Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down Dilemma of new model Honda City

Asalam-o-Alaikum All,

As we all know about rumors about upcoming new model Honda City. Lets say even this new model hit Pakistan then it won't be a new thing. Because worldwide Honda retains its same old engine of 1.5L BUT with new CVT transmission known as Earth Dream.

Obviously Honda Pakistan have to offer 1.3L car so they would be using same 1.3L engine with same old manual 5 speed transmission, which would be like old soul in new body. (Same like Indus Toyota did in 1.3L category aham aham )

So in my personal opinion would it be wise to pay additional amount for just body changes? Because when new model will launch then it will be almost 1 lac higher then current one so adding Reg cost etc it would be around 1.7 Million (for Base model) and car with all Goodies .i.e. 1.5L, Earth Dream Transmission etc will cost nearing 2.0 Million (with reg.)

So why so much fuss about New model Honda city

PS: Its my personal opinion and anyone can differ with valid source of information.

"May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The auto transmission offered for the 6th gen is CVT. Its not called earth dreams transmission. Earth Dreams tech is in regards to their new dohc i-vtec (+vtc) engines. So the new city either get the 5sp manual or the CVT transmission (mated to the same 1.5L engine, which as above is pretty good too).

As Honda have continued the same engine for the 6th gen city internationally, I guess they will eventually introduce the earth dreams engines in the 7th gen. (only talking about the petrol version as the diesel version is already a earth dreams engine).

Honda jazz though has got the new petrol earth dream engines in some markets like New Zealand for eg.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    Compared to Toyota, Suzuki and other small timers, Honda Atlas is offering most advanced, powerful and yet fuel efficient engines in Pakistan. I wouldn't sweat if they reintroduce the same 1.3ltr engine from the current gen city. 73KW of Power with upto 15KM/L fuel consumption in the city. I still have to see any one challenge that in Pakistan. So stop shedding crocodile tears.
    Lolz correct! Honda Altas gonna cash the stupidity of people who will "happily" accept old engines and will proudly say "dekh bhai new model liya hai". Same goes for Toyota as well for XLI/GLI.

Honda is known to launch "really" new models (including newer engines), so this doesn't goes with the reputation of Honda but again with customer-base of people who gonna accept older engine Happily - why Honda should bother anyways

Regarding the 15KM/L, it seems pointless here. Because debate is about newer vs older engine. Not Corolla vs Honda engines
    "May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List