Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: No new Honda City in near future.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Genius99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default No new Honda City in near future.

    Salaam everyone, I have been hearing various news on the new city model. Some say it is coming in March'16 while most of the reliable sources as well as sources inside Honda have been telling that there will be no model till the next two years which astonishingly means that this city will remain in production for 9 years! We just sold our 2014 model city and now looking to buy a new car but this is a really confusing situation. I called the Honda showroom asking details like booking period, own etc and asked that if I buy the facelift version now but a new model comes soon, wouldn't I say that I was misguided by Honda and couldn't wait to buy the new model so he got the manager on line who assured me that there will be no new city till the next two years. Anyone got reliable news about city so do share it.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    saify37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    6
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius99 View Post
    Salaam everyone, I have been hearing various news on the new city model. Some say it is coming in March'16 while most of the reliable sources as well as sources inside Honda have been telling that there will be no model till the next two years which astonishingly means that this city will remain in production for 9 years! We just sold our 2014 model city and now looking to buy a new car but this is a really confusing situation. I called the Honda showroom asking details like booking period, own etc and asked that if I buy the facelift version now but a new model comes soon, wouldn't I say that I was misguided by Honda and couldn't wait to buy the new model so he got the manager on line who assured me that there will be no new city till the next two years. Anyone got reliable news about city so do share it.
    I have recently talked to a Honda Marketing Guy (15 years served in Atlas Honda) and he said there will be no new model of City until mid of 2017. The company has delayed the launch because of the bad sale of Civic's new shape in Pakistan, and that's why they are waiting for the best time.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Genius99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saify37 View Post
    I have recently talked to a Honda Marketing Guy (15 years served in Atlas Honda) and he said there will be no new model of City until mid of 2017. The company has delayed the launch because of the bad sale of Civic's new shape in Pakistan, and that's why they are waiting for the best time.
    Exactly sir, they are already having reasonable sales of city compared to xli or gli but the new altis has really given a tough time to civic and my guess is that they will launch civic first, maybe this fall even though the current civic hasn't served a lot of time in the production line but still. Anyways, what do you suggest, buy the facelift? But then again, selling out the same model, buying the same in facelift, not worth it I suppose.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    saify37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    6
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius99 View Post
    Exactly sir, they are already having reasonable sales of city compared to xli or gli but the new altis has really given a tough time to civic and my guess is that they will launch civic first, maybe this fall even though the current civic hasn't served a lot of time in the production line but still. Anyways, what do you suggest, buy the facelift? But then again, selling out the same model, buying the same in facelift, not worth it I suppose.
    In that case, you can go for new GLI (XLi is not the City's competitor) and if you don't have GLI's budget, go for a used City again, and use it for 1-2 years until the new model is launched. Whether its Honda City, or Corolla, both have good resale and can be sold in good price, provided you keep the car with care.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •