Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Honda City 2002 Tyres and Rims Help

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ameriaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City 2002 Tyres and Rims Help

    Hello Everyone
    I've recently bought Honda City 2002 and now i want to change tyres of the car as the previous ones are almost going to burst sometime soon so i need the help about tyres and rims.
    Please do tell me what RIM and TYRE size should i buy as i am going to buy both of them new so i've to make sure to go with the right suggestion.I don't want the tyres to affect fuel economy.
    Second i've visited SAIF TRADERS TOWNSHIP LHR tonight and i couldn't find some good option of rims in 14" so i need to know that if i've to move to 15" would that be okay.
    Current Size of tyre is
    165/70/R14
    P.S Can i install 195/65/R15 Tyre Size of CIVIC STOCK TYRE 2013 in my city or it will affect on fuel economy
    JAZAKALLAH


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    mir.azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    289
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The OEM tire size for Honda City SX8 is 13" (175-70r13 i guess), now max you can go upto 15" with 195-55-r15 or 195-50r15. I have recently shifted from 13" to 15" with rims, Steering is much stiff now, handling has improved alot, no excessive petrol consumption i have noticed.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    ameriaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mir.azam View Post
    The OEM tire size for Honda City SX8 is 13" (175-70r13 i guess), now max you can go upto 15" with 195-55-r15 or 195-50r15. I have recently shifted from 13" to 15" with rims, Steering is much stiff now, handling has improved alot, no excessive petrol consumption i have noticed.
    My cousin is giving me his Honda Civic 2013 Tyres Still able to run more than 15k KMS and i think the tyre size of 2013 Civic is 195/65/R15 can i use them to or just buy the rims and use those tyres or should i get new tyres with new rims

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    mir.azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    289
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ameriaz View Post
    My cousin is giving me his Honda Civic 2013 Tyres Still able to run more than 15k KMS and i think the tyre size of 2013 Civic is 195/65/R15 can i use them to or just buy the rims and use those tyres or should i get new tyres with new rims
    Not advisable, when i was selecting tires for my 15' rims i checked 195-60r15 even it was very big for this ride was touching rear shock spring, then i checked 195-55r15 and it was good and perfect fit. Your ride your way, however i have seen people running 185-65r15 on there ride and lifting it up by few inches to make enough space.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ameriaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mir.azam View Post
    Not advisable, when i was selecting tires for my 15' rims i checked 195-60r15 even it was very big for this ride was touching rear shock spring, then i checked 195-55r15 and it was good and perfect fit. Your ride your way, however i have seen people running 185-65r15 on there ride and lifting it up by few inches to make enough space.
    Ok thanks for the answer bro so finally i just need to know the exact RIM size i should go for (Any Brand Names you think they are good) and second the exact tyre size i am gona buy that don't effect fuel economy

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    mir.azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    289
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ameriaz View Post
    Ok thanks for the answer bro so finally i just need to know the exact RIM size i should go for (Any Brand Names you think they are good) and second the exact tyre size i am gona buy that don't effect fuel economy
    You can go for 14" rims and tires aswell.
    Take a look at this https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...carving-wheels

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ameriaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mir.azam View Post
    You can go for 14" rims and tires aswell.
    Take a look at this https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...carving-wheels
    Thanks mate just contacted him last thing can i spray or apply sticker to these rims as my city is black and i need them to look like this.
    Honda City 2002 Tyres and Rims Help -1671929

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    mir.azam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    289
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ameriaz View Post
    Thanks mate just contacted him last thing can i spray or apply sticker to these rims as my city is black and i need them to look like this.
    Honda City 2002 Tyres and Rims Help -1671929
    Yes you can use plastdip (rubber paints, easily removable).

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •