1200 not 550....is there vaccum leak or is it normal?car is on petrol n warm condition however rafiator fan was not kicked

Plz if u could answer my all question with littl detail ... thanks in advance

btw - the pulley you installed is damaged and will damage your belts - there are chips missing from the edges where the belt rides (chewed belt) The original pulley you had must have been a great deal heavier too and it also had the hex cast into it (that nut shaped casting is to place the factory service tool used to hold the pulley while the bolt is tightened)

and this looks like a solid pulley to me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw - the pulley you installed is damaged and will damage your belts - there are chips missing from the edges where the belt rides (chewed belt) The original pulley you had must have been a great deal heavier too and it also had the hex cast into it (that nut shaped casting is to place the factory service tool used to hold the pulley while the bolt is tightened)

and this looks like a solid pulley to me
    thanks @Xulfiqar u solved my one problem regarding pulley but u didnt resolve my 2 remaining issues kindly tell me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List