Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Is it right tuning time?

I owe a honda city aspire 1.3 2015

Its Currently on 19k+ on odo

1st tuning was done on 1000KM which is free ofcourse by honda

1. Does my car need a tuning?

2. What guard filter is?

3. I heard of Iridium Spark plugs are they efficient than currently installed plugs?

4. I am using ZIC X9 5W-40XQ fully synthetic oil is it good for my car?

5. Should i change my car brake pads cause ABS is making alot of noise while braking and sometimes it slips while hard breaking...

6. EDIT: and yeah my fuel range says 0KM but still i can go around 30-40KM is it normal?

I am new in the cars its gift of father when i graduated thats why dont know much..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please reconfirm that you bought it in 2015 and you have done 19k km in one year?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by captain.mujtaba View Post
    Please reconfirm that you bought it in 2015 and you have done 19k km in one year?
    I done it in 5 months I bought it on November 6th 2015

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

19k too much but I guess your first vehicle.
    I can suggest you somethings but I am not professional.
    1. By tuning you mean the one you have done at 1k kms. Just change the oil and filter on time or before 4k kms. Use honnda oil or the one you are using. Guard is oil filter which needs to be changed on every or second oil change. Don't use guard oil filter as it's locally made but quality compromises. Buy honda filter which I guess made in thailand.
    2. The plugs installed are fine and no need to change them. Yes there are many good plugs but it will effect your consumption and engine life while giving better performance. Change plugs as recommended in your car's manual with the same one I suggest. Most probably after 40k kms or whatever.
    4. Zic oil which you are using is good and you can continue with that but maybe someone having same car will guide you properly. as far oil is concerned than it's fine and good oil.
    5. ABS will make noise when you press the pedal little bit harder. The noise you hear is actually the noise of ABS system and every ABS car had this noise. Use soft pedal it will not apply the ABS. Still you can go for check up. If brake pads are not in good condition then ABS will activate more quickly but I don't think brake pads needs to be changed.
    The sound you hear is actually system keep locking and unlocking the break.
    6. I don't know why but you can ignore this thing. I personally don't rely on given range. I drove my altis for 100km and it says range is 20km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 - absolutely not

2 - air, oil filter, and oil company

3 - copper is just as efficient; iridiums just last longer and cost more

4 - overkill for your budget-grade mass produced car; just use Shell HX-7 5w-30, Total Quartz 9000 5w-30, or Caltex Havoline 10w-30, whichever is cheaper.

5 - ABS is supposed to make noise; it will slip in situations where the terrain changes it's consistency mid-brake. This mainly happens because it's a budget grade sedan.

6 - the FCD (Fuel Consumption Display) is slighly out of calibration; in your case it is underreporting the fuel consumption. It's nothing much to worry about; if you are borderline OCD, you can get it adjusted from an authorised Honda workshop.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, one thing that you shouldn't have done is that you used Zic oil. The problem with this is that by using this your car warranty is now no longer valid. Secondly there is no tuning done by Honda on 1000 km check. They only perform visual inspection of the car.

Your car will need tuning at 20k km but go to Honda and ask them to perform 20k km check on your car which includes tuning, wheel alignment, wheel balancing and visual inspection. Secondly guard is a company which produces car parts such as oil filter, air filter, engine oil, fuel filter etc. But please only use Honda's original parts for your car and get them from Honda. Now I don't know what kind of engine oil is needed in 1.5 city because I use 1.3 city but check this information regarding oil in the manual provided by Honda along the car. But personally I use Honda's genuine oil as my car is still under warranty.
    You can use Zic but use the same grade which is specified in the manual. Do not change your brake pads now just get the brake service done which us also included in 20k km service. But remember abs makes a little noise when it is applied and sometimes when you brake hard to a certain extent, the brakes slip in between the time when you apply the brakes till the abs is fully applied.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Using an in-spec oil can not legally void the warranty, no matter what the brand. Don't give in to the scare tactics of these dishonest showroom technicians; if you are an alert consumer, call them out on their bull-excrement.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by captain.mujtaba View Post
    Is not too much i mean our 2011 gli of which delivery was mid august has completed over a 170k kms.

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asharab.butt View Post
    Is not too much i mean our 2011 gli of which delivery was mid august has completed over a 170k kms.

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    It is wayyyy too much....

And i am surprised you asked the same questions in the honda city fan club thread. You got the answers as well yet you openend another thread.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List