0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default why the city??

can u plz tell me the main reasons y city (manual) is preferred by many ppl over corolla xli?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xli=crap=million rupee car that can't stop=**** manufacuring quality=pain in the *** to drive

city=bearable..........
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda CiTY's been built upon self-destruction method, yeah I know it gets worse in a crash, but in the same time it protects you by sacrificing itself.
    It doesn't matter how much you destroy it, the question is: how much safe you are, in a crash. What's your opinion anyway, either your safety comes first or your car's destruction?

To make any kind of sense, take an example, say a CiTY crashes into a wall at some 60km/h, and suffers a big damage. Then Corolla hits the wall with the same velocity but suffers lesser damage.
    Now, speeds are similar, but Corolla has more weight to CiTY, so Corolla must had greater momentum, and should have had crashed with more force. RIGHT ?

Now, we see it suffered lesser damage, but again, it hit with greater force... where did the extra impact energy escaped? Corolla distributed the extra energy through a shockwave that ran through it's whole body, seriously effecting the occupant.

On the other hand, cars those were made softer, absorb all the impact energy & do not let it generate a shockwave. These cars have flexible & soft impact points whereas, the occupant area has a rigid passenger cage for safety measure.
    CiTY follows this design. Just go & tap it's front door, they say it's Dalda tin, lower quality, cheap, bla bla bla... but actually it's been made flexible to absorb an impact.

Look where the world has gone, all higher end cars follow this dimension for passenger safety, who cares about the car! Your own safety comes first.

===================

Enough of self-destruction, now come to CiTY design,

Suppose you knock a pole down to fall on your Corolla, it will simply fall on your roof with great damage, in that case it will travel a long distance that will increase the impact force.
    In CiTY, it will fall on your hood, then the screen & then the roof, distributing the force & travelling lesser distance. Thanks to new tech, ugly looking, in-line hood-screen.

It's in-line front shape (hood - screen) provide better pedestrian safety. Actually, it won a Pedestrian Safety Award, in 2003.

CiTY has centrally mounted fuel tank, not only it puts weight at the center of gravity but also it's safer in a crash.
    It has higher passenger seats, 4X4 type, those are even safer in case of front-impact.

The interior, you don't like, is compact & distributes space cleverly. Interior design is the most difficult job in Automobile design.
    CiTY looks small but it's roomy, contrary to bulky Corolla that's so tight inside the cabin cos, CiTY is at the edge of design, very efficiently integrated usage of space. Where as Corolla is just big, bulky & simple.

===================

But yet, there are some reasons to buy Toyota: it's better in built quality, it has better resale, it's better in acceleration, and last but not least: you're a ToyoFan.

I think I should better write a whole new thread - describing every aspect of the most debated car & it's engine.
    If you ask me, it's only problem is POWER, besides, this car is a milestone to the future!
    Please help us improve Pakwheels.com: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/280118-petition-pakwheels-store-spamming

doc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think in the end everyone has their own preferences , . But i dnt think buying Xli cause of "STATUS" makes any sense.
    if u want "STATUS" buy a 7 series. not a stupid Xli.
    w0i dO p3oPL3 TyP3 L1K3 tH15 , or should i say , Di5?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@doc no bro I am gonna keep it clean from CNG inshaAllah. maybe in worst case I may put CNG but after warranty period expiration, as suggested by the Honda guys.

regards
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not know about other cars, but I am happy with my Xli since Jan2005.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Local XLi:better in build quality????Who says????I think it has the worst build quality in competition

XLI Wins hands down in resale, but so does Mehran and Cultus

XLI performance, terrible performance, no road grip, useless brakes, unstable at high speeds, terrible seats (you get back ache after driving for a while), City is little better in this regard. All this happens because of increased ride height, bad weight distribution and no ABS in XLI.

XLI got slightly more horsepower, but is also heavier than city.

XLI build quality: just take two brand new XLis white colour, park them together and their paint will have different shade, thats what we call quality?

If you want to see quality, just take a ride in JDM corollas now being imported, it outclasses all cars in competition, including the new Jap Lancer, BUT THAT IS JAP TOYOTA!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@uiv:

Thanks for explaining 2-Stage and 3-Stage VTEC to me.

I once raced my brother who was driving the 2002 Prosmatec. I had the 97 VTi (Manual). We raced till about 90 km/h after which I intentionally slowed down to keep things safe.

The 97 VTi won BIG time. By 4-5 car lengths I believe.

But then again we are comparing auto vs. manual.

I have seen many other street races between the older and the newer civics. The older ones always win. Maybe because the older ones have more Japanese content.

Or maybe Honda Atlas has cheated in the Civic case as well. Remember all this long, Honda claimed that City was 1300cc. But now we know that its 1245cc.

Maybe the newer Civics were 1400cc instead of 1600cc. And Honda Atlas just cheated by pocketing more profit. The engine for sure does not sound like a 1600cc engine. The 1997, however, does.

doc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hsnmz
    Have u booked it yet? Wht colour u going for?

@salman
    All local manufacturers are crooks.
    w0i dO p3oPL3 TyP3 L1K3 tH15 , or should i say , Di5?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@doc I'll be booking in early november inshaAllah, I am thinking about the vogue silver, 2nd choice canyon stone silver. i like the cyprus blue but its a bit harder to maintain.

regards
    Pakistan Zindabad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List