3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ground clearance of Honda city

Hi everyone, I got a new city aspire last month. Within a span of 4 weeks, bottom of the car has scratched with speed breakers and high ramps almost around dozen times. It's very annoying. I drove a cultus earlier and never faced the issue. Car is city aspire 2015. Any suggestions or driving precautions please. Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For me luckily, honda city hasn't scrapped yet on those speed breakers where axio used to scrap.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Babar2437 View Post
    Hi everyone, I got a new city aspire last month. Within a span of 4 weeks, bottom of the car has scratched with speed breakers and high ramps almost around dozen times. It's very annoying. I drove a cultus earlier and never faced the issue. Car is city aspire 2015. Any suggestions or driving precautions please. Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    My suggestion is change tyre size from 175/65/R15 (Stock Tires of City in Pakistan) with 185/65/R15 (Allowable Size Range for City).
    It shall improve GC. Secondly, If car has passenger on the back; cross the breaker diagonally. It shall help in 90% cases. (PS: For K2 type steep breakers, dost koi hal ni except changing street ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I am also awaiting delivery of my aspire 1.3 MT therefore I have three queries.

1.) does the tyre change void the warranty of the car ?

2.) if I switch to 185 or 195 will it have drastic changes on fuel economy?

3.) Are stock tyres OK as I'm living in Karachi and roads are fairly alright. Should I continue with stocks for a while ?? (Advise pls)

Quote Originally Posted by abdulbasit126 View Post
    My suggestion is change tyre size from 175/65/R15 (Stock Tires of City in Pakistan) with 185/65/R15 (Allowable Size Range for City).
    It shall improve GC. Secondly, If car has passenger on the back; cross the breaker diagonally. It shall help in 90% cases. (PS: For K2 type steep breakers, dost koi hal ni except changing street ....

The only easy day. Was yesterday.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salmanminhas
    Warranty might get void especially if you get suspension or steering issues and you change tyres from stock to some other size (thickness, sidewall increase or decrease).
    EuroStars are generally harder tyres compared to others (Yokohama, Michelin) and so have less grip and lower rolling resistance. That's why fuel economy is better once using EuroStars.
    For Karachi only use EuroStars should be OK as you won't go beyond 80
    :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanminhas View Post
    Sir I am also awaiting delivery of my aspire 1.3 MT therefore I have three queries.

1.) Does the tyre change void the warranty of the car ?

2.) if I switch to 185 or 195 will it have drastic changes on fuel economy?

3.) Are stock tyres OK as I'm living in Karachi and roads are fairly alright. Should I continue with stocks for a while ?? (Advise pls)

1. Yes, Changing tyres shall void warranty of Honda.

2. At 185/65, Mileage shall go down to by 1-2 km/L but acceleration won't be affected. Pick up of car shall be good. Road grips shall be improved.
    At 195/65, Mileage is quite effected at least 3-4 km/L and acceleration is so less that Mehran can overtake you until you do hard paddling. (195 is majorly required for rough roads like for inter city travels on poorly maintained roads and highways (i.e Interior Sindh and Punjab).

3. I shall suggest that For Karachi Roads, Stock tires are OK (Not good but OK). It shall help you maintaining the warranty of Honda. Run your Car at these tyres for at least 35K. Then plan your tires change.
    Just one precaution, Honda City has a hard suspension and small tyre width (In Stock). Be very very cautious on big bumps (bole tu Khaddoon pe). The point is; Suspension is rugged enough to bear the bumps but RIMS shall deform permanently. Phir wohi Car balancing ke roley aur 100 KMH so oper ki Car Vibration.

Just Like "Mehran" said Euro Star (Stock) tyre is harder than Yokohama's, Michelins and have less grips. But sole purpose of Honda City is "Fuel Economy" thats why Tyres are also selected to give more fuel economy than driving pleasure. For driving Pleasure, Michelin Energy Saver, Yokohama Advan DB or Yokohama BlueEarth Tyres are available in Market for 185/65 or 195/65.

Hope i answer your concern.

Regards,
    AB

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulbasit126 View Post
    1. Yes, Changing tyres shall void warranty of Honda.

2. At 185/65, Mileage shall go down to by 1-2 km/L but acceleration won't be affected. Pick up of car shall be good. Road grips shall be improved.
    At 195/65, Mileage is quite effected at least 3-4 km/L and acceleration is so less that Mehran can overtake you until you do hard paddling. (195 is majorly required for rough roads like for inter city travels on poorly maintained roads and highways (i.e Interior Sindh and Punjab).

3. I shall suggest that For Karachi Roads, Stock tires are OK (Not good but OK). It shall help you maintaining the warranty of Honda. Run your Car at these tyres for at least 35K. Then plan your tires change.
    Just one precaution, Honda City has a hard suspension and small tyre width (In Stock). Be very very cautious on big bumps (bole tu Khaddoon pe). The point is; Suspension is rugged enough to bear the bumps but RIMS shall deform permanently. Phir wohi Car balancing ke roley aur 100 KMH so oper ki Car Vibration.

Just Like "Mehran" said Euro Star (Stock) tyre is harder than Yokohama's, Michelins and have less grips. But sole purpose of Honda City is "Fuel Economy" thats why Tyres are also selected to give more fuel economy than driving pleasure. For driving Pleasure, Michelin Energy Saver, Yokohama Advan DB or Yokohama BlueEarth Tyres are available in Market for 185/65 or 195/65.

Hope i answer your concern.

Regards,
    AB
    It has amply answered my queries. Thank you very much. I intend running the stocks for a while. Avoiding potholes and what not. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List