Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By danishsohail
  • 1 Post By nfssaad
  • 2 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Chassis bend repairs of 2004 Honda City.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chassis bend repairs of 2004 Honda City.

Dear fellas,
    I own city 2004 and it never undergo any major crash except one two days ago. i dont know whether i should refer it major crash or not but the big thing is CHASSIS is bend....
    Due to F....king HID i was blinded while driving and my tyre hit concrete divider, which i was not able to see. So the car windscreen is cracked as it hit is badly, axle tot geya, goda, and one more thing which mechanic told me. But the thing is he told me that i cannot repair this bend chassis and you should go to Honda for this.

I am well aware how ridiculously Honda charge for their services, i am here to ask you fella from where should i get that chassis fixed?
    The car has reduced in its length by few inches, enough to stuck my knees under dashboard.
    Kindly tell me about some good mechanics, or whether i should go for Honda. How much it would cost (approx)
    As accident happened in Sialkot, so sialkot mechanics would appreciated, or else Lahore ones are fine. But it would be dangerous to drive it here (once axle and things are fixed)

P.S Alhumdulilah my baby cousin escaped this incident without a single bruise. Although i have been injured badly coz of that steering and screen. Pray for my health plz.

P.SS i dont have any pics, Sorry. My phone broke, plus it would look ridiculous to take pics after such horrendous crash. One more thing, i guess silencer or something which looked like a long pipe came off from underneath of car...

Thankyou for reading such an exhausting thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danishsohail View Post
    Dear fellas,
    I own city 2004 and it never undergo any major crash except one two days ago. i dont know whether i should refer it major crash or not but the big thing is CHASSIS is bend....
    Due to F....king HID i was blinded while driving and my tyre hit concrete divider, which i was not able to see. So the car windscreen is cracked as it hit is badly, axle tot geya, goda, and one more thing which mechanic told me. But the thing is he told me that i cannot repair this bend chassis and you should go to Honda for this.

I am well aware how ridiculously Honda charge for their services, i am here to ask you fella from where should i get that chassis fixed?
    The car has reduced in its length by few inches, enough to stuck my knees under dashboard.
    Kindly tell me about some good mechanics, or whether i should go for Honda. How much it would cost (approx)
    As accident happened in Sialkot, so sialkot mechanics would appreciated, or else Lahore ones are fine. But it would be dangerous to drive it here (once axle and things are fixed)

P.S Alhumdulilah my baby cousin escaped this incident without a single bruise. Although i have been injured badly coz of that steering and screen. Pray for my health plz.

P.SS i dont have any pics, Sorry. My phone broke, plus it would look ridiculous to take pics after such horrendous crash. One more thing, i guess silencer or something which looked like a long pipe came off from underneath of car...

Without pics no one can judge the damaged and if it is repairable or not!
    So post pics , else we can't help you or you may be misguided , chassis repair means car is gone its totalled
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear fellas,

may ALLAH bless you and give you full recovery.

considering your description the car does seem to be a basket case... only solution would need a chassis alignment rack... and i dont think its something common.... i would suggest getting an estimate from honda at least... and some mechanics.... keep in mind resale is shot... so may be feasible to sell the car as it is instead of repairing if the repair cost is too much
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- ALLAH bless you with speedy recovery, time to throw away the lawn mower PKDM Honda, and switch to a better sturdy car. -
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear fellas,

Chassis bent is a very bad news for you, do this, Get the Chassis only repaired from honda as no one will be able to bring it back to factory state other than honda, and get the dent work done outside,
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nearly every large dealer would have the chassis alignment rack, they can pull it back to shape if no part of it is torn and its pulled out cold.

the bodywork needs to be fully removed to see and measure the extent of the impact, if you say that the windshield is also cracked then the cabin is also out of square, AHL showrooms can do this because they have the data and rack - but its not cheap.

Some large/upscale bodywork repair shops also have this rack - you can ask them to straighten it out for you.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Without pics no one can judge the damaged and if it is repairable or not!
    So post pics , else we can't help you or you may be misguided , chassis repair means car is gone its totalled
    this would give you some idea. The bend isnt clear here but it did few inches.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    may ALLAH bless you and give you full recovery.

considering your description the car does seem to be a basket case... only solution would need a chassis alignment rack... and i dont think its something common.... i would suggest getting an estimate from honda at least... and some mechanics.... keep in mind resale is shot... so may be feasible to sell the car as it is instead of repairing if the repair cost is too much
    i dont think my dad would let me sell it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    - ALLAH bless you with speedy recovery, time to throw away the lawn mower PKDM Honda, and switch to a better sturdy car. -
    corolla it is

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    nearly every large dealer would have the chassis alignment rack, they can pull it back to shape if no part of it is torn and its pulled out cold.

the bodywork needs to be fully removed to see and measure the extent of the impact, if you say that the windshield is also cracked then the cabin is also out of square, AHL showrooms can do this because they have the data and rack - but its not cheap.

Some large/upscale bodywork repair shops also have this rack - you can ask them to straighten it out for you.
    kindly let me know where is AHL showroom? Though the car will be in running condition in a week according to mechanic but chassis is still a concern... Moreover, the car was slow, or else some major losses would have occurred. it was around 20-30km/h

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chassis maybe have not might suffer much but it will always have alignment issues etc!
    But it is repairable damage (not to original) better option is to sell it as it is
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kindly let me know where is AHL showroom? Though the car will be in running condition in a week according to mechanic but chassis is still a concern... Moreover, the car was slow, or else some major losses would have occurred. it was around 20-30km/h
    AHL - Atlas Honda, any large scale honda showroom has that rack - there were 3 in Karachi alone. It can pull the car to correct shape,

how is the undercarriage?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List