Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any Honda Guru?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Any Honda Guru?

    I have a Honda City A/T 2009, petrol. My car is giving me a 8-9km/ltr mileage. It used to give me a consistent 10-11km/ltr till 7months before.

    3months before: I had changed all fuilds and filters from Honda. And Honda also checked everything and couldn't figure out the problem maybe and gave my car back and said everything was okay.

    Please let me know what should I do? @Xulfiqar


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    please let us know the mileage of car?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    please let us know the mileage of car?
    61,600kms. Its also possible that the guy who sold this car to me 1.5yrs back may have decreased the mileage too.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @SER_GTR @argtr65 @syncview @rustam54 something seriously wrong with the LAWN MOWER
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    61,600kms. Its also possible that the guy who sold this car to me 1.5yrs back may have decreased the mileage too.
    It might be. Have to change the fuel filter (petrol filter)? Have you checked the status of fuel injectors?

    It might be that your driving style changed?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    It might be. Have to change the fuel filter (petrol filter)? Have you checked the status of fuel injectors?

    It might be that your driving style changed?
    Changed the faulty Fuel Pump few days back. Can you suggest the best mechanic from whom I can have fuel injectors checked?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @SER_GTR @argtr65 @syncview @rustam54 something seriously wrong with the LAWN MOWER
    Lawn Mower?

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    Changed the faulty Fuel Pump few days back. Can you suggest the best mechanic from whom I can have fuel injectors checked?
    I am taking about petrol filter which is also called fuel filter not fuel pump.

    Change the fuel filter (petrol filter) located in engine bay to oem one.

    The only way to clean the injector is ultrasonic injector cleaner.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    I am taking about petrol filter which is also called fuel filter not fuel pump.

    Change the fuel filter (petrol filter) located in engine bay to oem one.

    The only way to clean the injector is ultrasonic injector cleaner.
    Can you please suggest a mechanic in Karachi who can do this job? Roughly how much would it cost?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    Can you please suggest a mechanic in Karachi who can do this job? Roughly how much would it cost?
    I wouldn't know the mechanic in karachi because I am located in Islamabad. I will suggest you to go 3s and ask them to check the fuel filter- petrol one and injector cleaning works.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    argtr65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,645
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Things that can make a car thirstier than normal:

    01) Dirty / clogged air filter.
    02) Incorrect ignition timing.
    03) Under-inflated tyres (higher rolling resistance).
    04) Binding brakes.
    05) Leaking fuel injectors.
    06) Blowing exhaust system.
    07) Faulty MAF (mass air flow meter).
    08) Faulty CTS (coolant temperature sensor).
    08) Faulty o2 sensor (Lambda).
    09) Thermostat stuck open, or removed by some dodgy mechanic. Over cooled engine.
    10) Split / perished vacuum hoses, engine drawing in unmetered air.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by argtr65 View Post
    Things that can make a car thirstier than normal:

    01) Dirty / clogged air filter.
    02) Incorrect ignition timing.
    03) Under-inflated tyres (higher rolling resistance).
    04) Binding brakes.
    05) Leaking fuel injectors.
    06) Blowing exhaust system.
    07) Faulty MAF (mass air flow meter).
    08) Faulty CTS (coolant temperature sensor).
    08) Faulty o2 sensor (Lambda).
    09) Thermostat stuck open, or removed by some dodgy mechanic. Over cooled engine.
    10) Split / perished vacuum hoses, engine drawing in unmetered air.
    I doubt that any 3S Honda technician would be able to understand even half of the list. Can you pin point only 'major' causes so then I can have it checked.

    Thankyou

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    I have a Honda City A/T 2009, petrol. My car is giving me a 8-9km/ltr mileage. It used to give me a consistent 10-11km/ltr till 7months before.

    3months before: I had changed all fuilds and filters from Honda. And Honda also checked everything and couldn't figure out the problem maybe and gave my car back and said everything was okay.

    Please let me know what should I do? @Xulfiqar

    Relax. Its normal consumption for within city with AC. This vehicle (The Automatic version) greatly depends on driving style. And even more dependant on quality of fuel.

    How about you throw in some High Octane of about Rs. 2000 and drive for a day or two and then observe. The experiment might surprise you.


    Example, I own this car since 2009. Never have i had a long route mileage of more than 15KM/L.(driven at 120). Last ISB visit, I drove it at 100 km/L and it gave me an average of 19.2

    And for those reading and thinking the ODO is not accurate, well I drive 185's. After correction of actual distance traveled (accommodating diameter of a 175/65 and a 185/65) and actual fuel consumed, the ODO is as accurate as Mathematics can get.

    How come people blame the ODO for inaccuracy when its actually calculating on millisecond duty cycle of injector???? You think you can be more accurate??


    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @SER_GTR @argtr65 @syncview @rustam54 something seriously wrong with the LAWN MOWER
    Sir aesay dil na torain ghreebon ka.

    This LAWN MOWER is pretty intelligent. Even the body electrical system has an MICU on CAN bus. Thats pretty HIGH TECH for a LAWN MOWER. and when compared to other local assembled cars :-)
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Relax. Its normal consumption for within city with AC. This vehicle (The Automatic version) greatly depends on driving style.

    Example, I own this car since 2009. Never have i had a long route mileage of more than 15. Last ISB visit, I drove it at 100 km/L and it gave me an average of 19.2

    And for those reading and thinking the ODO is not accurate, well I drive 185's. After actual distance traveled correction (accomodating diameter of a 175/65 and a 185/65) and actual fuel consumed, the ODO is as accurate as Mathematics can get.

    How come people blame the ODO for inaccuracy when its actually calculating on millisecond duty cycle of injector???? You think you can be more accurate??




    Sir aesay dil na torain ghreebon ka.

    This LAWN MOWER is pretty intelligent sir ge. Even the electrical system has an MICU. Thats pretty HIGH TECH for a LAWN MOWER. and when compared to other local assembled cars :-)
    Rustam, I used to get 10-11kms/ltr on the same route some 7months ago. How come before it used to give 11kms with AC and now not even 9kms without AC

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Please add. Choked clogged Cat converter to argtr given list
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    Rustam, I used to get 10-11kms/ltr on the same route some 7months ago. How come before it used to give 11kms with AC and now not even 9kms without AC
    Have you ever thought about the fact that your frequently visited (PSO,SHELL, CALTEX whatever) petrol pump would have changed its quality of supplied fuel??


    I stay well clear of Shell. It literally chokes my car. Every shell pump i use. Ditto effect.



    I know my method of going about the problem is a little rumourish than proper diagnosis. But I have had my fair share with this City. It just is unpredictable.

    Change your petrol station. Drop in some high octane. Keep a light foot. and you'll feel a little better.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Have you ever thought about the fact that your frequently visited (PSO,SHELL, CALTEX whatever) petrol pump would have changed its quality of supplied fuel??


    I stay well clear of Shell. It literally chokes my car. Every shell pump i use. Ditto effect.



    I know my method of going about the problem is a little rumourish than proper diagnosis. But I have had my fair share with this City. It just is unpredictable.

    Change your petrol station. Drop in some high octane. Keep a light foot. and you'll feel a little better.
    Okay. Will give it a go. I always used Shell (the one on Shahra-e-Faisal, next to Embassy Inn hotel).

    Will prob try PSO (Company Operated ones).

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Please add. Choked clogged Cat converter to argtr given list
    No Vaccum gauge test - Means it didnt happen as yet. The EGR coupled with a MAP sensor (when there is already a MAF present for fueling) is only to check exhaust pressure when you let go of accelerator.

    Would have thrown a DTC by now. If not that, than a decreased efficiency would have been read by combo of primary and secondary O2.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    aminurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    No Vaccum gauge test - Means it didnt happen as yet. The EGR coupled with a MAP sensor (when there is already a MAF present for fueling) is only to check exhaust pressure when you let go of accelerator.

    Would have thrown a DTC by now. If not that, than a decreased efficiency would have been read by combo of primary and secondary O2.
    Rustam, should I look into any points mentioned in the list above? Whats your opinion?

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rustam54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    Rustam, should I look into any points mentioned in the list above? Whats your opinion?
    These are general guidelines. I'll mark the ones that you need to consider. The rest are as much important but the likelihood is less in your vehilce.

    01) Dirty / clogged air filter. (Highly Plausible)
    02) Incorrect ignition timing. (Unless you ever have had CNG with an emulator, not possible)
    03) Under-inflated tyres (higher rolling resistance). (Highly Plausible. Check Once a Week)
    04) Binding brakes. (May or may not be)
    05) Leaking fuel injectors. (Plausible, but the system would have corrected itself partially with some negative trim. )
    06) Blowing exhaust system. (Plausible, but need compression test. At 60k with sane driving and maintenance, unlikely)
    07) Faulty MAF (mass air flow meter). (ECM CEL expected )
    08) Faulty CTS (coolant temperature sensor). (Not plausible)
    08) Faulty o2 sensor (Lambda). (Not plausible. This car has 2 of those. Although both are for different purposes but one can tell if other one is okay)
    09) Thermostat stuck open, or removed by some dodgy mechanic. Over cooled engine. (Not plausible)
    10) Split / perished vacuum hoses, engine drawing in unmetered air (Not plausible, Expect a fluctuating idle and probably a CEL here)
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •