2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice needed regarding parts and other stuff

I bought a city automatic 2010 because I searched for about 40 50 days and couldn't find a manual. Well I knew the fuel economy was bad but I didn't know that it was 7km/l bad. The accelerator response is also very slow.

Due to these reasons I decided to do some checking and opened up the air filter box and honest to God I've never seen a more dirty air filter. It had geeli oily mitti type cheez in it and it was honestly surprised at how the car was even running with such an air filter. I've decided to get the cat tuned and change all the liquid filters etc and I need advice regarding that. I'll be getting this done by a very expedited mechanic and not the Honda Centre because I've heard that they only over charge you and do nothing special. I need advice regarding the following

What oil to use? And what oil filter?

Which air filter to use?

What transmission fluid to use?

Which spark plugs to buy?

And precautions regarding the cleaning of throttle body? And what specific throttle body cleaner to buy because I don't the mechanic to clean using petrol.

I need to know what parts to buy and a suitable place in islamabad to buy these parts. Please help

Sent from my 0PJA2 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy everything OEM from a Honda 3S. Use the mechanic of your choice if you trust him. Honda air filter is oil based and that was probably just dust sticking to the oil in the filter, not geeli matti.

I do have a 2010 manual and that's the car you should keep looking for if you want economy. Automatic wont go over 9-10 kmpl on a good day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zackgrays View Post
    Buy everything OEM from a Honda 3S. Use the mechanic of your choice if you trust him. Honda air filter is oil based and that was probably just dust sticking to the oil in the filter, not geeli matti.

I do have a 2010 manual and that's the car you should keep looking for if you want economy. Automatic wont go over 9-10 kmpl on a good day.
    Finding a 09-10 manual is probably the hardest thing I've done in my entire life.. There are literally no cars in the market. And either way the weekly travel of this car barely exceeds 170 km and that too in islamabad on a dead straight road that goes from f10 to parliament. (10 km almost) so I think I can achieve rather good economy. And my mother drives the car so I know very well that she will get worse economy from a manual because of the driving style

Cab you please provide an estimate of all the things that I require? And am I supposed to buy the engine oil from Honda too?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Driving a manual 2013 1.3 aspire and really happy with its performance, AC, consumption. Although had to raise rear tyres by quarter of an inch and 195/15/65 radials. Get all honda 3s spare parts and follow the owners manual reccomendations. Any 5w-30 or 10w-30 oil is good enough donot go for 20w-50.

Pakistan First

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's not totally right dear. I am using 2016 model city Aspire prosmstic and I am every dayvtravelling between twin cities and getting avarage of 14 and 15km. If I stick in heavy traffic and idle time increase then economy drops to 8 or 9 but that happens when car stays idle like and hour.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Always use Genuine Oil. Use Honda Oil and Filters. Honda oil filter gives u 10000km of milage and genuine Air filter will give u 15000 of milage. It saves money and time in the long run...
    I owe a Honda city 05 Vario. It gives me an average of 12km/L..
    Air filter plays an important role in giving u good milage.. It should always be clean and genuine...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List