Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2002 Fuel Average? Is This for Real

Hello Wheelers
    I am going to share my story with you and i need to know if this is for real.
    I bought a City 2002 Last Month and i was so happy but i was so disappointed when i checked the fuel average.I spent almost 25k after getting the car on Different things including INJECTORS.
    So i started checking the fuel average by 500Rs. On 500Rs.(7.96 Lts Petrol price 63)The car gives me maximum of 65Km(Fuel Needle beyond End Line near to E).Sometimes i smell petrol whenever i had to go to office but i didn't notice much but today my brother asked me to give me my car he has to go somewhere and when he returned home he said that i refueled of 1000Rs and when i checked the mileage it was 84Km and the Needle was almost near to E.So i started the car and i tried to check the mileage by driving the car to RING ROAD but i was reversing the car to get out of the Garage i saw fuel on the floor and when i drove the car to the mechanic which is near to my house who did all the work on the engine when i bought the car and when he opened the bonut the INJECTOR was leaking and there was petrol flowing like water.So he checked and he said that there were some kind of rubber ring in fuel INJECTOR which broke and the fuel started leaking so he fixed that and then i fill up one 1.5LTR bottle of Petrol and one 0.5LTR bottle of petrol from my bike and i drove the car to ASKARI to my cousin's Home.
    On the way back the car stopped at 112KM and the fuel was empty then i refueled the car with 2 LTR that i had with me and i drove it back to home and i wanted to check the mileage so I am going to share the picture of my car which has done 33Kms in 2LTR of Petrol and still have some may be so i need to know was there an issue of INJECTOR when i was not getting the mileage more than 7 to 8Km per LTR or now there is some kind of issue with the car?
    P.S don't go with the fuel needle as it don't give accurate readings when the car is off.
    ThanksHonda City 2002 Fuel Average? Is This for Real -1673647

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro one thing never ever run your car with less than 1/4 tank of petrol or never ever run your car on E or reserve fuel because it will cause trouble for you your fuel pump may start whinning and eventually it will die.

As you are saying that fuel injector O-ring got cracked and started leaking yes that is the culprit so you are good to go now.

For finding best avg of your car.Check all piping from Fuel tank till fuel rail find for leaks if get them repaired.And then fill the tank to top brim and drive the car for 100km after driving it for 100km fill the tank again to brim you will get your real and accurate mileage by dividing the avg=km/liters.

I hope i answered your all queries.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Bro one thing never ever run your car with less than 1/4 tank of petrol or never ever run your car on E or reserve fuel because it will cause trouble for you your fuel pump may start whinning and eventually it will die.

As you are saying that fuel injector O-ring got cracked and started leaking yes that is the culprit so you are good to go now.

For finding best avg of your car.Check all piping from Fuel tank till fuel rail find for leaks if get them repaired.And then fill the tank to top brim and drive the car for 100km after driving it for 100km fill the tank again to brim you will get your real and accurate mileage by dividing the avg=km/liters.

I hope i answered your all queries.
    Thanks mate i will be careful for the next time about fuel pump but i sill have one question that is the reading accurate now and is this the mileage a 2002 city get or the reading is inaccurate.
    Thanks for the reply btw

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ameriaz View Post
    Thanks mate i will be careful for the next time about fuel pump but i sill have one question that is the reading accurate now and is this the mileage a 2002 city get or the reading is inaccurate.
    Thanks for the reply btw
    As i have never owned a city but i do owned a civic so the avg is correct as my civic never gave me above 11km/l 97 model.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ amerriaz i am facing the same problem , the fuel average on my city in bad as well . when i drove to mechanic he suggested me to change the cluth plate and pressure plate along with bearing now i have change the complete transmission system see what happened . will post you the results . and my sx8 was on CNG as well .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my civic exi 2005 stock giving me very bad avg...i usually drives with a light foot below 2.5rpm,,its giving around 7km/l....i need help what should i do with it ...theres also black petrol carbon comming with shows that she drinking petrol...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Following things can be checked for excessive fuel consumption:

-Dirty/Clogged air filter
    - Incorrect Ignition timing
    - Under-Inflated Tyres
    - Binding brakes
    - Leaking Fuel Injector (OP problem found and solved)
    - Blowing Exhaust system
    - Faulty Coolant Temp switch (suppose you fill all water instead of coolant)
    - Thermostat stuck open or removed
    - Vaccum Hose split/no proper air flow

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeret View Post
    Following things can be checked for excessive fuel consumption:

-Dirty/Clogged air filter
    - Incorrect Ignition timing
    - Under-Inflated Tyres
    - Binding brakes
    - Leaking Fuel Injector (OP problem found and solved)
    - Blowing Exhaust system
    - Faulty Coolant Temp switch (suppose you fill all water instead of coolant)
    - Thermostat stuck open or removed
    - Vaccum Hose split/no proper air flow
    i did her computer scan so no problem found.....nd smell also comes of KACHA PETROL when it statrs from the exhaust...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what oil should i use for her? i recently bought it...engine wise it has no leakage nor any leakage in engine bay...nd powerfull engine...main problem is petrol avg...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have 2002 city, used to do 13kmpl in city and above 14 on highway! on cng it did 200km per cylinder and sometimes 175 with ac.
    2005 civic vti. does 11-12kmpl in city and on cng does 150km with ac in city light foot

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List