0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City full body paint!

Hello all, we bought a Honda City 2008 vario in black colour back in 2011.
    The thing is that we didn't thoroughly checked the car for repaint etc as it was bought from someone we knew. Anyway, back in 2011 it was in almost new condition with around 12k Km on ODO. Now the main thing is that it was already painted from different sides from a cheap road side painter. The colour has different shades from different sides.
    The front has faded, back has changed colour to grey, sides are getting dull and the paint has started to chip from different sides.
    We showed it to a denter/painter and he said that the car has been already painted by an inexperience painter. The car now needs full paint job again. Car has also started to get rust from sides. The painter quoted us 35k and he would fully paint the car, remove rust, will do welding etc. Today showed it to another painter in Gizri, Karachi and he quoted us 60k, he said trunk and bumpers will be replaced and will give us 5 year warranty. Please now help me what should I do. From where should I get it painted? Please tell me a shop who is an expert and will do his job properly and it should not be possible to point out that whether it's painted or not.
    Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadtariq View Post
    IMO:

Option 1: Go to a Honda 3s and get it painted. It'll be hassle free, good quality but expensive.

Option 2: Find a good, skilful denter and painter and decide the labour charges, including bake paint booth. Buy and supply the paint, bases, etc yourself. Materials should cost about 20k and decent labour charges should be about 35-40k.
    The best suggestion so far
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_racer View Post
    I never said that I want to sell the car or cheat someone!
    The current job is so pathetic that even a kid could point out that it has been repainted. I just meant that I want to get the job done by a professional who know his job. I just want the car to look as good as new and should not look repainted at all, don't think we're gonna sell it, we have intention to keep it for 3 more years as it's mostly used by driver to pick me from college, my brother from school and it's also mostly used by my elder brother!
    Plus not everyone loves to cheat, tell lie and sell their car saying its genuine. Last year we sold the car and the trunk was repainted, we told the new owner that it was repainted.
    try doing it from honda 3 s

i had my fender painted from them and believe me no body accept when i tell them that fender is painted
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try yazadani autos they are famous for quality paint work

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    Many years ago I used to live in Karachi. One of the best places for a paint job was Yazdani motors on Korangi Road. I had three cars painted from there. My friend?s dad Nousher uncle is the owner. No complaints. Check them out. They are dedicated to a quality job.

Here are other Pakwheel members talking about them:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...dly-reply-asap

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mis...ainter-karachi

There is more; you can do a search yourself.

Address is:

YAZDANI MOTOR WORKS
    124, 12th East Street, Phase-I Defence Housing Authority, Karachi 75500, Sindh, Pakistan
    Phone: 9221-5894369 / 5894367 / 5894368
    Thanks a lot!! Will surely check them!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    try doing it from honda 3 s

i had my fender painted from them and believe me no body accept when i tell them that fender is painted
    There work is good but they are damn expensive and I'm sure it will be no less than 100k!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro in Islamabad , for respraying my car (Excluding trunk and roof) , for a good quality paint job i was quoted from 20k-40k!
    I checked car painted by 20k (quote) krnay wala painter.
    And 20k walas car had better look / quality of paint! So it doesn't matter , poteine must be sanded and good quality paint is to be used!
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try to find a Guy who restores accidented Jdm Cars and u won't regret ur decision, they bring total loss cars back to life and trust me no one can know that it is repainted . there r many at Jail road and the most famous there is Burney Auto's, they r expensive though and near him there r many more too,
    Have also heard good reviews about Yazdani located at korangi road.
    I personally get my car done from a denter in Badar Commercial and he is very good too, but i wont recommend him for a whole car repaint.
    Whom ever u get the Car repainted from make sure to get it repainted in Bake paint, purchase the paint and stuff yourself and get the color matched with the roof in front of ur eyes,( I got a vitz repainted and it took us 1 hour to get the perfect match, i was standing on their head other wise they would have mis matched it.). Don't get the roof repainted as it decreases the value drastically.
    Another cool option if u wanna do is to get the rusted areas treated and the Car wrapped , the car would look hot, u have the option to change the color and make ur ride unique in a cheap price
    If u need any more help feel free to ask
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Try to find a Guy who restores accidented Jdm Cars and u won't regret ur decision, they bring total loss cars back to life and trust me no one can know that it is repainted . there r many at Jail road and the most famous there is Burney Auto's, they r expensive though and near him there r many more too,
    Have also heard good reviews about Yazdani located at korangi road.
    I personally get my car done from a denter in Badar Commercial and he is very good too, but i wont recommend him for a whole car repaint.
    Whom ever u get the Car repainted from make sure to get it repainted in Bake paint, purchase the paint and stuff yourself and get the color matched with the roof in front of ur eyes,( I got a vitz repainted and it took us 1 hour to get the perfect match, i was standing on their head other wise they would have mis matched it.). Don't get the roof repainted as it decreases the value drastically.
    Another cool option if u wanna do is to get the rusted areas treated and the Car wrapped , the car would look hot, u have the option to change the color and make ur ride unique in a cheap price
    If u need any more help feel free to ask
    Lol thanks.
    Could you please tell me the difference between bake paint and the manual one?
    The whole car needs to be repainted, roof too as roof also has a lot of rust near the wind screen, to fix the rust repaint is a must!
    Will post pics tomorrow you can see!
    And one more thing, if I go for bake paint, would there be any difference between original colour and the baked one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol thanks.
    Could you please tell me the difference between bake paint and the manual one?
    The whole car needs to be repainted, roof too as roof also has a lot of rust near the wind screen, to fix the rust repaint is a must!
    Will post pics tomorrow you can see!
    And one more thing, if I go for bake paint, would there be any difference between original colour and the baked one?
    Bake paint means that the car is taken to a room which is closed and the car is painted there so that dust would not settle on the car and is heated the paint is heated inside the room.
    And the original color is also bake paint
    Diff is normal paint would be the car being painted on the road, dust accumulating on the body and non even finish while bake paint would have a clean glossy and even finish same as the day it came from the showroom
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As said YAZDANI MOTOR WORKS they are very gud ,educated lot.They do a great job and the owner idk who he is but i met him and he looks quiet honest
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your advise!
    Will upload the pictures by tomorrow as car is with my brother.
    For the trunk, all 3 denters said car has had a major crash from behind, the trunk is in bad shape, a lot of filling has been done on the trunk plus the trunk is not original, it was replaced.
    As per the denters/painters, only roof is in original paint. Colour of bonet has faded and it's matt black now
    I haven't purchased a trunk, will do it when we take the car for repair.
    What is bake paint? And which one is better, bake paint or that manual one done by painters?
    Thanks!!
    Sorry for the late reply, I saw that one of our fellow Pakwheeler has already clarified the general difference for normal and Bake paint procedure............ btw in local term of painters its called "Bhatti paint"

Then atleast you should try to preserve the original paint of your car's roof..... just get it wrapped for fresh look

For me there were always two options for getting my car works done as per my requirement:
    1- Go to some good n workshop and give them the responsibility..............this costs more but you are free of "Khwari"
    2- Get the car repaired yourself under your supervision step by step.................. some bucks saved but lot of khwari.....lesser risk of not getting what you wanted

If you are already planning to spend 60k then maybe you can spend another 30-40K on the car for perfection this will eventually pay off when you will sell the car.
    Transportation Engineer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As advised by @syedarsalanali; Option # 2 if you have the courage & time.

Dealers get the car prepped up from smaller workshops; (dismantling, sanding, etc) and then send the stripped car to specialized bake paint shops. End result
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sayedarsalanali View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I saw that one of our fellow Pakwheeler has already clarified the general difference for normal and Bake paint procedure............ btw in local term of painters its called "Bhatti paint"

Then atleast you should try to preserve the original paint of your car's roof..... just get it wrapped for fresh look

For me there were always two options for getting my car works done as per my requirement:
    1- Go to some good n workshop and give them the responsibility..............this costs more but you are free of "Khwari"
    2- Get the car repaired yourself under your supervision step by step.................. some bucks saved but lot of khwari.....lesser risk of not getting what you wanted

If you are already planning to spend 60k then maybe you can spend another 30-40K on the car for perfection this will eventually pay off when you will sell the car.
    Thanks brother.
    Yes I'll go with the option 2 after eid as the denter said it will take around a month.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL
    I went to a denter at gizri who was recommended to us by my dad's friend.
    Went to his shop yesterday and saw his work, it was awesome!!
    He recently painted Honda City 2009 fully and it was parked outside his shop, it surely was looking brand new and no one can even imagine that it was painted!
    He quoted us 65k which includes denting of 4 pieces, brand new trunk, new bumpers, new left side tail light, restoration of headlights and full paint job.
    All this work will take more than a month so will give car after Eid as we have to take this car to village for Eid.
    All the work would be done under the supervision of our driver and me.
    In'Sha'Allah will post all the pictures of work and car in new thread which will be updated daily!
    Thanks Pakwheelers!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If at gizri this shop is iqbal and sons or farooq autos right in front of NHS gate then plz avoid them ..... Know both of them very well .... Been cheated by both .... Biggest thiefs sitting in that area.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
    If at gizri this shop is iqbal and sons or farooq autos right in front of NHS gate then plz avoid them ..... Know both of them very well .... Been cheated by both .... Biggest thiefs sitting in that area.
    I don't remember the shop name but I have their card and it's in the car, will see it as soon as car comes.
    I think shop name was something Autos.
    And thanks for letting me know!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is what pak wheels is for .... To keep worthy members aware of frauds .... Plz check that card and avoid both these thiefs .... I think u can measure my anger from my words coz they ruined my car and then said 19, 20 ka farq aa jata hai colour main though it was 1 and 20 diff .... And paint started cracking after 3 months .... Reason by them was car is kept under sun for long period which was not the case .... Car was under shade in my parking and where on earth paint cracks after 3 months even if parked in sun .... One word of advice " saray choron ki convincing power buhat achi hoti hai" and these two are classical examples of this .... Thnx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all, we bought a Honda City 2008 vario in black colour back in 2011.
    The thing is that we didn't thoroughly checked the car for repaint etc as it was bought from someone we knew. Anyway, back in 2011 it was in almost new condition with around 12k Km on ODO. Now the main thing is that it was already painted from different sides from a cheap road side painter. The colour has different shades from different sides.
    The front has faded, back has changed colour to grey, sides are getting dull and the paint has started to chip from different sides.
    We showed it to a denter/painter and he said that the car has been already painted by an inexperience painter. The car now needs full paint job again. Car has also started to get rust from sides. The painter quoted us 35k and he would fully paint the car, remove rust, will do welding etc. Today showed it to another painter in Gizri, Karachi and he quoted us 60k, he said trunk and bumpers will be replaced and will give us 5 year warranty. Please now help me what should I do. From where should I get it painted? Please tell me a shop who is an expert and will do his job properly and it should not be possible to point out that whether it's painted or not.
    Thanks!
    The mechanics and denters in Gizri are sitting there for ripping people off from both the hands, dont get it done from there.
    And I guess no need to change the bumpers, maybe he's just tryinna make his commision from bumpers too because I never heard that just before of bad paint the entire bumper has to be replaced. There are always some ways with denters/painters.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just because of*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
    This is what pak wheels is for .... To keep worthy members aware of frauds .... Plz check that card and avoid both these thiefs .... I think u can measure my anger from my words coz they ruined my car and then said 19, 20 ka farq aa jata hai colour main though it was 1 and 20 diff .... And paint started cracking after 3 months .... Reason by them was car is kept under sun for long period which was not the case .... Car was under shade in my parking and where on earth paint cracks after 3 months even if parked in sun .... One word of advice " saray choron ki convincing power buhat achi hoti hai" and these two are classical examples of this .... Thnx
    The shop name is Auto Point. The guy name is Sheikh Aslam
    Feel sorry for your loss.
    That's the reason why I created this thread to make sure I don't go to a ripper!
    The guy to whom I showed the car also had great convincing power He said after the job, you can park the car with the brand new in showroom and then compare these two, you'll find no difference though I said, "Bhai kaan ye model 5 saal pehlay ana band ho gaya"
    He said "Koi masla nae, aap kisi ko jantay ho jiskay paas same colour ki gaari ho original paint ma ussay compare kar lena" and I was like Ok.
    Oh yeah he also said "Ma apko apni taraf sa 5 years ki warranty be dunga, agar paint ma koi be masla hua aap seedha mujay pakarna"
    Now your this line "saray choron ki convincing power buhat achi hoti hai" has made be think about it once again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List