Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Heating Problem Honda City 2000

Asalam alikum..

My honda city 2000 d15b having strange problem, some times it heats in traffic jam, and when i get away from traffic jam it becomes cool.. I m unable to find the actuall problem.. but when i check the radiator it requires coolant.. i just refile from tap water and start drive again.. and when i discuss from my mohalla mechanic he said that radiator is choke.. I just wants to know the actuall problem..

One more thing is that i put 2 liter of toyota's coolant made in USA almost 3 months before this problem and now i think there is no sign of coolant in radiator..

2nd i wants to know that is there any valve which opens n close to regulate coolant from radiator to engine or engine to radiator which is not opening..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is there any who can help me..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uk.usmankhan View Post
    Is there any who can help me..?
    did u get any work done on your cooling system recently?
    if yes check for Air in the system.
    Is the cooling fan working? have you checked that?? car heating up at traffic jams and cooling while moving is most probably a bad cooling fan function.
    start thr car when its cold,open the radiator cap..press the throttle and check if u have foaming or continuous bubbles popping out??
    Yes there is a valve that opens to allow water from the radiator to circulate in the engine when the engine achieves a certain temperature( different for different cars)
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    did u get any work done on your cooling system recently?
    if yes check for Air in the system.
    Is the cooling fan working? have you checked that?? car heating up at traffic jams and cooling while moving is most probably a bad cooling fan function.
    start thr car when its cold,open the radiator cap..press the throttle and check if u have foaming or continuous bubbles popping out??
    Yes there is a valve that opens to allow water from the radiator to circulate in the engine when the engine achieves a certain temperature( different for different cars)
    First of all thanks for the reply..

No work Done on colling system..
    Fans are working automatically..

plz tell me that how to & from where to press throttle..?
    is it possible that valve is not opening at certain temperature..? what is the remedy for that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother open your car bonnet when cold ... Open radiator fill water to full level and then start car .... Ask someone to press pedal till 1500-2000 rpm and u should look for bubbles in radiator ..

Note::::::After water filling very small amount of buuble created for sometime which is normal..if bubble forming is clear and huge then there is gasket issue.if not then some another issue

I hv 99/city with same engine if gasket is safe and bubble are not producing then i can guide u through the genuine piping scheme

Note::::: keep safety for radiator inspection...radiator becomes hotter after 5 to 10min after start

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@uk.usmankhan

First check the radiator cap and thermostat. Then check all coolant pipes, it might be that coolant is leaking?

As you said fans are working automatically it means fans are working properly.

In order to check the gasket, open the radiator cap in cold morning, fill the radiator with water and in resorvior if less, then start the car in cold morning, if water/coolant shout out from radiator opening, its means head gasket has gone. This is one of the best option of checking the head gasket problem.

Also water/coolant is reducing there is sign of headgasket failure or your block is ending now.

First check the that I said to you and update us with results here.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @uk.usmankhan

First check the radiator cap and thermostat. Then check all coolant pipes, it might be that coolant is leaking?

As you said fans are working automatically it means fans are working properly.

In order to check the gasket, open the radiator cap in cold morning, fill the radiator with water and in resorvior if less, then start the car in cold morning, if water/coolant shout out from radiator opening, its means head gasket has gone. This is one of the best option of checking the head gasket problem.

Also water/coolant is reducing there is sign of headgasket failure or your block is ending now.

First check the that I said to you and update us with results here.
    I will check it tomorrow, if its a gaskit problem so what should i do..? Should i replace that..? Which brand..? Or original one is avaiable in karachi's market..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

another method to check is by removing the oil dipstick or the oil cover on the engine head and check if the oil is creamy white..its a sure shot sign of a blown gasket..however minor leak in gasket may be missed..try the bubbling method first..if u cant figure out still i would suggest you to consult a mechanic before u end up damaging the engine block..if gasket is damaged Replace it if not still do the following to prevent further damage..
    get the radiator serviced and leaked fixed
    put in an oem cap if old one is worn out
    look for cracked rubber tubing and replace as required.
    plus check for the speed of the cooling fan.its just that it is working but at a slower speed..
    never use tap water..use caltex red coolant premixed form..
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    another method to check is by removing the oil dipstick or the oil cover on the engine head and check if the oil is creamy white..its a sure shot sign of a blown gasket..however minor leak in gasket may be missed..try the bubbling method first..if u cant figure out still i would suggest you to consult a mechanic before u end up damaging the engine block..if gasket is damaged Replace it if not still do the following to prevent further damage..
    get the radiator serviced and leaked fixed
    put in an oem cap if old one is worn out
    look for cracked rubber tubing and replace as required.
    plus check for the speed of the cooling fan.its just that it is working but at a slower speed..
    never use tap water..use caltex red coolant premixed form..
    Today when i open the cap of radiator it was tight and i feel that there is pressure in radiator.. it sounds like phuk.. jaisay koi cheez air tight hoti hai.. what does it means..? I will check tomorrow morning what all you people said, then reply you..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will check it tomorrow, if its a gaskit problem so what should i do..? Should i replace that..? Which brand..? Or original one is avaiable in karachi's market..?
    @uk.usmankhan

Gasket can be replaced.

Use only Honda genuine oem steel gasket not cardboard one. Most of the market has cardboard gasket which is useless and fake. The original and genuine head gasket in your car is steel head gasket.

The original steel head gasket can be bought from 3s dealership Honda company- It would be expensive but has worth. Use only original oem steel head gasket and give proper torque according to oem values when tight the head to block after head gasket placement.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Urgent reply needs.. going to change gasket, can any one guide me about cost? Cost about genuine gasket and replacement (Labour ) charges. My ustad at Ishaq Autos, Hyderi, Karachi said that estimated cost is near about 4k to 5k..

Any one plz guide me.. ASAP..

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Urgent reply needs.. going to change gasket, can any one guide me about cost? Cost about genuine gasket and replacement (Labour ) charges. My ustad at Ishaq Autos, Hyderi, Karachi said that estimated cost is near about 4k to 5k..

Any one plz guide me.. ASAP..

Thanks
    Only go for steel OEM Headgasket and don't go for cardboard head gasket which is crap and useless. Also ask mechanic to provide the proper torque when head is place on gasket. That's the only advice for you for proper work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Only go for steel OEM Headgasket and don't go for cardboard head gasket which is crap and useless. Also ask mechanic to provide the proper torque when head is place on gasket. That's the only advice for you for proper work.
    Today i visit plaza Karachi, nasir autos shows me gasket for my d15b original one @3800/- made in Japan.. China one @3200/- boths are steel made.. But at the packet of China one, made in Thailand was printed..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today i visit plaza Karachi, nasir autos shows me gasket for my d15b original one @3800/- made in Japan.. China one @3200/- boths are steel made.. But at the packet of China one, made in Thailand was printed..
    I don't believe on these gaskets available in market, most of them are fake.

The original oem steel head gasket can be bought from 3s dealership in karachi and its cost is 5500/ not 3800. So choice is your's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't believe on these gaskets available in market, most of them are fake.

The original oem steel head gasket can be bought from 3s dealership in karachi and its cost is 5500/ not 3800. So choice is your's.
    OK.. Thanks for guiding me.. So first I have buy it my self from Honda 3s, then go to mechanic.. But someone told me that Nasir Autos deals in honda's original spares.. ALLAH knows better..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK.. Thanks for guiding me.. So first I have buy it my self from Honda 3s, then go to mechanic.. But someone told me that Nasir Autos deals in honda's original spares.. ALLAH knows better..
    @uk.usmankhan

I don't believe on local shops that are claiming such things that you said in earlier posts.

First call 3s and ask them about head gasket for your car and I recommend you to check the car at 3s and then do repair them also. All parts are genuine and orignal in 3s dealer. So I am recommend you to go 3s.

For contact of 3s go to below link

Honda | Pakistan | Contact Us | 3S Dealership

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello,

Here's you go.

a. Your immediate problem is cooling fan, now the radiator. Because the car heats up only when stationary not when moving thus the air flow volume is primary concern.

b. You mentioned that the radiator needs refilling; now that is only possible when the system is loosing water somewhere. coolant can not just disappear !
    First try to find out where the system is loosing water from and then fix the problem.

Asalam alikum..

My honda city 2000 d15b having strange problem, some times it heats in traffic jam, and when i get away from traffic jam it becomes cool.. I m unable to find the actuall problem.. but when i check the radiator it requires coolant.. i just refile from tap water and start drive again.. and when i discuss from my mohalla mechanic he said that radiator is choke.. I just wants to know the actuall problem..

One more thing is that i put 2 liter of toyota's coolant made in USA almost 3 months before this problem and now i think there is no sign of coolant in radiator..

2nd i wants to know that is there any valve which opens n close to regulate coolant from radiator to engine or engine to radiator which is not opening..?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman108 View Post
    Hello,

Here's you go.

a. Your immediate problem is cooling fan, now the radiator. Because the car heats up only when stationary not when moving thus the air flow volume is primary concern.

b. You mentioned that the radiator needs refilling; now that is only possible when the system is loosing water somewhere. coolant can not just disappear !
    First try to find out where the system is loosing water from and then fix the problem.
    In this thread some one told me that check the radiator's bubbles.. So I check and found little bubbles.. And when I opens the radiator's cap it sounds like (puckh) like air tight.. So I think engine makes pressure.. I told my mechanic he said gasket issue..

Fans are Woking automatically, radiator not leaking..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

***** has nothing to do with radiator help.

You need to check 2 things now.

a. Drain the radiator and see if there are any formation of oil in it ? It will appear as shiny surface.
    b. When you change engine oil, or maybe the dipstick too, check if the engine oil is frothy / foamy.

If any of the two are true, then it is a gasket PRESSURE issue. there are two ways of fixing it which I will tell you once you perform the above tests.

In this thread some one told me that check the radiator's bubbles.. So I check and found little bubbles.. And when I opens the radiator's cap it sounds like (puckh) like air tight.. So I think engine makes pressure.. I told my mechanic he said gasket issue..

Fans are Woking automatically, radiator not leaking..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman108 View Post
    ***** has nothing to do with radiator help.

You need to check 2 things now.

a. Drain the radiator and see if there are any formation of oil in it ? It will appear as shiny surface.
    b. When you change engine oil, or maybe the dipstick too, check if the engine oil is frothy / foamy.

If any of the two are true, then it is a gasket PRESSURE issue. there are two ways of fixing it which I will tell you once you perform the above tests.
    Engine oil is not foamy.. Radiator not check yet.. But one more thing I wanna tell u that engine is not heating from last 10 to 15 days.. Radiator just reduce water almost 200ml or may b 250ml a glass of water..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List