7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy honda city cranks but not start

aoa members how r u ..i have city 1999 exi which is efi i have a issue which went away itself and arouse again .. sometimes when i park the car turn off the ignition and temperature niddle at half(optimal temperature) ... the car wont start again ... it cranks but it wont start . then i need to wait for sometimes to decrease temperature ...about 5 to 10 minutes then starts normally

NOTE:
    Current is there in every cable while cranking i have checked it.
    injectors working fully when i drive the car at 160 no jerking or something else
    plugs changed 15 days ago
    no oil reduction
    no any smoke
    no any water mixing
    dry plugs
    no sign of gasket blown

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your issue is due to the heat produced in Engine Bay. When the plugs while cranking does not get the sufficient current, the problem you mentioned arise. Bro in my opinion you should get checked the following:

1.Ignition coil
    2. Plug Cables

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The main problem is with your engine block or head gasket.

Please checked that either plugs are wet with water or coolant that you using in car or not. It seams that engine block is now completed its age. So water is accumulating near plug and hence no start.

Please check also fuel pump and filter. It might be that petrol is not coming to engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would tend to agree with @galant1 about the petrol not coming to the engine. In EFI cars when the ignition switch is turned to ON position (oil/charge/seat belt etc lights lit) but not cranking, the fuel pump runs for about 2-3 seconds sending the petrol to the injectors. When the engine is cranked, it fires right away since enough fuel is already there. In your case, my guess is that adequate amount of fuel is not getting to the engine. The right thing to do is to measure the amount of fuel getting to the injectors during the short 2-3 second burst. On the other hand you could try replacing the fuel filter/pump if it has not been done over the last 40,000km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plugs are dry i have already mentioned that no oil reducation and water mixing with oil and no air bubble in radiator means gasket is safe and no wet plugs....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    I would tend to agree with @galant1 about the petrol not coming to the engine. In EFI cars when the ignition switch is turned to ON position (oil/charge/seat belt etc lights lit) but not cranking, the fuel pump runs for about 2-3 seconds sending the petrol to the injectors. When the engine is cranked, it fires right away since enough fuel is already there. In your case, my guess is that adequate amount of fuel is not getting to the engine. The right thing to do is to measure the amount of fuel getting to the injectors during the short 2-3 second burst. On the other hand you could try replacing the fuel filter/pump if it has not been done over the last 40,000km.
    if petrol is not coming why its start at morning and at low temperature if injectors is the culprit then it should misfire at high pedal but it does not... in opinion it is electrical issue (may be) but one thing confuse me that when i crank the engine pulleys are rotating means starter is doing its work ... then ki maut pay gayi ae

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar need your precious comments on this

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If engine is getting petrol, then check the current in the plugs wires. If there is current check fuel pump fuses and relay present right above the kick panel of passenger side. Have you hear the tick sound when you put the ignition to 3rd stage before doing starting the car. The tik sound will be gone right after some sec. Its shows fuel pump relay is also working.

If all things are right then your engine block is worn out and water is present near the plugs and causing no start situation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    aoa members how r u ..i have city 1999 exi which is efi i have a issue which went away itself and arouse again .. sometimes when i park the car turn off the ignition and temperature niddle at half(optimal temperature) ... the car wont start again ... it cranks but it wont start . then i need to wait for sometimes to decrease temperature ...about 5 to 10 minutes then starts normally

NOTE:
    Current is there in every cable while cranking i have checked it.
    injectors working fully when i drive the car at 160 no jerking or something else
    plugs changed 15 days ago
    no oil reduction
    no any smoke
    no any water mixing
    dry plugs
    no sign of gasket blown
    Carry out Tappet adjustment
    Also, check valve timing
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> If you smell no unburned fuel fumes at the tailpipe when cranking the engine that would tell you the engine is not getting any fuel. The fault may be a bad pump, or it could be a bad fuel pump relay, fuse or wiring connection.
    Another way to tell if a no-start is due to no fuel is to spray some petrol into throttle body. If the engine starts, runs a few seconds, then dies, it has spark and compression but is not getting any fuel from the fuel pump.
    If you have installed cng in your vehicle then check emulator & its wiring, it might have not worked for a while being heated up due to loose connection or dry solder joints in circuit.<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altin 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-marginin; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List