Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2009 Honda City A/C problem (Mist+ reduced air flow)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question 2009 Honda City A/C problem (Mist+ reduced air flow)

I have a 2009 Honda City 1.3 Ivtec with 32,000 kms on the dial. Only recently, during Eid, I was driving on the motorway, I noticed odourless mist coming out of my A/C vents with reduced airflow with slightly reduced cooling. I had the A/C fan speed set on '2'. The A/C fan speed is normal when the car A/C is used after a 2 hour break but air flow speed is reduced after a 30 mins of use A/C use. The A/C cools perfectly at night. I would appreciate your help in this regard as I plan to take my car to Honda dealership to troubleshoot the problem. Your valuable advice could help me reduce repair/diagnosis cost. Thanks again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faulty temperature sensor under the dash board....which causes icing on the gas lines and gas cant circulate properly leading to low cooling.......i had this problem in my 2010 city and it was changed under warrenty. ...but before they changed it they forced me to get an ac service by them just to eliminate other factors while they knew what the problem was and they said city has this problem that the temperature sensor goes bust. ....this could be a long shot or ur ac just needs service

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali15144 View Post
    Faulty temperature sensor under the dash board....which causes icing on the gas lines and gas cant circulate properly leading to low cooling.......i had this problem in my 2010 city and it was changed under warrenty. ...but before they changed it they forced me to get an ac service by them just to eliminate other factors while they knew what the problem was and they said city has this problem that the temperature sensor goes bust. ....this could be a long shot or ur ac just needs service
    Faulty Evaporator temperature sensor is the reason..Get it changed from honda 3s..Very Very common problem in honda city and civic as well!
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many, many thanks for your prompt response. I've talked to the Honda 3S and they've advised me the same....along with A/C service, of course. Total expenses are R.s 9000 in total. Its a total rip off but I've got no choice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorx View Post
    Many, many thanks for your prompt response. I've talked to the Honda 3S and they've advised me the same....along with A/C service, of course. Total expenses are R.s 9000 in total. Its a total rip off but I've got no choice.
    It is a ripoff but u have no other choice..The expense can be much less if they have a working freon capture device that saves ur ac gas in it and then they pump the same gas in it again..saves u around 3000Rs..But most honda workshops are reluctant to use it..Make sure u test the new sensor before paying them!
    Powered by Honda R18

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure, I'll get it tested before paying them if it needs replacement. Just an update that I've just come back from driving the car. The A/C was cooling and tripping normally with no mist. I'll still have the A/C serviced anyway as I haven't done so in six years. Could the mist have been due to hot and humid weather by any chance? Also, what is the price of the evaporator temperature sensor, if at all, it needs to be replaced?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorx View Post
    Sure, I'll get it tested before paying them if it needs replacement. Just an update that I've just come back from driving the car. The A/C was cooling and tripping normally with no mist. I'll still have the A/C serviced anyway as I haven't done so in six years. Could the mist have been due to hot and humid weather by any chance? Also, what is the price of the evaporator temperature sensor, if at all, it needs to be replaced?
    Mist is usually due to humidity in the air so ur right..If they quoted u 9000 for the total expenditure then my guess is the evaporator temperature sensor is for 4000 rs..because honda charges 5000 for ac service with gas!