0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CNG kit COMPONENETS required on CITY idsi m/t,HELP

I WANT TO INSTALL CNG KIT ON CITY IDSI MANUAL TRANSMISSION BUT HAVE GOT CONFUSED WITH DIFFERENT MECHANICS GIVING DIFFERENT DETAILS ABOUT WHAT ALL COMPONENTS TO BE INSTALLED. CAN ANY BODY HELP ME DECIDE THAT WHAT TYPE AND WHAT ALL COMPONENTS THAT KIT MUST HAVE ie emulator,ecu,turbo charger, etc. ALSO IF ANYBODY HAS EXPERIENCE OF PERFORMANCE/MILAGE OF CNG ON NEW HONDA CITY THANKS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cng can be installed in I-dsi but is not recommended ...i dont know why but i can let you know soon ...i m giving you this idea coz the person whi installs Cng in advanced cars told me althugh he was bzy in installing one and he has no point in getting its customers broke....i will give you his number ..he works in Rawalpindi and is THE BEST Technically sound person i know....
    AE 86

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear kkoool,

I am also interested in CNG for my City iDSI m/t. There is so much confusion as to whether we can install CNG or not. However, i would appreciate if you can post the number of the CNG technician in this forum.
    Hail to the King Baeeeebay!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wtf guys honda city m/t already gives such kick *** milage due to iDSI technology, and u guys wanna add CNG to it ?.for the love of God dont do it....are u die hard CNG fans or what?...DEATH TO CNG ! :@....
    Bees waal 4 life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen quite a new city(s) filling up CNG, so it can be installed. Wonder why ppl spoil such a beauty by installing a CNG kit in it. Money is a factor I know, but amazed to see then that ppl who can afford 0.7 to 0.8 million rupees for this classy car, would want to save a few bucks on running it. Believe me CNG will kill the driving pleasure of citi idsl or anyother new petrol car. Old and Suzuki cars are good for CNG as they do not have a smooth ride on petrol.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar I think that rather than buying Baleno (Only for factory fitted CNG charm), one shall buy Honda City and there is definitely no harm in having CNG in City coz if one can save some money on daily running and can have the pleasure of petrol ride whenever wants to, then rather than driving baleno, driving City with CNG is recommendable. What factory do is not at all different if u have CNG fitting from some good place. And believe me, u'll enjoy Honda City iDSI drive when its not heavy on your pocket at same time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lahore survey.CNG techs/workshops do not give insight to what all they are doing.Generally landi auto italia or Tomasetto Achillekit is suggested alongwith Turbochip(map-av3)advancer,injectors/emulators(zetronics ze-7),digital display switch -inside car,cylinder 55kg.Mileage claims with ac(around 140kms in city)& (upto 200 kms long route).Cost range--around Rs 40,000/=.
    No firm commitmentwith regards to suitability of kits OR suspected damage to plastic manifold due to cng backfire.
    Some inaccuracies may kindly be excused.However guidance for enlightenment from an individual or to any good tech/workshop in Lahore is welcome.Tnx for the patience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    as u ask so in i-dsi the procedure is little changed....
    as i listen from many peoples and also i think that it has 8 spark plugs so advancer known as "TAP"(Timimg Advanced Processor) is not required in i-dsi...reason is that TAP is designed to advanced timing on 4 plugs..it has 8 sequencial plugs so it don't work on it....2ndly always install Landi renzo Genuine kit with warrenty...nowdays kits are coming which automatically convert on CNG when it got required RPM's....so that a good kit...and thats all enjoy aur ride and save plenty of money..but remember that CNG needs more attension than petrol so regularly check out aur Air Filter clean it and in atleast 2 months check out plugs...and have Shell CNG oil for engine...Inshallah u got good results and long lasting performance....
    Thanxxxx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello All !!
    nice discussion going around and i just went thru Sali2002 post that use Shell Cng oil for ur Cng car....yaar sali2002 Shell lubricants are no match for Caltex and Zic Oils...and i have personally tried the Cng Shell oil on my Khyber when it was initailly marketed around 2 years back and it gave a hard time to my engine..i would recommend Caltex etc and not the Cng oils...this is only a Marketing Tactic....(its just like selling a Freezer to an Askimo)..............anyway...nice info here and sali2002 ...you are my man...never mind wat i say....Peace
    AE 86

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List