Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New to be owner of city aspire

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool New to be owner of city aspire

    Salam,
    i recently bought myself a honda city aspire prosmatic 1.3 (titanium color) and modulo kit installed. It is to be delivered on 11 Nov 2015 inshahAllah.
    This is my VERY FIRST car.. before that i had toyota corona (yes its corona not crown) 1968 model... you wont even find its pics online lolx

    anyways.. coming to the point.. hopefully i will get my car delivered in 2 days time.. ive been looking on the forums for advice on few things but there are too many opinions good and bad... hopefully someone will be able to guide me properly.
    I dont have a clue what these things are.. i found out today what these 185/65/15 stands for in terms of tyres and stuff.. so a complete newbie here.

    1. What tyre should i get? opinions ive read so far are 185/65, 195/65 and 195/60...
    2. What company and made? again opinions ive read are yokohama - Japanese made, michelin - uk made or korean made i guess, bridgestone, continental and dunlop
    3. Ive read somewhere about some sort of filter which should also be installed to protect against the dust coming inside the cabin? whats that?

    Other than that if you guys have any opinions or suggestions.. please do let me know..

    p.s i know i know, i will post the pictures when i get it
    thanks.

    /* Update */
    the car wont be coming till next week probably by 20th november... for some reason the PO got cleared a day late and the order will be processed in the next batch... like everyone else.. im gonna have to wait more than expected.
    Jazak'Allah khair.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Congratulations on the new purchase my friend!

    I bought a base model manual city a couple months ago as well. The main setback is the euro star tyres. Depending on your usage i would say go for 185/65 of any of the named brands above and you should be fine for about 40k to 50k kms.

    I do not quite get what filter you are referring to ???
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    muneebjaved71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awaixx View Post
    Salam,
    i recently bought myself a honda city aspire prosmatic 1.3 (titanium color) and modulo kit installed. It is to be delivered on 11 Nov 2015 inshahAllah.
    This is my VERY FIRST car.. before that i had toyota corona (yes its corona not crown) 1968 model... you wont even find its pics online lolx

    anyways.. coming to the point.. hopefully i will get my car delivered in 2 days time.. ive been looking on the forums for advice on few things but there are too many opinions good and bad... hopefully someone will be able to guide me properly.
    I dont have a clue what these things are.. i found out today what these 185/65/15 stands for in terms of tyres and stuff.. so a complete newbie here.

    1. What tyre should i get? opinions ive read so far are 185/65, 195/65 and 195/60...
    2. What company and made? again opinions ive read are yokohama - Japanese made, michelin - uk made or korean made i guess, bridgestone, continental and dunlop
    3. Ive read somewhere about some sort of filter which should also be installed to protect against the dust coming inside the cabin? whats that?

    Other than that if you guys have any opinions or suggestions.. please do let me know..

    p.s i know i know, i will post the pictures when i get it
    thanks.
    Jazak'Allah khair.
    Congrats on new purchase....

  4. #4
    exo
    exo is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default New to be owner of city aspire

    Congratulations on the purchase of your car!

    What you are reffering to is the cabin air filter, it doesnt come pre-installed in city.
    also the manual variant of the city doesnt come with an engine shield, which in your case wont be a problem

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exo View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase of your car!

    What you are reffering to is the cabin air filter, it doesnt come pre-installed in city.
    also the manual variant of the city doesnt come with an engine shield, which in your case wont be a problem
    Which engine shield are you talking about ???
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  6. #6
    exo
    exo is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default New to be owner of city aspire

    As said on the Honda City Fan Page

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    at ur service...again hehehe
    cabin filter tray.....its the tray which is supposed to hold the air filter for the blower and AC etc...i.e....its job is to filter the dust particles from entering into the cabin which can result in many bad things as bad odour and also damaging the interior in the long run. now every car is supposed to have it but our Honda guys have just installed the tray and not the filter in it...so what happens is we end up purchasing it from Honda or from market....they dont even provide it in zero meter cars i mean..its just like u purchase a window AC from market and it doesnt have a filter behind the front grill

    engine plastic shield.....it is a plastic shield under the engine which is supposed to protect the engine, specially the oil sump (as it is the lower most part in the engine) from minor hits from stones and bricks etc or if we accidentally run the car over something sharp etc. now the thing is that new city is coming with the engine shield in three pieces, but due to some miracle of God and a pathetic logic from Honda, the Automatic city is coming with all three pieces, whereas all Manual tranny city are coming with 2 pieces (the ones on the sides only...the center piece is missing)...cost of installation of new sheet is 700 for the sheet plus 500 for four bolts plus 500 labour i once went to get it done but when i heard that they are selling 4 bolts for 500, i came back and the logic behind securing auto engine more than manual is JUST NOT understandable to me

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exo View Post
    As said on the Honda City Fan Page
    Thanks for sharing bro. I shall check this at the earliest for my car
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so those filters or shields are something i dont have to worry about? and they come pre-installed on the aspire pros model?
    also about the tyres.. somebody was saying 185/65 is not available all the time from everywhere.. for instance.. it might not be available in remote areas and stuff like that.. plus.. they said 195/65 is better?but on forum some are saying 195/65 makes the tyres touch the sides on turning?
    im really confused..
    guys your experience is highly required here!

    jazak'Allah khair

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Faisal_Computer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kamalia
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i had used Yokohama, Dunlop, bridgeStone etc. but continental CC5 is far ahead of all. currently i am using 195/65 in my City Aspire 1.5. really enjoying it even with 5 adults on board there is no problem.... so you should go for it
    Br

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waleed80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,690
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awaixx View Post
    so those filters or shields are something i dont have to worry about? and they come pre-installed on the aspire pros model?
    also about the tyres.. somebody was saying 185/65 is not available all the time from everywhere.. for instance.. it might not be available in remote areas and stuff like that.. plus.. they said 195/65 is better?but on forum some are saying 195/65 makes the tyres touch the sides on turning?
    im really confused..
    guys your experience is highly required here!

    jazak'Allah khair
    Just remember that 195 65 15 comes stock with civic, so why do you want to punish your 1.3 with such huge tyres. It spoke ruin your fuel economy, damage the steering ends in the long run and many more things. The closest tyre size to stock city size is 195 60 15. Go for it blindly. It looks the best, feels the best and drives the best

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    this is exactly what i was thinking but im still unsure between 195/65 and 195/60... many people are suggesting 195/65 but they are all talking about aspire 1.5 and not 1.3... anyone using 1.3 can maybe help here?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awaixx View Post
    this is exactly what i was thinking but im still unsure between 195/65 and 195/60... many people are suggesting 195/65 but they are all talking about aspire 1.5 and not 1.3... anyone using 1.3 can maybe help here?
    185 65 should be sufficient buddy.
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what about the fact that this size "185/65" is not always available from everyone.... specially in rural areas or suburbs? is it true or just some selling technique?

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mehran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Congratulations on your new purchase. Drive safe and enjoy your car

    As for tyres its cool to change and get a better brand. More grip and comfort. I bought my City 2.5 years ago but didn't bother to change the tyres or get an engine shield (it starts to sag after sometime and looks ugly from front) or an air filter (I keep ventilation closed except on rainy day). So far just changed oil and filters at the requisite time from Honda. That's it!
    :-)

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    rao_hims1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have two cities at my place. The older one is 2010 model and having 195/65 sized tyres. have clocked nearly 50,000 kms now and got these tyres installed when the car was brand new. Its Bridgestone My-01. Have travelled to Punjab numerous times in this city even when the road condition in sindh was extremely bad and more than 50% of the road was running on diversions. The car is as good as new, absolutely no problems as far as the tyre recommendation is concerned. I recommend the same size to everybody and the biggest reason of this is the benefit of added ground clearance. Rest, i've seen 185/65 on most of the cities around and it looks fine too.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awaixx View Post
    what about the fact that this size "185/65" is not always available from everyone.... specially in rural areas or suburbs? is it true or just some selling technique?
    Which areas are you referring to ?
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool

    salam... guys... Alhumdulilah got my car today
    got the tyres changed as well..
    michelin tyres 195/65/15

    New to be owner of city aspire -1636559New to be owner of city aspire -1636560New to be owner of city aspire -1636561

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mashallah congratulations bro!!!
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    awaixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks will def upload some pics in the morning

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    Leo_The_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awaixx View Post
    salam... guys... Alhumdulilah got my car today
    got the tyres changed as well..
    michelin tyres 195/65/15

    New to be owner of city aspire -1636559New to be owner of city aspire -1636560New to be owner of city aspire -1636561
    Can u plz mention the price and location from where u got these tyres? What is ur opinion regarding difference in drive for stock ones and these new ones....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •