Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City i-DSI 2006 bad mileage, in need of help

Hi,
    I recently got a Honda City 2006 I.D.S.I, I have spent almost close to 1lac rs on it. My problem is the mileage, it is giving me close to 11km/l on motorway with AC on at 120km/h average, the city mileage is even worse 9km/l with light throttle.
    I have done almost everything Imaginable in the pursuit of restoring it to it's former glory. Almost more than a year ago i was able to achieve 18km/l easily on motorway.

Here is a list of things i have done.

1- Tuning the old engine from Honda 3s.
    2- Tappet Adjustment.
    4- Cleaned the throttle body.
    3- Changed all 8 spark plugs to NGK BKR6EGP G-Power Spark Plug (Platinum Tips)
    4- Changed the Shocks front and rear to new NGK one's.
    5- Changed Front and Rear break pads.
    6- Changed The Clutch Plate.
    7- Changed the fuel filter/fuel pump.
    8- Changed the air filter several times.

All of the hard work above made a slight change but nothing like the good old days.

At the end i got tired and decided to do a complete engine swap, I opted for a L15A I.D.S.I instead of the factory O.E.M L12A. I changed the whole Assembly plus the Ignition, Ignition Coils, A.C compressor and generator And still nothing close to 18km/l.

NOTE:
    One last thing on my to-do-list is that last year i changed my rims/tires from 175/r13 Dunlops(almost no tread) to 185/r13 Hankooks, and rims from OEM to stainless steel 13 inches. Maybe this is the achilles heel here in my case.

I'd be very delighted and thankful for all the help i could get from you guys.

Regards,

One last thing. After the engine swap i noticed something new on the engine that wasn't there before for which the wiring has no connections to. It is circled in red in the following pictures.
    Honda City IDSI 2006 Bad Mileage In need of HELP! -1579708Honda City IDSI 2006 Bad Mileage In need of HELP! -1579709Honda City IDSI 2006 Bad Mileage In need of HELP! -1579710

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let the EGR valve be disconnected for a while and keep it running with the old wiring and ecu. Adjust the valve clearance to 0.30 mm (both inlet and exhaust) when the engine is hot. Next check the No.1 cylinder advance spark (it should be around 7-8 degrees BTDC at idle speed at operating temperature). In addition check the health of heated oxygen sensor 1 (upstream) with a diagnostic tool ( at 2500 rpm the oxygen sensor reading should go high (900 mv) and low (100 mv) 3 to 5 times in a second. Hopefully the defect lies somewhere here in these areas. Good Luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shadab_lodhi View Post
    Let the EGR valve be disconnected for a while and keep it running with the old wiring and ecu. Adjust the valve clearance to 0.30 mm (both inlet and exhaust) when the engine is hot. Next check the No.1 cylinder advance spark (it should be around 7-8 degrees BTDC at idle speed at operating temperature). In addition check the health of heated oxygen sensor 1 (upstream) with a diagnostic tool ( at 2500 rpm the oxygen sensor reading should go high (900 mv) and low (100 mv) 3 to 5 times in a second. Hopefully the defect lies somewhere here in these areas. Good Luck.
    Thank you so much sir, i will certainly check it out.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How To Get Mileage