Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Honda City 2014 Maintenance

Salam everyone,

My name is Nasir and I'm a car enthusiast. Its been a passion from day one. I have owned many cars in the past but recently in 2014 I bought a Honda City 1.5 Aspire M/T for family use. The car has been driven around 39,996 Km. Now I have been maintaining this car from Honda Centre on the basis that the family car should not have any problems. So at the 40,000 Km major check up they require a bunch of things to be replaced and serviced.

1. Engine Oil
    2. Oil/Air Filters
    3. Transmission fluid
    4. Brakes
    5. Fuel filter.

Now my concern is that do I really need to change the fuel filter because:

A. The car runs just fine.
    B. I have been using Hi-Octane regularly uptil 29 - 30,000 Km
    C. There are Fuel Injector and Fuel Filter cleaners in the market that can do a decent and cheaper job.
    D. Many internet forums have suggested other wise, saying the fuel filter needs replacement around 60,000 Km

Im cool with the rest like I know that the brakes probably need replacement or service.

My point is that we all know how Honda rips its customers wallets and leaves a huge hole.

Can I get a cheaper but still reliable solution?

By the way Honda quoted the expense for services around 35- 40,000 rupees.

2. 22-08-2016, 11:26 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    duplicate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda quoted you what? That's insane!
    I recently got the 40k check up done. Item numb 3,4,5 plus i got ecu reset and throttle body cleaned in around 7.5k. Even if you add the engine oil change ( which i didn't) it still doesn't make any sense. I got it done from honda pit stop rahimyar khan.

Sent from my LG-H860 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should check if the brake pads need replacement, at least for the front you can see the pad thickness with the wheel off. I just got my citys front pads changed at 100k, it lasted till then. THe rear drum brakes still had life in it.

I had the fuel filter changed at 60k, upon a 3s dealers advise when I was at the 40k service. At 40k they do valve (tappet) adjustments and do charge about 4000rs labor for that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The labor charge at 3S thumbs-down, the tax charges and their fees

For this, last oil change and filters change was done from my preferred local mechanic, I purchased the oil, air/oil filter, plugs, silencer rubber from 3s shop and took it to my Mechanic-Buddy got it done in Rupees 200 hundred.

Honda City 2014 Maintenance -1708618

@wreckless : Now coming to your aspire I will suggest you to buy the main components from the 3S shop like break-pads, oil, and coolant. Forr Fuel filter, plugs, fuel injector cleaners, air cleaner from local market and get the work done from preferred/experienced Mechanic/Shop other then 3S.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys for your advice. Im thinking i should shift to 3S dealers and my local mechanic like kamran has mentioned.

However you have also added coolant and plugs. I thought plugs can go till 50 or 60k because they are irridium tip.

Please also mention any good 3S dealer in rawalpindi saddar area.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maybe labor charges in rahim yaar khan are different. I really dont want my car to be deprived of any service that is required. However I think I should check the local Honda pit stop and see what they have to say about this.

Where did you purchase the parts from?

7.5k was with parts cost and labor?

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wreckless! I have a 2010 City, end of last year it finally reached the 40k km mark. Went to a workshop in I-10, owned by a technician who had worked at Honda for many years.
    What he did, changed the gear oil (Honda wala), break oil changed with complete bleeding of old oil from the pipes, break service and tuning/tapped adjustment and throttle body cleaning. If I remember correctly I ended up paying around 10k for parts and labour.
    But let me tell you one thing, the fuel consumption has gone down since that day. I think within city I used to get around 13.5 with ac before...and now it is around 11.5. Have been thinking to take it to Honda Pitshop but somehow till now was not able to take it for a check up.
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well 40k is too much. When our city reached 40k mileage the maintenance cost was about Rs 27k from Honda center Rawalpindi. It's nearly 70k driven now and still drives like a new car. I'll suggest you to get the OEM fuel filter from a reputed Honda shop in saddar it'll be much cheaper than what the showroom offers and get the work done from Honda Center.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TM good to know that your 2010 City is reaching 40K after almost 5 years. Mine has reached within 2, even though I have other cars. I used to think I drive it very carefully. All the things that you have mentioned are right. But im not too sure about that guy. I know I have been there with a friend who used to get his eagle eye Civic 05 maintained from him. As for the fuel consumption I can relate. At the 20K checkup the car tappets were adjusted and throttle body was cleaned. There was a huge difference in mileage after that. But I had gone to Honda centre so I think besides going to the right mechanic, getting the throttle body serviced brings the mileage down. My 1.5 is giving 11.5/km right now and whats worse is the acceleration sucks. Its like sometimes I feel that the car is being dragged and Im the kind of guy who never skips car maintenance, even then. Im a fast driver though as the name suggests.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Deadly_Flame 27k is still quite alot. Just saying and your suggesting I should get the fuel filter changed.

Actually I was thinking to get parts from saddar at any reputable Honda spare parts dealer and go to my local mechanic for labor.

What about the plugs ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The only two things cost may make the total bill look too huge. One is Brake pads and the other is fuel filter.
    Break pads of my Honda city are now need replacement after 57k and that too the Honda classic guy said I can drive another 3-4k kms. Point is to check the leather on break pads before you replace it instead of just what manual says. Your brake pads life depends on your driving style and type of roads you drive - NOT what manual says.

Now the fuel filter - I know the maintenance schedule calls out for replacement every 40k kms - my experience with previous city is different. I drove the car from brand new to 128k kms before first fuel filter was replaced. Even then it wasn't clogged, it was just a tad bit dirty only and even honda guys were like . I am not saying you drive that much but I feel if you are using better quality petrol, you may keep using it for another 20-25k kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I am not saying change it. When ours was changed I didn't felt that the mileage had gone down, but I am just sharing my experience that now even at almost 80k the mileage is the same and performance too. So maybe it was indeed a wise choice to have it changed when it did (not sure though) You'll have to ask someone who didn't change it at 40k and how is the performance of their vehicle after these many miles on the ODO. However the major cost was due to parts prices.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TM. Brother please guide what you did for your fuel average problem. I am facing same problem. Previously my city 1.3 used to give 14 km/l. But after 40k tunning from Honda Centre it is giving only 10-11 km/l. I think it is due to tappet adjustment but what should I do.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List