Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Honda city 2015 manual ivtec top speed and control on high speed and engine power.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Honda city 2015 manual ivtec top speed and control on high speed and engine power.

AOA,
    Dear All Honda City 2015 owners, i would like to have your opinions about Manual Ivtec-1300cc base model top speed and
    control on high speeds.
    How is the engine power and noise on high speeds in cabin ? As i have come to know and read some comments that this car is under powered somewhat. i shall be highly regarded on your replies.

I have booked my car and will get in January Insha Allah.

Br,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which tyres you are using bro... and what is mileage..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aristotal1 View Post
    well bro..
    i have city, 1.3 ivtec.. may 2015, urban titanium
    drove it at 170-180..
    the car was v. stable and in control
    regards
    Which tyres u are using bro and what ia mileage of car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

200 km/h 1.5 on motorway , tyre were continental cc5 car is stable till 180 but afterwards it feels as i was in air floating smoothley hahah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had city 1.3 2009 model, sold it a few weeks ago, the car does NOT feel underpowered! In fact just the opposite. Obviously you cant touch 200 in it but for a 1.3L car I think the power is sufficient. I took mine to Murree, which is at an elevation of 2400 meters and it went without any problems, there were also 3 people in the car. The only issue which i had with the car was that at speeds of 120 Km/h the car's RPM would reach 4, this might not sound like a lot but the engine tends to get a bit noisy at that speed. Otherwise I think this car has an excellent engine, which gives both economy and power.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tested my city '15 1.3 Manual once, it was stable till 150-160 km/h after that it was almost floating and the cabin wasn't noise less.

Honda city 2015 manual ivtec top speed and control on high speed and engine power. - 11947395 10207030673662424 7238863459626944475 n?ohb3cb5460cf7cfc53e69e426fcb3cccfb
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal_Computer View Post
    i have 1.5 Aspire. top speed is 197Km.

emergency breaks work well till 120 or you can say 130 ( handleable in normal conditions ) with CC5 195-65 tyre profile 2 person on board
    140 to 150 breaks work fine or you can say just ok with CC5 195-65 tyre profile 2 person on board
    i was on 190 suddenly mehran guy change his lane without indicator and that moment was horrible. i pressed break pedal and from few MicroSec i feel like my feet or break pedal is jammed with with each other and i was trying to take my feet off but that few little moment i was unable to do. don't know the reason but ALLAH save us. we were 2 person on board was just trying to cross 197 we were on motorway M2.
    so i Believe Aspire or Ivtec both break as same. Do not Drive Above than 120 or maximum 140.

about handling is good enough till 180. i drive about 50 Min continuously on 180km ( plus, Minus 10km ) so it's good. but when Allah Na kare you have press hard break for sure will be in huge huge trouble !!

Br
    You were lucky. Putting two lives at risk is not a good idea or for that matter putting any life at risk is not a good idea.

Also, working of brakes is not measured on the speed on which you are travelling rather the distance taken to stop on a certain speed.

The probability of tyre burst is much more than probability brake failure considering modern cars.

So think of handling and controlling the car at 180km/hr if the tyre bursts. If you are 101% sure you can control the car, then continue driving at 180km/hr whenever you are on motorway.

Lastly, Handling doesnt depend on speed, it rather depends on driver, road and other conditions. Do some mods and touch 200km/hr+ if you want.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

horrible discussion an comments! family teen dabba should not be driven above 130kmph on motorways! its not that stable! even accords are out of control after 150! choorna band karai sab plz! i am a honda fan, own city civic and my brother have accord! comfort level of city is simply rubbish! seats are as hard as phatta! rear seats hav cramped leg room! corolla is NOT underpowered! 1300cc gli is also v good in all aspects! is pakistan owning honda gives u a fake sense of pride! otherwise new corolla gli is a v good all rounder!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MODS ....pls close this thread! many kidcos will try to attain 220kmph pics on their shopping trolleys tonite :/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Yaar aapne formula 1 race ke liye leni hai ya drag ke liye? Matlab aap ghar se nikaltay hain tu pedal full dabba kar nikaaltay hain? Or office kitna door hai aapka? Matlab koi 70 km hogA? Ke aap top speed par full kaam khainch kar 20 min mai pohnch jayen? Ya kisi 7 series/S class ko thokna hai sahi wala?

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums Mobile App
    Hahaha, you nailed it bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    horrible discussion an comments! family teen dabba should not be driven above 130kmph on motorways! its not that stable! even accords are out of control after 150! choorna band karai sab plz! i am a honda fan, own city civic and my brother have accord! comfort level of city is simply rubbish! seats are as hard as phatta! rear seats hav cramped leg room! corolla is NOT underpowered! 1300cc gli is also v good in all aspects! is pakistan owning honda gives u a fake sense of pride! otherwise new corolla gli is a v good all rounder!
    I agree with every word. I also have City 1.3 Manual, and despite that the engine power is good, I don't wanna drive it beyond 120-130. The car has no safety features, similarly to other local crap selling in the market. No air bags, no head injury protection under the interior trim, no head restraints in the seats, no traction control, ABS brakes response is not so good, very light weight body not appropriate according to the international standard, the passenger cage is also very pathetic in terms of strength.

Still if you wanna drive this crap at speed above 120-130 kmph, then recite Ayat-ul-Kursi and Kalma first

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List