Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down Dilemma of new model Honda City

Asalam-o-Alaikum All,

As we all know about rumors about upcoming new model Honda City. Lets say even this new model hit Pakistan then it won't be a new thing. Because worldwide Honda retains its same old engine of 1.5L BUT with new CVT transmission known as Earth Dream.

Obviously Honda Pakistan have to offer 1.3L car so they would be using same 1.3L engine with same old manual 5 speed transmission, which would be like old soul in new body. (Same like Indus Toyota did in 1.3L category aham aham )

So in my personal opinion would it be wise to pay additional amount for just body changes? Because when new model will launch then it will be almost 1 lac higher then current one so adding Reg cost etc it would be around 1.7 Million (for Base model) and car with all Goodies .i.e. 1.5L, Earth Dream Transmission etc will cost nearing 2.0 Million (with reg.)

So why so much fuss about New model Honda city

PS: Its my personal opinion and anyone can differ with valid source of information.

"May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If we see the xli gli then these variants are also same as previous with body change why customers are paying 20 lacs for gli (incl: tax +reg+own)
    Bro every one wants a new shape here it,
    If they will launch it with same old transmission and engine then it doesn't mean that any one can stop buying it.
    Every one wants a new shape here
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it really strange thing here in pak where ppl are buying the old tech car with new body (khoha) then they want to justify the huge insane amount they paid by saying "achi gari purane model se behter hai" they are paying 18lac for ridiculous xli like seriously if IMC introduce new engine I am ready to pay that amount but with that 17 year old engine never

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The new Honda 1.3 is a DOHC Atkinson cycle engine. People here would let unqualified mechanics work on it, who would ruin it and declare it "fail technology".

The 1.5 is a GDI engine; it has also been declared a "fail technology" in Pakistan.

The Earth Dreams 1.5 is also a diesel; need I say more?

These are brilliantly designed engines, but too advanced for the current Pakistani market. When mechanics can't work on a certain car, they declare it "flop kaar" and "fail teknolagy"; people actually listen to them. Remember what happened to the Liana? The Mitsubishi Galant?

We are better off with our relatively simple i-vtec engines.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    The new Honda 1.3 is a DOHC Atkinson cycle engine. People here would let unqualified mechanics work on it, who would ruin it and declare it "fail technology".

The 1.5 is a GDI engine; it has also been declared a "fail technology" in Pakistan.

These are brilliantly designed engines, but too advanced for the current Pakistani market. When mechanics can't work on a certain car, they declare it "flop kaar" and "fail teknolagy"; people actually listen to them. Remember what happened to the Liana? The Mitsubishi Galant?

couldn't agree more with mechanic thingy but honda user mostly preffer to get the work done from 3s and there they will find better mechanic the liana got the lable of failed was that even suzuki 3s mechanic are dumb and are pretty familiar with old tech engine and galant case was pretty much the same

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ That's correct, usually Honda owners prefer from 3S dealerships. I guess even if dealerships can't work on newer engines then its sad.

Diesel variant is launched in India with name i-DTEC where as in Honda Malaysia it is Earth Dream launched with top of the line model class "V" and/or "E". The Earth Dream is launching with 1.5L Petrol engine.

Reference: Check this detailed review video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8f6VjzRsfg
    "May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If God-Forbid Honda Pakistan launching this new Earth Dream thingy with 1.5L then model would be top-of-the-line .i.e. Aspire costing nearing about Base Model of Civic. Who would prefer city then? Atleast not me!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jo dikhta hai Wo bikta hai engine nae dikhta
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    If we see the xli gli then these variants are also same as previous with body change why customers are paying 20 lacs for gli (incl: tax +reg+own)
    Bro every one wants a new shape here it,
    If they will launch it with same old transmission and engine then it doesn't mean that any one can stop buying it.
    Every one wants a new shape here
    That's the problem, people here do not want new technology. They just want shashka, that's it! This is why Auto Manufacturer doesn't offer something new, because they know their cars gonna sale over hefty additional amount for just body changes and few crystal lights here and there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    hahahaha you summarized it all up good one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new engines are cool, but not suited for the high sulfur diesel we have in Pakistan, as for calling it fail, i think that takes a while new cars hardly go to roadside mechanics in first 2-3 years, the main thing is PROFIT indus is putting old engine in xli/gli cuz they are getting it cheap being old stock from Thailand, same is with Atlas if they are planing to offer the same engine (really good engine i must say) it would also be to keep the cost low, Atlas honda was always praised for introducing the latest models alongside or at max 6 month late from there international launches, but from 2012 it has changed, first they delayed civic, and now city at least civic was finally launched after delay, unlike city which even after delay only got a facelift ...
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post

You very nicely sum it up.

13. 23-01-2015, 05:43 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^ hahahaha @MODS your attention is needed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    btw I think I am going a bit off topic here but I couldn't stop my self from writing it "bike mai tou engine bhi dekhta" and the same altas is selling us 80 era tech in bike industry "I am still forced to ride a cg 125" which is in my view the most unpractical bike ever made in the history of pak

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    btw I think I am going a bit off topic here but I couldn't stop my self from writing it "bike mai tou engine bhi dekhta" and the same altas is selling us 80 era tech in bike industry "I am still forced to ride a cg 125" which is in my view the most unpractical bike ever made in the history of pak
    old technology yes, impractical no. it is practical, can be transformed into anything from from daily driver to milk delivery to boy racer with simple design and cheap maintenance.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    old technology yes, impractical no. it is practical, can be transformed into anything from from daily driver to milk delivery to boy racer with simple design and cheap maintenance.
    bro what practical in the bike the cg is favorite bike becoz ppl say it have good acceleration I don't believe it every day on road when I need sudden acceleration and twist throttle the bike instead giving a good acceleration lift it wheel which I don't want

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rumors are, that new model(2015) city is about to launch....any AUTHENTIC news. regarding month????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the blog post on Pakwheel's home page suggests otherwise :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thekhanlala View Post
    Asalam-o-Alaikum All,

As we all know about rumors about upcoming new model Honda City. Lets say even this new model hit Pakistan then it won't be a new thing. Because worldwide Honda retains its same old engine of 1.5L BUT with new CVT transmission known as Earth Dream.

Obviously Honda Pakistan have to offer 1.3L car so they would be using same 1.3L engine with same old manual 5 speed transmission, which would be like old soul in new body. (Same like Indus Toyota did in 1.3L category aham aham )

So in my personal opinion would it be wise to pay additional amount for just body changes? Because when new model will launch then it will be almost 1 lac higher then current one so adding Reg cost etc it would be around 1.7 Million (for Base model) and car with all Goodies .i.e. 1.5L, Earth Dream Transmission etc will cost nearing 2.0 Million (with reg.)

So why so much fuss about New model Honda city

PS: Its my personal opinion and anyone can differ with valid source of information.
    Compared to Toyota, Suzuki and other small timers, Honda Atlas is offering most advanced, powerful and yet fuel efficient engines in Pakistan. I wouldn't sweat if they reintroduce the same 1.3ltr engine from the current gen city. 73KW of Power with upto 15KM/L fuel consumption in the city. I still have to see any one challenge that in Pakistan. So stop shedding crocodile tears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List