Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Ground clearance of the 2009 onwards city

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    car-bonized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Ground clearance of the 2009 onwards city

    I have a 13 city which is just 5000 km driven during this period i found my car to be constantly being bit from underneath. They resolved the issue in the face lifted city. So if they did raise that car by some mm its possible to raise this one. Any ideas to help me out please


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have never faced this problem in City untill or unless the passenger seats are occupied by two adults. I always say that the ground clearance of city is very good.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    zuhaibafzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    5,661
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Bro, i have driven my 2014 Aspire on every kind of roads in Pakistan. And Alhamdulilah never face such problem.

    Abhi kal ki hi bat hai apne village gaya toh road pe KHADAY thay woh bhe kafi gehray. Once i thought ke gari neche lag jay gi toh i chose another way but woh rasta block tha so i had no other option except the first one. And Alhamdulilh passed the road without any problem. We are three people on the board.

    Actually, how you drive on these kind of roads yeh bat bhe matter karti hai.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    car-bonized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    I have never faced this problem in City untill or unless the passenger seats are occupied by two adults. I always say that the ground clearance of city is very good.
    Bro since my dad was a bureaucrat i drove alot of cars. I drove alot if cities and they were all hit from underneath. At that point i blamed the drivers. I have a personal city 2013 stock 175/65 tyres. I use diagonally approach it doesnt work when u have on coming traffic. Did u changed your tyres

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    car-bonized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    I have never faced this problem in City untill or unless the passenger seats are occupied by two adults. I always say that the ground clearance of city is very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    Bro, i have driven my 2014 Aspire on every kind of roads in Pakistan. And Alhamdulilah never face such problem.

    Abhi kal ki hi bat hai apne village gaya toh road pe KHADAY thay woh bhe kafi gehray. Once i thought ke gari neche lag jay gi toh i chose another way but woh rasta block tha so i had no other option except the first one. And Alhamdulilh passed the road without any problem. We are three people on the board.

    Actually, how you drive on these kind of roads yeh bat bhe matter karti hai.
    Sir my car travels with excess people and luggage. Par logo k baghair nechay ni lagti magar phir bhi tyres k wo rubber pad lag jtay hain

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Muzammil73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,249
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    On stock size it does. When youd shift to 185 or 195/65/15 it would go away. Atleast my car never scraped from underneath after tyre change.
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onthehonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by car-bonized View Post
    Bro since my dad was a bureaucrat i drove alot of cars. I drove alot if cities and they were all hit from underneath. At that point i blamed the drivers. I have a personal city 2013 stock 175/65 tyres. I use diagonally approach it doesnt work when u have on coming traffic. Did u changed your tyres
    Nope I have stock tyres. I am talking about the following models of city I have owned till date:
    1) City 2004
    2) City 2009
    3) City 2010
    4) City 2014
    None of them had this issue.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I drive 4 different cities but 2 are fitted with chinese alloys, one with original bbs and one is aspire, yeah you have to be careful and really slow over bumps but having a khyber, it didn't feel much different(except suspension of khyber is more forgiving than city to your back, seats are another matter)
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I was having the same problem as we are 6 family members, i could cross speed breaker in dead slow speed without/very minor hit underneath. Then i changed tyres 195/65/15R and now problem has solved. Now it hits underneath with 6 people only if cross speed breaker in speed more than 5-6km/h

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    car-bonized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    I was having the same problem as we are 6 family members, i could cross speed breaker in dead slow speed without/very minor hit underneath. Then i changed tyres 195/65/15R and now problem has solved. Now it hits underneath with 6 people only if cross speed breaker in speed more than 5-6km/h
    bro i drive in dha because of my college being there my car never got scraped but the mud guards were getting.hit there. but besides dha i went in galis and all other places and faced this issue. but ultimately i would like to get a picture to see of your car how much raised it is.. would you ? because i checked out an other guy friend of mine who said it didnt.work.for. him

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    car-bonized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    im still curious to know how people who modify rides lower their cars if they lower it surely would know to raise it

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ground clearance of the 2009 onwards city -1596860

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •