Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow Honda City 2005 Transmission issues

Dear all,

is there anyone could please help me out, i have purchased Honda City 2005 Vario (Automatic Transmission) couple of weeks ago. on last Thursday when i left for office it was in 2nd gear but got neutral. same was happened on next day it did the same but it got stuck on 2nd gear, my mechanic told to change its gear oil it has completed its life, after changing oil i drove my car about 50 KM it was smooth but today morning once again it got neutral and than stuck in 2nd gear. is there any1 who could help me out to fix the issue i think my mechanic is not getting what exact issue is....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is ur car dropping RPM? taking jerks and vibrating when coming to stand still or on pick up?
    Moreover, can u elaborate about 2nd gear? Vario doesn't have gears like 1,2,3 so on since it is a CVT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes it drops RPM, no i don't feel any jerk. actually i don't know much about this technology (CVT) my mechanic is saying that we have to change its gear because previous user put wrong fluid in it i.e. ATF oil instead of CVTF, but when i consult previous user he said he changed his transmission oil 2 years ago so there is no question about oil that fault was due to some other reason my mechanic is not getting it on the right way. and he is saying that kabuli gear will cost us PKR 9,500/- m much confused if you could help me out plz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif.ali85 View Post
    yes it drops RPM, no i don't feel any jerk. actually i don't know much about this technology (CVT) my mechanic is saying that we have to change its gear because previous user put wrong fluid in it i.e. ATF oil instead of CVTF, but when i consult previous user he said he changed his transmission oil 2 years ago so there is no question about oil that fault was due to some other reason my mechanic is not getting it on the right way. and he is saying that kabuli gear will cost us PKR 9,500/- m much confused if you could help me out plz.
    never ever try that, yr mechanic is looting u, post yr query in ask xulifiqar thread, he is the best person to give u right advise.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

:-( could you please share URL i m trying to get this thread but unable to see where it is

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Show it to Honda 3S and get estimate. Since they have better diagnostics tools and experience with this car, they will be able to solve your problem in a better way. It may seem expensive to you, but the problem will be fully rectified and you will save all those recurring expensive on hit and trial, jugars, etc
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check the level of the fluid in the gearbox.

You should go a good workshop and have the starting clutch calibration done (specially if you or your mechanic disconnected the battery anytime recently)

the D blinking is a sign of error in the controlling of the gearbox, if you connect a scan tool it will tell you the error, it maybe a simple speed sensor fault only - but you need a scan to get that correct.

The speed sensors are hall effect sensors - not too hard to test for a good technician.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif.ali85 View Post
    you can't find vario transmission from scrape

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you mean by struck in second gear?there are no particular gears in CVT.when i had vario ..i faced little issue which was resolved by Changing fluid.Someone told me about a guy named Hassan in Gawalmandi who only work on auto gear...i can get you his no if you are interested.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List