Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2002 troubleshooting and maintenance

Hello Guys:
    By the Grace of GOD, my brother just bought a Honda City 2002. There are some maintenance works need to be done on the car. I was just wondering if you guys can share your experiences regarding best places, in terms of cost and work quality, to get these things done and their estimated costs . Here is the list:

1. Car tuning and CNG Cylinder cleaning. I guess there is manual CNG kit installed in the car, we want to install electronic one which is recommended for EFI cars. Besides, its RPM are not getting to around 700 while idle and there is vibration inside the car. Though, he had it checked and the mechanic said that one of the four foundation needs replacement, but would that sort vibration out?

2. Dash lights are very fade. They need to be freshen up and some other minor fixes in the dash. AC knob's point 2 is not working, hopefully the contact is not working.

3. Seats are in quite bad shape and uncomfortable. Besides, there is play in driving side seat. What would be the best solution for the play?

4. Doors are making slight sounds too .

Thanks much for your time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone??????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sunday night bump.................. anyone please....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry, but what was the point in getting 2002 model honda city?

Now start spending money on this ever now and then...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post

Poster ki mrzi jonsi mrzi gari le bhai... He is not asking for his decision i fact he wants help

Even City 2002 is my first crush so is k baray mein m kuch nae brdasht krta :p

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    Poster ki mrzi jonsi mrzi gari le bhai... He is not asking for his decision i fact he wants help

mine too infact i bought a white 2002 city with neo's 1.5 non vtec engine(really clean swap u need to see it to believe it), a lota(turbo) and working after market guages(oil pressure, boost, voltage and rpm with shift light) installed for 575k, i used to beat aspire 1.5's on that. my dad forced me to sell it, sold it for 650k after thrashing it for about a year
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can understand it's every one's personal choice.
    But now 2014 is ending and maintaining a 12 year old car is not so easy. My understanding is that you may buy a very old car but it should have low mileage on the odometer along with good condition; which I think is very difficult to find.

Second hand car should be bought of not less than 3 to 4 years old because after 125000 km on the odometer the maintenance requirements of the vehicle increases which is not only puts stress on your pocket but failure of parts occur more frequently resulting in mental stress as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post

Totally understand your point. I was more inclined towards getting a later model Alto/ Cuore. But Big B's crush on the car didn't let me do it . After all he was the main financer . Besides, you have to mind the budget constraint too .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    mine too infact i bought a white 2002 city with neo's 1.5 non vtec engine(really clean swap u need to see it to believe it), a lota(turbo) and working after market guages(oil pressure, boost, voltage and rpm with shift light) installed for 575k, i used to beat aspire 1.5's on that. my dad forced me to sell it, sold it for 650k after thrashing it for about a year

Thanks guys. My bro have always had such crushes too. I am more inclined towards civic though . Can't explain the feeling when I drove a family friend's 02 civic, which actually is the best car I have driven yet . After driving this city, I guess, it ain't that bad .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hope someone will now respond to my actual queries too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I kept this car from April 2008 till May this year. But it was on petrol so no idea about CNG. I used to take mine to Honda Drive In. I got one of the electricians there to come to my home on a Sunday and he took the City's meter with him and returned it after a couple of days with more powerful instrument bulbs installed - I think he charged 2-3 thousand and the meter never failed after that so the job was good. I knew the guy and trusted him otherwise I would never give my car's meter to anyone. Mine's seats were also in a bad shape and I got them re-made from tariq road (the gali behind McDonalds). They did a decent job - I think they charged 4-5k including seat covers. The doors also (especially the rear ones) used to make sound and were pretty jammed up so again one of the guys at Drive In came to my place on a Sunday and worked on them. They remained slick and soundless after that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As for the foundation, I was once told by Honda that one of the engine foundations is broken - it was the one at the back they said. I had it changed and the vibration reduced slightly and the gear change improved noticeably. The car felt more solid and steering wheel vibration at idle also reduced slightly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rahat083144 View Post
    I kept this car from April 2008 till May this year. But it was on petrol so no idea about CNG. I used to take mine to Honda Drive In. I got one of the electricians there to come to my home on a Sunday and he took the City's meter with him and returned it after a couple of days with more powerful instrument bulbs installed - I think he charged 2-3 thousand and the meter never failed after that so the job was good. I knew the guy and trusted him otherwise I would never give my car's meter to anyone. Mine's seats were also in a bad shape and I got them re-made from tariq road (the gali behind McDonalds). They did a decent job - I think they charged 4-5k including seat covers. The doors also (especially the rear ones) used to make sound and were pretty jammed up so again one of the guys at Drive In came to my place on a Sunday and worked on them. They remained slick and soundless after that.

Great. Thanks for reply. Any chance that you got contact details for the persons, from Honda Drive-in, you talking about? There are several shops.. any recommendation in particular? or whoever seems reasonable .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As for the foundation, I was once told by Honda that one of the engine foundations is broken - it was the one at the back they said. I had it changed and the vibration reduced slightly and the gear change improved noticeably. The car felt more solid and steering wheel vibration at idle also reduced slightly.
    From where did you get it replace and how much it cost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The electrician guy's name is Sabir (03002153016). You can also tell him that your doors need oiling or whatever and he will let you know about the other guy as I cant recall his name. The last I met him was when I got my Lancer's instruments cleaned a couple of months ago, so if you take my name maybe he will recall.

As for the seats you can go to that street on Tariq Road and ask around - there are a few shops there but I got my work done from this guy called Mubashir.

I got the foundation replaced from Drive In. Cant recall the cost but let me tell you the parts of this car are expensive. Per my experience there is barely any difference between the parts cost of this City and a Dewan Lancer. Thats just my personal experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The electrician guy's name is Sabir (03002153016). You can also tell him that your doors need oiling or whatever and he will let you know about the other guy as I cant recall his name. The last I met him was when I got my Lancer's instruments cleaned a couple of months ago, so if you take my name maybe he will recall.

As for the seats you can go to that street on Tariq Road and ask around - there are a few shops there but I got my work done from this guy called Mubashir.

I got the foundation replaced from Drive In. Cant recall the cost but let me tell you the parts of this car are expensive. Per my experience there is barely any difference between the parts cost of this City and a Dewan Lancer. Thats just my personal experience.

Thanks much Sir. I'll give him a call. Will try to find some alternate for foundation replacement. I guess there should be some good local mechanics too. Though, the issue is not that critical, just the vibration inside the cabin sometime annoys.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear brother
    Im from gujranwala,mery pass bhi honda city 2002 model ki hy,aur mujhy use kerty 5 years ho gaye hyn,seb se pehly iss price me itny function wali car nhi milti,2nd bari baat yeh k iss k parts bhi bohat kam miltay hyn.mujhy koi cheez chahiay ho tu main lahore k balal gunj se rabta kerta hoon.kia karachi me bhi koi aisi markt hy jahan se used car parts mil saktay hoon?yeh model japan me nhi launch hua tha iss waja se iss k parts kam he miltay hyn,ap se fone pe baat keron ga.mera number yeh hy03338276000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirna97 View Post
    Dear brother
    Im from gujranwala,mery pass bhi honda city 2002 model ki hy,aur mujhy use kerty 5 years ho gaye hyn,seb se pehly iss price me itny function wali car nhi milti,2nd bari baat yeh k iss k parts bhi bohat kam miltay hyn.mujhy koi cheez chahiay ho tu main lahore k balal gunj se rabta kerta hoon.kia karachi me bhi koi aisi markt hy jahan se used car parts mil saktay hoon?yeh model japan me nhi launch hua tha iss waja se iss k parts kam he miltay hyn,ap se fone pe baat keron ga.mera number yeh hy03338276000.

Bilkul sahi kaha aapne. Parts k baare main mujhe buhat ziada idea nahin hay... but I know k ager koi cheez LHR, ISB main mil rahi hay to woh definitely KHI main mil rahi hogi... yahan Shershah ki market ultimate hay... wahan aapko almost her cheez mil jati hay... poori garri k complete panels tak mil jaate hain. maine 80-90% jali hoi garrioon ko buhat acha restore hote hoe dekha hay.... bus wahan ja k cheezain dhoondi parrti hain ager used chahiye hoon to.. I think aap apna no. yahan se hata k mujhe PM kardain... or aapko jo parts chahiye hain woh bhi bata dain... mera aik chakkar lagna hay abhi shershah... I'll try my best to update you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear brother Main aap se contact krna chah raha Hon plz mujhy apna cell nmbr send kijiay ***
    I'm waiting

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List