Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: why is the braking of city so poor?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default why is the braking of city so poor?

i have driven many citys, 2013, 2015 and few other models, and all have poor braking, you have to hit with hammer thousand times and it might stop if it wishes....

why did honda do it,

i plan to upgrade car, i like the shpe of city, but since i drive jdms, and i have driven GLI, i feel very unsafe with braking of city...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The brakes of city are absolutely fine and adequate but not comparable to 11th gen corolla (with abs) or civic, I recently clocked about a 1000 km in a gli and a city on a trip to northern areas and city's brakes feel more stressed under pressure but they do work.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Auto/manual?
    Manual 1.5L

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    The brakes of city are absolutely fine and adequate but not comparable to 11th gen corolla (with abs) or civic, I recently clocked about a 1000 km in a gli and a city on a trip to northern areas and city's brakes feel more stressed under pressure but they do work.
    Just wondering which tyres were you using on the City?
    And was it the facelift model?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I drive a 07 city which is on Michelins and it tends to skid real bad, had encountered a few scary situations.

But the next generation City has good brakes.
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been driving Honda city since 2012. I am also having the same poor braking of this model. The pedal is too soft and many times faced difficulty to stop the car and avoiding hitting of front vehicles. Visited many times Honda workshop to get fix this problem but of no avail. Although the front pads and rear shoes are okay. The mechanics fix the brake temporarily and the softness problem starts again even after only driving of 200/300 km. Can some one suggest sole solution or recommend good workshop/mechanic in Islamabad/Pindi area where I could get solve this problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Usually its not just the brakes but suspension system also plays a part in good or bad braking. The current shape of City is better in terms of road handling and suspension as compared to iDSI shape City 2003 - 2008.

I'm using Honda City cars (3 till now - 2005-iDSI previously and currently 2012-1.3liter Aspire and 2015-1.5liter Aspire) and drove well over 250k kms combined all over the country without any accident so far. Using hard brakes is my diving style, yet never encountered any situation where my cars went out of control due to poor braking and feel quite safe with its brakes. By the way I used Michelin in my iDSI City but using stock General tires (or watever fancy name) on my current cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mijaz54 View Post
    I have been driving Honda city since 2012. I am also having the same poor braking of this model. The pedal is too soft and many times faced difficulty to stop the car and avoiding hitting of front vehicles. Visited many times Honda workshop to get fix this problem but of no avail. Although the front pads and rear shoes are okay. The mechanics fix the brake temporarily and the softness problem starts again even after only driving of 200/300 km. Can some one suggest sole solution or recommend good workshop/mechanic in Islamabad/Pindi area where I could get solve this problem.
    There is a workshop in Islamabad as well as pindi, whichever is convenient. Isb one is expensive whereas pindi one is cheaper

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    There is a workshop in Islamabad as well as pindi, whichever is convenient. Isb one is expensive whereas pindi one is cheaper

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    Dear, do you mean Honda workshop or some other workshop(s)? As I had written I have already visited Honda Islamabad Showroom/workshop I-10, 3/4 times for brake problem but found it useless.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Driving 1.5 Aspire Pro: it is around 12000 KM now,but never had any problem, may be because i had my driving training from UAE, as I strictly follow the Car's technical braking distance capability given in the broucher, this can be different on different vehicles and keeping the minimum distance under a 3 second rule (a general One) also helps to a great length,

People complaining here that their car bumped in to front clearly need to understand this is your fault not the car's, It takes a lot to understand and adopt the road conditions, specially in Pakistan where minimum distance rule may help you to avoid the accident but will delay your journey considerably, as the other drivers here think this distance which you are keeping from next car is for them to fit in,Please check the brochure and to understand your car's ability do some brake tests in a safe place,this will give you an Idea what your car is capable of, and drive carefully, Hitting the front car from behind is 100% your fault all over the world,

I have seen BMW's,Audi and Mercidesez hitting front cars,it is driver who should be good and vigilant all the times,even the Most safe auto braking Volvo Truck involved in accidents,just because driver could not understand the situations.

Otherwise Tesla is introducing autopilot very soon

Drive Safe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All those who are complaining about city brakes, my suggestion to them is, plz drive mehran once.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Compare it with certain jdms like belta and vitz and pkdm like gli you will feel what op is feeling.
    Every cars brakes are of different nature,, citys brakes require more push. Doesn't mean they are bad.

///AMG

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have one as well lol , and it has dam 100% better than the city 2015, and 2013 i have in my family, hahaha

even though mehran brakes are only drum brakes, not even servo brakes, yet it will stop immediatly, but city never does

those who say their brakes are fine, best of luck...glad to hear...but my exp has been very bad with any model...and i heard the same story from their owners....

you will only come to know the difference i am talking about when you guys will drive any jdm car, let it be honda or corolla...

Quote Originally Posted by omar4494 View Post
    All those who are complaining about city breaks, my suggestion to them is, plz drive mehran once.

Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default why is the braking of city so poor?

There is a serious issue with braking of facelift model due to its increased ground clearance. I had kept 2009 model for 5 years and now I'm driving facelift 1.3 model.
    Braking of this car is unpredictable. Sometimes it stops and you're like WOW - it stopped and sometimes it just refuses to stop at all. I've encountered such situations where next car braked really hard and distance between next car and my car was considerable (surely more than 3 seconds) and I was praying while pushing the brake pedal hard and car was just skidding with notorious abs grinding sound. It was a near miss because I was able to manoeuvre the car with and changed the lane. Thanks to ABS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear, do you mean Honda workshop or some other workshop(s)? As I had written I have already visited Honda Islamabad Showroom/workshop I-10, 3/4 times for brake problem but found it useless.
    Nazir Autos G-8 Markaz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sohelahmed View Post
    i have one as well lol , and it has dam 100% better than the city 2015, and 2013 i have in my family, hahaha

even though mehran brakes are only drum brakes, not even servo brakes, yet it will stop immediatly, but city never does

those who say their brakes are fine, best of luck...glad to hear...but my exp has been very bad with any model...and i heard the same story from their owners....

you will only come to know the difference i am talking about when you guys will drive any jdm car, let it be honda or corolla...
    Like i Said, i have driven countless of jdm cars, kept my fair share of them. There seems to be absolutely no issue with any, driven a few citys, 2012, 2015, 2016, no issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rabeelch View Post
    Driving 1.5 Aspire Pro: it is around 12000 KM now,but never had any problem, may be because i had my driving training from UAE, as I strictly follow the Car's technical braking distance capability given in the broucher, this can be different on different vehicles and keeping the minimum distance under a 3 second rule (a general One) also helps to a great length,

People complaining here that their car bumped in to front clearly need to understand this is your fault not the car's, It takes a lot to understand and adopt the road conditions, specially in Pakistan where minimum distance rule may help you to avoid the accident but will delay your journey considerably, as the other drivers here think this distance which you are keeping from next car is for them to fit in,Please check the brochure and to understand your car's ability do some brake tests in a safe place,this will give you an Idea what your car is capable of, and drive carefully, Hitting the front car from behind is 100% your fault all over the world,

I have seen BMW's,Audi and Mercidesez hitting front cars,it is driver who should be good and vigilant all the times,even the Most safe auto braking Volvo Truck involved in accidents,just because driver could not understand the situations.

Otherwise Tesla is introducing autopilot very soon

Drive Safe
    Dear Rabeelch, yours is an excellent and very informative post. Your observations/suggestions are very valuable and must be followed by all those who driver their vehicles. But, I dare to disagree on the point that a driver having complaints against the brakes of its vehicle is not observing traffic rules of maintaining distances, neither does it mean that he will always hit the front vehicle or worst he is a rash driver. A bad brake for any fault (manufacturing, quality etc.) is a bad brake. What would be the consequence of bad brakes? It is something different, depending upon the situation

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Rabeelch, yours is an excellent and very informative post. Your observations/suggestions are very valuable and must be followed by all those who driver their vehicles. But, I dare to disagree on the point that a driver having complaints against the brakes of its vehicle is not observing traffic rules of maintaining distances, neither does it mean that he will always hit the front vehicle or worst he is a rash driver. A bad brake for any fault (manufacturing, quality etc.) is a bad brake. What would be the consequence of bad brakes? It is something different, depending upon the situation
    I respect that: saying that,we first need to establish a bench mark,a standard that what constitutes a break a bad break,we cannot compare the breaks of a city to corolla as both are different cars,this is same like we cannot compare a Ferrari's breaks with a Mclaren, or a Land cruiser's with a range rover of similar capacity or cost range,

If all cities are coming with similar breaks that means this is the standard offered with Vehicle to everyone and this is not a fault this is just what it is in this price with this company,

Now the question how to deal with it, i have described earlier we should know what our vehicles are capable of, a very important lesson they teach in classes is when you are borrowing a vehicle from your friend please be sure to check how the break responses how the car's engine responses, as these are different for different cars,

Having said that,this is ultimately a controlled machine and driver has all controls in his hands and he is going to use them based on his judgement, how well he judges the situation and react is solely drive'rs responsibility, if i am taking a car out on busy road with all her faults and if i am unable to control it and ram into someone this would be my fault not car's

This is to clear that ultimately the responsibility is of driver's in case of accident,around 90% accidents are human errors, break failure is very very rare (If this does more than 90% is driver's fault as he may have not checked his breaks regularly )

Drive Safe,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List