Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Oil for Honda City 2010

Dear PakWheelers,
    My Salaam and regards to all of you. I need your expert opinion regarding engine oil in honda city 2010 Manual transmission.
    My car has driven 90,000km on Petrol and previously i have been using Honda Genuine Oil from honda pit stop shops. Recently a car dealer advised me not to use local honda genuine oil ans go for imported oils which are almost same in price. They suggested me Micking Fully Synthetic 10W40. Also Kixx and one other brand of SaudiArabia. Kindly suggest me whether to go for Imported Fully Synthetics or stay with Honda genuine oil.
    Regards and best wishes to all of you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Imported oils will not bring any magic. (this is very true. Because I have also made such choices in past).
    More people start importing the oils and hence more & more talks, recommendations & suggestions about oils. Use this oil, this is superb. Or use that oil, that is superb. Etc.
    I can enlist nearly 20 different imported oils available in Pak. But believe me these are just oils and there is nothing extra ordinary in them. More important is the timely change and fuel quality.

Hence, the more important is the Knowing that your car needs which type of engine oil?
    Honda recommends 5w-30 of SM grade for City of your model.

You can choose
    Shell HX7 5w-30 Price 2660/4L
    Total Quartz 9000 Price 2700/4L

Even then if want to choose the expensive imported and expensive ones, then choice is yours.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The only thing you need to now which viscosity the oil is recommended for Honda. SM and SN are both Okay and SN is newer and more advance than SM and also is backwards compatible. w30 and w40 is the weight which is suitable for Honda City. The digit before the "w" is not that important in Pakistan as we do not live in Siberia to see the winter rating.
    AND the most important thing is that the Oil needs to be genuine and not 2 number.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use 5W-30 API-SN or max API-SM grade oil.
    Stupid mechanics will say use 20W-50. This is stupid because 5W-30 is a thin oil compared to 20W-50.
    My father bought a civic in 2002 and we always used 5W-30 from dealership.
    The car ran brilliant and never missed a single beep till i kept it. I kept it till 175,000kms and the engine was really strong.
    I would not have never ever sold that car if it had not totaled it in a race.

Use honda oil. it is made by total but you will know it is totally original total oil.

You will get used or bad re-packed oil from shops but never from the dealership.

Also try going to a dealership. I would recommend Honda Fort on queens road for oil change or mechanical work but Honda City Sales for body work.

My father now has a 2009 civic and it has never ever missed a beep also always maintained by Honda Fort.

Honda made the car they know what you should add to the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother better oils effect your milage of the car but good oils costs for eg zic xq 5w40 is a superb machine oil ..it gives awesome milage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slakr View Post
    Brother better oils effect your milage of the car but good oils costs for eg zic xq 5w40 is a superb machine oil ..it gives awesome milage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do you know how to check quality of oil?

API rating takes care of that. The API rating tells users what the oil contains.

Honda has a 5W-30 SN grade fully synthetic oil too. That is the best oil you can buy as far as API ratings go and for these daily drivers API rating should be the only thing to look at and of course the viscosity.

I have used Liqui Moly 5W-30 API-SN grade oil with their best of the best oil additive "ceratec". It did not do sh*t.

Weham ka koi ilaaj nai aur having a solid perception about OEM products uss ka be koi ilaaj nai.

I used Toyota's thai made oil filter in my 660cc car with Honda's 5W-30 SM grade oil. I change it after 2500kms. Peace of mind is extremely important for me.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List