Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Honda City Parking on sloped ramp

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City Parking on sloped ramp

    Hi friends,
    I own a city 15. It's bottom used to hit on bad speed breakers. Then I started to cross diagonally and problem was resolved. But, now the bottom is scratched whenever I park my car in my garage. The slope of garage is approximately 35-40 degrees and then there is level ground to park the car. I try to park slowly and diagonally but always there is a minor touching of bottom. The place which touches is below the front seats. Any advice or help will be much appreciated please.
    Regards.
    Babar.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamza_xeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,793
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    What is the tyre size ?
    The men are back. @TGT.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babar2437 View Post
    Hi friends,
    I own a city 15. It's bottom used to hit on bad speed breakers. Then I started to cross diagonally and problem was resolved. But, now the bottom is scratched whenever I park my car in my garage. The slope of garage is approximately 35-40 degrees and then there is level ground to park the car. I try to park slowly and diagonally but always there is a minor touching of bottom. The place which touches is below the front seats. Any advice or help will be much appreciated please.
    Regards.
    Babar.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    can you work on slope to be a little less inclined? One day job of mistri

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    can you work on slope to be a little less inclined? One day job of mistri
    That would be an ideal scenario. But, it's not possible. As there is a level of house and street. So slope reduction not possible. I thought maybe with tyre change or some other technique the bottom scratching can be avoided.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnan.shaukat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Best and economical Option is to increase the Ramp width upto 1 feet to reduce slope angle as attached

    Honda City Parking on sloped ramp -1727518

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,380
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Add spacer
    Or tire size change to 195 65

    Sent from my Redmi 4 using PW Forums mobile app
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rabeelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adnan.shaukat View Post
    Best and economical Option is to increase the Ramp width upto 1 feet to reduce slope angle as attached

    Honda City Parking on sloped ramp -1727518
    that is lenght you are talking about,which mean ''tajawuzat'' in street

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adnan.shaukat View Post
    Best and economical Option is to increase the Ramp width upto 1 feet to reduce slope angle as attached

    Honda City Parking on sloped ramp -1727518
    Bro, my dad built the house last year and he spent good money on ramp :-). I would not like to take it all out and spend money over it. Secondly, it will bring the slope into street and block it by around 1 feet.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Add spacer
    Or tire size change to 195 65

    Sent from my Redmi 4 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hello, I know you. You always have some good advice :-). If you could please explain a bit about spacer; it'll be really helpful. Some people say that it hurts the suspension. Is it right?
    Secondly I have original 175/65/R15 tires. What will happen if I change to 195/65/R15? Because only the width of tire is changing from 175 to 195.
    Regards.
    P.s
    If you could tell me your mobile number then then I'll call you for further clarification please.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,141
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    My guess is your house is 5-7 marla and stree is less than 40 feet wide.. best you can do is get those steel ramps which people have...
    i am sure you have seen them in the area..




    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    KeiWorks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,298
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babar2437 View Post
    Hello, I know you. You always have some good advice :-). If you could please explain a bit about spacer; it'll be really helpful. Some people say that it hurts the suspension. Is it right?
    Secondly I have original 175/65/R15 tires. What will happen if I change to 195/65/R15? Because only the width of tire is changing from 175 to 195.
    Regards.
    P.s
    If you could tell me your mobile number then then I'll call you for further clarification please.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Maybe your dad built the ramp/parking for an SUV. He may have planned for an SUV... .

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnan.shaukat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    That was just an option because my neighbor did this (our street is 60 feet wide so 1 feet reduce did not made any issue , they did not occupied the road/street but sideway land.

    If your Ramp is fancy (marble/tiles) then of course its not advisable to spend money on this.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    My guess is your house is 5-7 marla and stree is less than 40 feet wide.. best you can do is get those steel ramps which people have...
    i am sure you have seen them in the area..




    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    House is 7 Marla and street is 30 feet. But I haven't seen any steel ramps. What are they?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeiWorks12 View Post
    Maybe your dad built the ramp/parking for an SUV. He may have planned for an SUV... .

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app
    Lols maybe. But right now I'll have to live on city and make it work :-)


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adnan.shaukat View Post
    That was just an option because my neighbor did this (our street is 60 feet wide so 1 feet reduce did not made any issue , they did not occupied the road/street but sideway land.

    If your Ramp is fancy (marble/tiles) then of course its not advisable to spend money on this.
    Yes, it has some fancy tiles etc. But, surprising thing is that the angle is not very steep and still it scratches the bottom. Whereas, my brothers house has a steep ramp and I easily park there without any issue. But, he has a longer ramp as compared to ours.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnan.shaukat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babar2437 View Post
    Yes, it has some fancy tiles etc. But, surprising thing is that the angle is not very steep and still it scratches the bottom. Whereas, my brothers house has a steep ramp and I easily park there without any issue. But, he has a longer ramp as compared to ours.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    its not surprising thing (due to short length of ramp , angle between front wheel and Rear wheel causes this).

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    Babar2437's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adnan.shaukat View Post
    its not surprising thing (due to short length of ramp , angle between front wheel and Rear wheel causes this).
    It means that even a longer but more steep ramp is better than a shorter ramp of low angle ?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •