0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question City i-VTEC Prosmatec Fuel Consumption VS Manual i-VTEC

Please provide your valuable information related to City i-VTEC Prosmatec Fuel Consumption VS Manual i-VTEC Fuel Consumption ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    There*** is no mistake

when my father drives the same car on highways he manages 17-19 max, whereas on the same route and same car i manage 25

its no rocket science, city has a very helping eco guage, keep that above 20 and you are good
    Impossible bro, F11 markaz to Mandi Bahauddin total distance is 176km via GT road... If we calculate return travel, 352km total... Bhai aap meter chk karwao, i think 1km actual distance showing 2 km on panel...
    Plz chk karwayen... Aapki avg 13-14 km/litter actually calculate ho ge

Sh. Basit Ikram

Sent from my iPhone6 using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hashsohail your fuel consumption figure is quite realistic. I am a hypermiler myself, and the numbers I can hit with my auto Civic can be downright scary.
    @Retaliator your fuel consumption figure is similar my older Civic; it hits 22+ at that speed with no A/C and 2 windows opened slightly.
    @sbi05 I wonder what will you say about my highway fuel consumption figures. I only did two measured highway trips. One was 18.2 km/l and the other was a hair over 22. Did I mention my car was a 2003 VTi Prosmatec? It's torque converter is starting to show it's age, it refuses to lock up in adverse weather conditions and steep slopes.

25+ is not an otherwordly figure for a City i-VTEC Prosmatec; it's well within it's capabilities. I bet that if @hashsohail limited his speed to the 70-80 range, throwing in a few FAS's, he could have touched 30.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Impressive mileages. Are your cars on stock tire sizes?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile 195-65-15 for my car; stock size is 185/65/15.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To all the City Owners, 195/65/R15 is not a good tyre size, and I recently replaced all four tyres in my City on recommendation of Honda Certified Engineer. Actually, the reason was these tyres are heavy and was giving humming noise on high speed in my Honda City (2009 model 83k driven). So I replaced the tyres with 185/65/R15 and now the car is smooth as hell with no humming noise anymore, and I am getting mileage 16 km/h within Lahore, with a soft pedal.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    @hashsohail your fuel consumption figure is quite realistic. I am a hypermiler myself, and the numbers I can hit with my auto Civic can be downright scary.
    @Retaliator your fuel consumption figure is similar my older Civic; it hits 22+ at that speed with no A/C and 2 windows opened slightly.
    @sbi05 I wonder what will you say about my highway fuel consumption figures. I only did two measured highway trips. One was 18.2 km/l and the other was a hair over 22. Did I mention my car was a 2003 VTi Prosmatec? It's torque converter is starting to show it's age, it refuses to lock up in adverse weather conditions and steep slopes.

25+ is not an otherwordly figure for a City i-VTEC Prosmatec; it's well within it's capabilities. I bet that if @hashsohail limited his speed to the 70-80 range, throwing in a few FAS's, he could have touched 30.
    Salam,

it actually is no brainer to understand.

City is a pretty efficient car and 1.5 engine in the city is better than the 1.3 engine as 1.3 engine has to work really hard to move the car.

the figures came on with GT road driving and the rest of 300km on disgusting potholes of interior punjab roads.

i am prettty sure if one drives 70-90 on motorway he can achieve 30km/l

people hit the paddle and floor it and cruise at 110-120 on motorway and complain that the car is a fuel guzzler where as 110-130 km speed is no where close to a hypermiling speed

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Impressive mileages. Are your cars on stock tire sizes?
    stocks are 175 i guess but mine is on 185 continental tires. city suspension is very uncomfortable specially for punjab roads but tires do compensate little in the suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by sbi05 View Post
    Impossible bro, F11 markaz to Mandi Bahauddin total distance is 176km via GT road... If we calculate return travel, 352km total... Bhai aap meter chk karwao, i think 1km actual distance showing 2 km on panel...
    Plz chk karwayen... Aapki avg 13-14 km/litter actually calculate ho ge

Sh. Basit Ikram

Sent from my iPhone6 using PW Forums
    Salam,

On google map its shows 172 km but if you actually drive to mandi bahauddin via Kharian and go zig zag from rasul bairrage because the roads are a mess and you have to take a 100km extra detour from pind dadan these days because the roads are being re-done.

the to and fro trip comes up as 760km

This mileage is no brainer for anyone, as i said my city is in complete stock condition.

i get 14-16 inside islamabad where people claim to get 11-12 from 1.5 auto tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    @autophile 195-65-15 for my car; stock size is 185/65/15.
    i guess the city stock size are 175. i have continentals installed in my city which are 185 and are giving supreme efficient milage and are really comfortable tires. even though city is a very uncomfortable car but tires do make the suffering a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by saify37 View Post
    To all the City Owners, 192/65/R15 is not a good tyre size, and I recently replaced all four tyres in my City on recommendation of Honda Certified Engineer. Actually, the reason was these tyres are heavy and was giving humming noise on high speed in my Honda City (2009 model 83k driven). So I replaced the tyres with 185/65/R15 and now the car is smooth as hell with no humming noise anymore, and I am getting mileage 16 km/h within Lahore, with a soft pedal.
    yes true, 185 is the max you can go in city. that too on 1.5 engine, i am pretty sure 185 will be hard on 1.3 aswell as the city OEM recommended tire size is 175.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, please do not compare the A/T Honda City mileage with M/T, as there is a huge difference, even if you use soft pedal and max speed of 70-80, the A/T will give max 11-12 km/h within city, and on highways, this average can go to max 15-16 km/h. I have driven 2012 A/T Honda City 1.3 and now I am driving 2009 M/T Honda City 1.3, and my driving style remained same for both cars, as I avoid crazy driving and use steady acceleration. I don' think that there is so much difference in mileage of 1.3 and 1.5 M/T Honda City. My M/T is giving 16 km/h without AC within Lahore (Though mileage calculator shows 17.5 km/h most of the time, but in real calculation, its 16). I am sure I can get atleast 23-15 km/h on the Motorway, though I have not driven it on highway yet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    Salam,

City is a pretty efficient car and 1.5 engine in the city is better than the 1.3 engine as 1.3 engine has to work really hard to move the car.
    As mentioned somewhere in your posts, one can get impressive fuel average by keeping the speed below 100 kmph.
    Why do you think city 1.3L has to work really hard to keep the car moving on this speed ? Keeping in mind the very very light weight of Honda City?
    This 1.3L engine from Honda is capable of producing 100 bhp.
    There are a lot of examples in which even smaller engines are pulling heavier cars. For instance, Belta, a Japanese car comes with 1.0L engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler79 View Post
    As mentioned somewhere in your posts, one can get impressive fuel average by keeping the speed below 100 kmph.
    Why do you think city 1.3L has to work really hard to keep the car moving on this speed ? Keeping in mind the very very light weight of Honda City?
    This 1.3L engine from Honda is capable of producing 100 bhp.
    There are a lot of examples in which even smaller engines are pulling heavier cars. For instance, Belta, a Japanese car comes with 1.0L engine.
    salam,

i aint no scientist. but i have driven 1.3 and 1.5.

and believe me the 1.5 feels just right and does not need to work that hard as compared to 1.3 auto.

i have not driven manual so i dont know about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Azeem Rajput

Hi guys,
    Im using honda city 1.3 Prosmatec Auto 2016 and fuel avg. Is 9.8 hell!!! What should I do? plz help me...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by azimrao View Post
    Hi guys,
    Im using honda city 1.3 Prosmatec Auto 2016 and fuel avg. Is 9.8 hell!!! What should I do? plz help me...
    Thats how it is

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want economy...manual all the way.

Pakistan zindabad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List