7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ac thermostat problem city 99

hello members i m facing an isaue of frequent ac tripping from 2 years and couldnt find any good knowledge mechanic to sort it out ... today i took it to one mechanic long story short ... he direct the ac thermostat(two wire and he said it is auto-thermostat ) and ac worked good no tripping ....
    @Xulfiqar kiny guide me what to do ?

1)whether stock thermostat are available and i should install new one ?
    and any way to test older one or i have to install manual type thermostat in my car.

2) i red at honda boom that thermostat should be attached to 6th fin of evaporator . is ir worth ?

3) my fan blow is low mechanic suggest air leaking due to foam of ve ts is out of order

i need all the answer n i couldnt sleep right now just thoughts are coming ... kindly help me asap

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by searchingeyez View Post
    hello members i m facing an isaue of frequent ac tripping from 2 years and couldnt find any good knowledge mechanic to sort it out ... today i took it to one mechanic long story short ... he direct the ac thermostat(two wire and he said it is auto-thermostat ) and ac worked good no tripping ....
    @Xulfiqar kiny guide me what to do ?

1)whether stock thermostat are available and i should install new one ?
    and any way to test older one or i have to install manual type thermostat in my car.

2) i red at honda boom that thermostat should be attached to 6th fin of evaporator . is ir worth ?

3) my fan blow is low mechanic suggest air leaking due to foam of ve ts is out of order

i need all the answer n i couldnt sleep right now just thoughts are coming ... kindly help me asap
    I think you can test exiting thermostat. I doubt new availability. You may end up using universal thermostat.
    If it is OEM thermostat then it may effect the location as entire evap does not have same temp
    Check fan speed. If it is ok then check for alignment of your position motor so that it aligns properly to specific positions.Foam is mostly at back of vents and its easy to re do.
    @Xulfiqar I see someone like me who cant sleep of car......... Another Lucas in making....
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    I think you can test exiting thermostat. I doubt new availability. You may end up using universal thermostat.
    If it is OEM thermostat then it may effect the location as entire evap does not have same temp
    Check fan speed. If it is ok then check for alignment of your position motor so that it aligns properly to specific positions.Foam is mostly at back of vents and its easy to re do.
    @Xulfiqar I see someone like me who cant sleep of car......... Another Lucas in making....
    afnan.bashir yesterday ac worked after two years .mechanic filled the gas but i opened the honda servixe manual and it states that place the thermoatat prob to 6th grill of evaporator and 2.5 inch above from bottom .... i ask the mechanix to do zo .after this procedure old thermostat is not tripping frequently and behaving normal

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List