Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By drbelalmuneer
  • 3 Post By saboor73
  • 1 Post By 1503
  • 1 Post By ali15144
  • 3 Post By Sha2eb
  • 1 Post By KeiWorks12

Thread: Conversion of manual honda city to automatic transmission

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    drbelalmuneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Conversion of manual honda city to automatic transmission

    Aoa
    As the statement says I need to change my manual honda city transmission model 2010 current shape to automatic
    Q 1.Is it possible easily?
    Q 2. How much would he the cost?
    I am in Lahore so a gokd mechanic recommendation will be required
    Regards

    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    biloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,281
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Imo its better to sell this car and get a used 2010 City AT

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    drbelalmuneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    Imo its better to sell this car and get a used 2010 City AT

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    But I'm interested in this car cause it's with us since day one and only 50k driven no paint work at all atleast 9/10
    So finding another car of same year would mean alot of search and still I wont find a clean one as this.. So. My first priority is to get this converted
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,545
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    U need a auto box with matching ecu and its possible

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    biloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,281
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelinside View Post
    Thanks
    But I'm interested in this car cause it's with us since day one and only 50k driven no paint work at all atleast 9/10
    So finding another car of same year would mean alot of search and still I wont find a clean one as this.. So. My first priority is to get this converted
    No worries mate. You can always find a clean car , it may take some time though. Nevertheles, Bol for the project, you gotta visit Bilal gunj if you are in Lahore bro.
    Look for Honda specific shops. I am sure youl get all your answers there.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    drbelalmuneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    U need a auto box with matching ecu and its possible
    Thanks that's what I wanted to know so it is possible I guess without much of hassle.
    Now . main concern is cost of the project
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    drbelalmuneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    No worries mate. You can always find a clean car , it may take some time though. Nevertheles, Bol for the project, you gotta visit Bilal gunj if you are in Lahore bro.
    Look for Honda specific shops. I am sure youl get all your answers there.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Thanks @biloo
    But finding a car is second option I will try to find a good deal for auto conversion my guess if it's around 50k then I would do it....
    Any idea how much auto tranny would cost me from bilal gunj?
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    1503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sell the manual and buy an auto, donot go for conversion. You have been WARNED....;-)
    -

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali15144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    I asked this question for my city 2005 and this is reply i got, hope it might help u in what parts to buy from scrap yard
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249617

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sha2eb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Doable - yes
    Should it be done - probably not

    Would like to know the reason behind the conversion mate.

    Anyhow here's the list of items you would need:

    - transmission
    - wiring loom and ecu
    - axles
    - center console
    - instrument cluster for the auto
    - gear lever assembly
    - deletion of clutch pedal and installation of auto pedal set

    There may be other items which may need to be replaced with the auto compatible variants such as:
    - the intake manifold (not sure about the city but for the Civic EK it was different for auto and manual variants)
    - cooling system
    - removal of the hydraulic clutch system of the manual
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KeiWorks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sha2eb View Post
    Doable - yes
    Should it be done - probably not

    Would like to know the reason behind the conversion mate.

    Anyhow here's the list of items you would need:

    - transmission
    - wiring loom and ecu
    - axles
    - center console
    - instrument cluster for the auto
    - gear lever assembly
    - deletion of clutch pedal and installation of auto pedal set

    There may be other items which may need to be replaced with the auto compatible variants such as:
    - the intake manifold (not sure about the city but for the Civic EK it was different for auto and manual variants)
    - cooling system
    - removal of the hydraulic clutch system of the manual
    +1. And i think it would be much easier to sell manual one and get an auto one rather than going through the conversion.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •