2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyre replacement for Honda city 2012

Hello friends, I need suggestion regarding new tyres. Yesterday my car was going left so I thought this is alignment problem I then went to a shop mechanic who said that alignment is fine your 2 of 4 tyres are causing this problem and suggested that I should change its tyre ASAP.. Those were stock tyres and rims.. Now plz tell me which brand should I go?
    Used or new?
    With stock rims or new alloy or used alloy rims?
    And yes he.said that the value of your tires is not more than 5000 -_-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Try it.you ll not regret. Otherwise if you are one of those who take pride in bigger and wider tyres then go ahead and ruin the drive of your car
    If you've done it on your car, can you post some pics? Sounds really interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900H

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waqaradil;

Don't worry, relax.

You want to play safe, go to Pakistan Tyre & Rubber Co. and buy Bridgestone's.
    -Keep original wheels, they look decent.
    -No need for upsize, stick to OEM size.

Most of all you will be driving it mostly within the city @ 40mph
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all,
    my car has clocked 40k on the odo and now I am planning to retire the oem euro stars. (though no problem with them till now) It is their grip which I didnt like from the start.
    I have shortlisted advan db and blue earth in 195/65/r15

which one among the two I should go for or if there is any better choice than these please suggest. my max budget is 10k per wheel. my main concern is grip, improved braking coupled with comfort

PS I ll prefer to continue with the oem steel rims.

Regards,
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Dear posters, I have a humble request to put across to all of you. I don't claim to be a Guru here but the time spent on online research, spending long hours at tyre shops topped off by my very own experience. There is absolutely no harm in going +1 provided you remain within specified or approved perimeters. Those of you who have had bad experiences would have run into a host of issues like old tyres that have died in the shelves already, inability to assess weight of a tyre and no-name so called allaiy rims whose weight alone can screw your car's suspension. There are lots of factors than just tyre brand and its softness.
    Had this been any car other than city i would have agreed completely with you. The car's transmission (specially the auto one), engine's power (which is pretty decent on the paper) but seems poorer than 8 valve previous iDSI engine probably due to ECU's programming and hard suspension make it necessary that you play within the limits defined by the manufacturer. The 1+ thumb rule doesn't work so well here if you want to preserve the originality of the car's driving characteristics or to make them better without compromising on any one of them. So my suggestion: put 14 in rims plus 195 /70 tyres.

The previous model of the car was being offered with 13 in rims. Based on the platform (Honda Fit hatchback) from which these cars are derived, these cars are suitable for 13 / 14 in rims and 15 in were offered just to compete with Toyota Corolla.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Had this been any car other than city i would have agreed completely with you. The car's transmission (specially the auto one), engine's power (which is pretty decent on the paper) but seems poorer than 8 valve previous iDSI engine probably due to ECU's programming and hard suspension make it necessary that you play within the limits defined by the manufacturer. The 1+ thumb rule doesn't work so well here if you want to preserve the originality of the car's driving characteristics or to make them better without compromising on any one of them. So my suggestion: put 14 in rims plus 195 /70 tyres.

The previous model of the car was being offered with 13 in rims. Based on the platform (Honda Fit hatchback) from which these cars are derived, these cars are suitable for 13 / 14 in rims and 15 in were offered just to compete with Toyota Corolla.
    I value your experience. But, never ever put your heart/soul and all the money in comfort alone or shorter braking distances. Keep the factor of body roll and steering response in mind. City's suspension is not hard or harsh, technically, it's stiffer which is very important in improving grip and minimising body roll. Wider shoulder blocks and a relatively shallower tyre wall will give you the balance required. Anyways, let's be more specific in discussion to the OP's real requirement. Good discussion.
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I value your experience. But, never ever put your heart/soul and all the money in comfort alone or shorter braking distances. Keep the factor of body roll and steering response in mind. City's suspension is not hard or harsh, technically, it's stiffer which is very important in improving grip and minimising body roll. Wider shoulder blocks and a relatively shallower tyre wall will give you the balance required. Anyways, let's be more specific in discussion to the OP's real requirement. Good discussion.
    ookay lets say that they ve technically improved the suspension to keep the body roll at the minimum with improved roll grip. now just see the practical implication of that IMPROVEMENT: the car shudders like anything over a rough patch of road and you feel the texture of the road. now would you term that improvement as practical keeping in view the conditions of our roads??? my point is for a car like city you really need to do something about the comfort. comfort alone is the factor that needs to be improved and the rest is already there because of city's design features. the car will not show sign of body roll as its suspension is already too stiff.

we wont be having this discussion if it was not for city's features that are all kept by default leaving no margins. i have driven last gen city with 16 inches rims and low profile tyres and surprisingly it didnt feel bad. can you do the same with the current city??? i think not if you don't want to ruin the technical marvel of a suspension it has.

just sit and observe a City from the front which has a 1+ tyre size on its stock rims. Even with the stock rims you ll see the sides of the tyres protruding out of the shape of its body.

So my point is: the car (esp. the 1.3 variant) already comes with the biggest tyre size it can handle. if you want to improve comfort then a wider tyre size will do while downgrading to a 14 in size rim. a bigger size will take away the power of the car (esp the auto transmission ones).
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ I'll thoroughly drive two City cars in auto tranny owned by my relatives today and tomorrow, Inshallah. Will get back to you with solid response. The same car had been rolling out of assembly lines in Thailand, Phillipines and Australia with 15 size wheels/tyres. Before we get into an argument any further, please note that PKDM City can be compared its Thai counterpart for reference (parts, not necessarily fiitment) I've seriously started believing that you might have run into a lemon or even lemons.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^no my car is well maintained and giving me good fuel economy. and its the 15 or 17th car (probably made out of CKDs) by Atlas Honda as confirmed by someone from the factory. no sort of problems what so ever. I am a happy owner but I am not at peace with with its suspension / tyre size. its 2009 model AT, 83k km on the clock. people find different problems with the AT version like the gear changing of the auto transmission, bad fuel consumption, knocking of the engine etc etc. I have not problem what so ever. the cars ECU is not one of the upgraded ones.
    on the other hand I also have a honda city vario 2006 at home which has no problem what so ever. feels more powerful. more comfortable.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Dear all,
    my car has clocked 40k on the odo and now I am planning to retire the oem euro stars. (though no problem with them till now) It is their grip which I didnt like from the start.
    I have shortlisted advan db and blue earth in 195/65/r15

which one among the two I should go for or if there is any better choice than these please suggest. my max budget is 10k per wheel. my main concern is grip, improved braking coupled with comfort

PS I ll prefer to continue with the oem steel rims.

Regards,
    i am using bluearth in city 2012

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Stick to original tire size for optimum fuel efficiency. Do not Change the rim size or you'll get Errors in Speedometer readings. In fact, I wouldn't Recommend Changing rims at all. Change only the rubber tires and yes, not with Used! I'd Recommend Yokohama but if Pocket allows, nothing like Michellin, Pirelli or Continentals. Stay away From Dunlop; Ecos are hard while Le Mans and SP Sport slip. Whichever you buy, make sure to see Manufactured date like Capsat said.

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk 2
    very true.. sp slips i am using 205-65-15 still it slips :/
    low quality tyre but still better then eurostars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got Advan DB 551s late 2013 for 7500 per tyre from Jinyu tyres on Kashmir Road Rawalpindi today in case anyone's interested.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cool_mraza View Post
    Got Advan DB 551s late 2013 for 7500 per tyre from Jinyu tyres on Kashmir Road Rawalpindi today in case anyone's interested.
    Tyre profile mate?
    What goes around, comes around.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilalicious View Post
    Tyre profile mate?
    185 - 65 - R15. For City 2010.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cool_mraza View Post
    185 - 65 - R15. For City 2010.
    check your private message and reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by s_ruhail View Post
    Staying away from Pirelli would be wise since authentic Pirelli here are rare. Most of the available ones are not the kind you'd want on your car
    Ruhail, that is not completely true. Authentic and fresh Pirellis ARE very much available. Whether imported through proper channel or smuggled, that is a different story.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ruhail, that is not completely true. Authentic and fresh Pirellis ARE very much available. Whether imported through proper channel or smuggled, that is a different story.
    Fouad, my comment was more subjective than objective, based on a comparison with other brands that might be a less risky bet for someone not very well versed in rubber

Sent from my SM-G900H

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ Yes, in that case you are right. In fact to further strengthen your argument may I suggest that the more common the tyre the more chances of of finding replacements and aunthiticity of its freshness (if bought from a reputable place).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danish.ijaz.754 View Post
    this was the softest tyre available in market. Michelean was hard than this tyre and michelean was of Rs.300 less per tyre :p
    Salam brother,
    need your expert opinion about city 2012 tyre..i m about to purchase this model's city for daily commute but i m afraid of hard bumby suspension of this gen city.. as i m using Reborn now days..

let me know if i bought this city and will put advan db in it will it be softer and less nosier on road ??
    how you going to rate city's suspension and reborn's....

your reply would defiantly help me to decide which car should i go for..

regards

Waqar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been using Yoko Advan Db but now have shifted to C Drive and 195/65/15 . Much better grip on motorway and stronger sidewalls offer more protection but at the cost of slight increased noise. Overall it was a good decision.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Thats Nice...Which Car You Using...BTW!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List